GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Conker French translation : some missing texts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
corrigo21
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Conker French translation : some missing texts Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings everyone !

It's been 7 years since my French translation of Goldeneye.

Now i'm translating another game : Conker's Bad Fur Day

Translation status :
Solo :
-Hungover :100%
-Windy : 100%
-Bat's Tower : 100%
-Barn Boys : 100%
-Sloprano : 100%
-Uga Buga : 100%
-Spooky : 100%
-It's War : 100%
-Heist : 100%s

Multiplayer : 100%

As you can see, Hungover and Windy chapters are not complete because some of the texts are missing.
Actually, they're all related to tutorials. Except for the catapult, the universal game decompressor won't be able to find those texts.

Moreover, if i try to insert the catapult translation, it doesn't work. Maybe it's because of the type which is "Uncompressed" unlike the others ?

Either the game crashes, or Conker opens the instruction book and closes it immediatly, he doesn't read the book.

Any tips ? Is it possible to find the missing texts ?

Best Regards.

Last edited by corrigo21 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will try and help. Can you provide me the right gameshark code to load right into the tutorial. It may be I don't handle uncompressed imports, as well, please provide help to get me started.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice. Always great to see translations of games, since it means non-English speaking players can truly get the best experience out of them. Hopefully SubDrag can help you out with these missing lines. Smile

corrigo21
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, from the main menu select Options and then Cheats.

Enter: WELDERSBENCH and every Chapter will be available.

I found a gameshark code here : Access All Levels : 810E9D06 FFFF

Hungover chapter :
Scaredy Birdy episode : right after conker has taken an aspirin, head to the waterfall, the first missing text is here
Quote:
oh, i can't seem to get any further...

Panhandled episode : right after the chat with the Gargoyle, go back, and grab the lever, a door will open an get in, the second missing text is there
Quote:
Hang on...There is something missing here.

Windy chapter :
Mrs Bee episode : Get the hive back to Mrs bee, cross the bridge and go straight ahead. Birdy will give you a manual.

This is the only tutorial text i've found thanks to decompressor. There are several versions actually. Maybe for an official translation that never started. The only difference between them is the nationality of the book.

3F87F90 : seems to be original English text

3F88A50 : same as english, but Conker refers to a french manual (not sure, he says Le catapult)

3F88E38 : same as english, but Conker refers to a german manual

3F88650 : same as english, but Conker refers to a spanish manual

3F89230 : same as english, but Conker refers to a japanese manual

Sewage Sucks episode :
As soon as you enter the diarrhea filled cavern swim across to the small alcove in the wall and use the B Button.

Conker will get the confident pills and the last tutorial bubble speech will appear.

Quote:
And if i'm a lot more confident, then...

Hope it will help !

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the help, I will investigate this weekend.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Beau travail. T'as du bien en chier Wink

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I fixed support for "Uncompressed" files (it was missing if regrab decompressor), and that one you found should now work. Looking for the missing text.

Hang on: 3F883A0

Sewage Sucks - Line is compressed in file at: 03F88440
This may not be currently ripped by GEDecompressor...

I'm trying to see if there is a table missed by GEDecompressor or something.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK regrab the GEDecompressor. Fixed Uncompressed import, and I added the missing compressed files:

0x3F881B0 Catapult
0x3F88228 Hit you fool
0x3F88270 Oh I can't seem to get any further
0x3F883A0 Hang on
0x3F88440 And if I'm a lot more confident

corrigo21
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hurray ! Very Happy

Thank you very much SubDrag ! You're my saviour !

I'll give it a try tomorrow.

corrigo21
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, it's working

Thanks again !

AL64inthedark wrote:
Beau travail. T'as du bien en chier Wink

@ AL64inthedark (french): oui, C'est un travail très long et rigoureux :
-faire des dossiers par chapitres, puis des sous-dossiers par séquence pour le mode histoire, ou par catégorie (séquence de la mort, billets de banque...)
-faire des fichiers textes avec les valeurs max en mémo de chaque fichier pour une portion que je traduis.
-faire attention aux pointeurs du jeu pour ne pas croiser les dialogues

Modifier un fichier bin change la valeur hexadécimale, et il faut que cette valeur soit inférieure ou égale à celle d'origine, sinon ça plante ou des séquences ne se déclenchent pas.
Il n'y a pas de règles générales pour savoir si le fichier va être plus grand ou non. Je traduis, je tente un réinsertion, et si le logiciel m'avertit que c'est plus grand, je raccourci les phrases, ou trouve des synonymes.
Je teste dans le jeu, puis je centre le texte, etc...

@ AL64inthedark (english): Yes , it is a very long and rigorous job:
-make folders by chapters, then subfolders by sequence for the history mode, or by category (death sequence, banknotes...)
-make text files with the max values in memo of each file for a portion that I translate.
-Pay attention to the game's pointers so as not to cross the dialogs

Changing a bin file changes the hexadecimal value, and it must be less than or equal to the original value, otherwise it crashes or sequences do not trigger.
There are no general rules to know if the file will be larger or not. I translate, I try to reintegrate, and if the software warns me that it's bigger, I shorten the sentences, or find synonyms.
I test in the game, then I center the text, etc....

corrigo21
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm back again, the translation is done, i just need to polish now.

I've got 2 questions :
1-Is it Possible to enable a speech bubble ?
During the last cutscene of the game (Heist chapter-End Cutscene episode), when conker is sat on the throne, he summarizes his adventure, but there's no speech bubble.

However, his last dialogue is present in text in the file 11C8C00.bin

Do you think it's possible to enable this speech bubble ?I don't have the knowledge for this.

2-Edit the graphics

I'd like to edit some grahics to make them english into french, like GAME1, CHAPTERS, PLAY, PAUSE, QUIT, ERASE, etc...
I was thinking of Texture 64.
But The tricky point is how to find them ? there are 3503 bin files !

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm afraid I don't know that I have any good answers on your questions. Not sure how Conker does speech bubbles, but if they're not a trigger in the text digits, you'd have to I guess figure out how to hack the game to do it.

As for images, I guess if you can find out where it is in RAM, you can breakpoint write on load of it, and then find the compressed file associated. I imagine they're all in one section, if you find one, can find the rest.

corrigo21
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I released the translation : https://www.romhacking.net/translations/3457/

It was a pretty long task (around 9 months) compared to GoldenEye, but i made it.

I didn't make it for the graphics or the last speech bubble, but the bulk has been done.

Thanks again for finding the tutorial texts.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great job on that.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent work!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: