ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Will the GF64 OST ever be available to listen to?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Will the GF64 OST ever be available to listen to? Reply with quote Back to top

As while some people say the music is pretty mixed. There are some really good tracks that should make people realize that it's not as bad as they say it is.

- Club is really chill and upbeat. While some would say it's unfitting, it fits fine with the cozy style of the level.

- Spectre Island is also pretty good. Probably my favorite song in the game.

I think the real culprit in the music being "bad" is not the compositions (which most are really good), it's just the instrument taste and note pitch and volume. A simple change of that could fix up most of the OST.

The only songs that I actually really find that bad is China, and Cartel.

For now, I've simply recorded the music long enough with Audacity so that it loops, and I cut the end point of the song exact where the songs loop.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanx much .. as I was going to fire up crap emulation and record anywho ! Goldfinger team should release the tunes Cool

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll try to get the music finished up in the next few days.

I'm debating what format to use for it. I'll probably be .ogg as I don't like .mp3, and .wav is too bulky.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's a few tracks I really like, with SPECTRE Island being my top pick. Some have grown on me, such as China. Everyone has their own taste, so certainly no one can ever agree on what's good and what's not so good. But overall, it's a pretty decent soundtrack.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I knew how to extract USFs from N64 games, I'd totally do that with GoldFinger 64. I assume it'd be the same way as extracting from GoldenEye.

That way, you can have lossless quality music without the bulky filesize because of it not being streamed.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

USF isn't an extract.
The format reduces a ROM + savestate as small as possible and lets the game play its own audio itself. It's not extracted audio--it's emulation.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh. So it's basically just the part of the rom that includes the audio files to emulate?

Even then, using a USF-based version of the OST could result in easier to make perfect looped streams of the game audio without having to manually crop it, which would save time.

Seeing how these are made from savestates, it as least gives me in indication on how to exactly make them. I'm probably going to research more and try to make a functional USF out of this game so I can quickly export it to a streamed format with a program like Foobar or such.

The-Gamester100
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any talk to release the complete soundtrack of GF64? I have the complete soundtrack for both PD and GE on my phone for background listening when playing other shooters and I would love to add GF's soundtrack.

There is a YouTube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQD28r5nMqU&t=4224s) that has a lot of the soundtrack but missing certain songs as the death theme, the multiplayer-only songs, and "X" or "Ending" versions of existing songs; also this video contains a few hiccups in the soundtrack.

It would be nice to get MP3 versions of the complete soundtrack! Very Happy

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I second that, already have a ton of OST's on my phone including GE/PE and would be amazing to get a zipped up pack of all of GF64's songs in HQ.

Edit: I took the video that guy uploaded and did some splitting in Audacity, got them all split up into their own .mp3 files so people can easily add them to their music libraries.

Note: I originally intended this for myself so there's a "gf64" extension on each one, just remove it by editing the name of the mp3 and you're good.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!8gtlwSTA!JGGLwutTlC_O3LZ4BgLN6Q_hT4sKdrnPpS4x3I6u6_c

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nah I thinks that guy had crappy plugin setup er recording because the right stereo channel is hardly there

USF !

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's actually normal even on real hardware. For some reason, it seems like a lot of the instruments are only or mostly on the left channel, it's not as noticeable if you play it on N64 far away on your TV but when playing it with headphones...

You can check it here, specially easy to listen to it on the first mission. It's really annoying to listen to with headphones. - https://youtu.be/VxVpEuTxXlQ?t=3m44s

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Graslu00
Discord: https://discord.gg/tksttVC

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So I've been getting to work around with the audio to fix the left-panning issue, but my results weren't the best.

I used a emulator recording, and the stereo-enhancer effect on Linux Music Making Studio to "centralize" the audio panning.

The result was this:

It sorta sounds okay

My issue is finding the audio loop points for a seamless loop of the tracks.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

here's the playlist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iEYhXLwGhk&list=PLK7PJhcZYdfllRUNE5mOPOq4aIvllL_X7

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: