ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GF64 Content...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AL64inthedark wrote:
I would only vote for that multi map that has that beautifil orange color (steel something), and the 1911 pistol (the one that looks modern).
Everything else is imho from an era too old for the 90s.

heh, funny you should make that point.
The Colt 1911 was in fact made in 1911 and is therefor one of the older guns available in GF, yet its very blocky but sleek design has stood the test of time and became the de-facto standard design base of all modern semi-auto pistols.

The AK and UZI are older than their GE counterparts (GF being AK47 and UZI while GE has AK74 and microUZI)

The M1928a Thompson (Drum Mag) is a very iconic gangster weapon during the prohibition.
While its probably hard to find more modern examples of iconic use I am quite certain some Cubans' would have some, afterall they have M16's instead of AKs.

Gamma, whats with the Stun Grenade Launcher,Monkey Gun (from Timesplitters), Grapeshot pistol, Grenade Pistol?
None of those are in GF

Trev

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
I haven't played the multiplayer from Goldfinger 64, so I can't answer this, except to say that since apparently GF 64 has new multiplayer levels then I'd love to see them in Goldeneye X as then I could play them against the bots!

But if that would mean removing some levels that already exist in Goldeneye X, then I'm not sure I'd want that. Instead, could everything from Goldfinger 64's multiplayer maybe get copied into the Goldeneye X engine, so that we get a product separate to Goldeneye X, maybe called Goldfinger X (or Goldfinger XM, as it only features Goldfinger 64's multiplayer game, so the 'M' stands for Multiplayer).

That would be fantastic, a multiplayer with bots (and the other advantages of Goldeneye X, such as a weapon select wheel and saved game statistics) version of Goldfinger 64 Very Happy

I got to agree with this guy right here. Otherwise maybe a few things here and there but not go too overboard with this. What exactly I don't know. Whatever the majority think is best I suppose.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry it is just fun ideas I had. The Monkey Gun would be alot of fun to play with my friends.

Also, I'd like Goldfinger and Felix. I don't care which model. Thanks Wreck!

Hey Wreck, can you tell us what you are thinking of adding in the next patch? Is a Dam FZ possible? I'd test it on a console for you!

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a question regarding the levels and amount that can fit in GE-X taking into account those that already exist. I think you once said Wreck that there is more memory in PD is for a greater number of levels and that is what can be added more, much more than weapons slots and new textures. With this in mind and the number of Multiplayer levels in GE-X, can you currently say how many slots or levels can fit in GE-X? if so, all levels of GF64 in GE-X may enter. the only levels that would not put in GE-X would be Junkyard because I think that because of its large area of ​​land it may be impossible in GE-X something similar to what happens with Dam. Nor would it put too small levels like China in its version multi or Hideout.y of the levels Multi secrets I can not comment since I have not passed the game in Secret Agent or 00Agent.

of the characters would put Ling, Galore and Goldefinger (multi version). and if you could put some heads of general enemies in this mod. I do not know how many slots there may be in PD for characters, but if it were wide I would decide to include the characters of the GF64 mod.

Regarding weapons for my welcome, everything that comes from games other than GE or PD and provided that there is no need to delete some original GE to be able to include something else. new GF64 weapons will bring new aesthetics, perhaps new damages, however things will be missing as secondary functions as they are not available in GE or GF64, nor recharge animations. for now GF64 would put the following pistols, Colt 1911.Luger P08, Walter P38 and the machine guns, Thompson (Drum mag), M14, and the shotguns, M1 Carabine, of the revolvers, I would stay with all, and the only Weapon that I do not like aesthetically is the Laser. I would not know which one to choose from, all of which I have named, anyway I think that in the guns I agree with almost everyone.

so as not to delay the next patch I would like to suggest including these changes not in this patch that is about to be launched, but for the next patch.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gamma wrote:
Oddjob's hat as a one hit kill.

Wow! I didn't know that was in it (since there are no bots to fight against, and my friends are all philistines Sad).

Playing with a one-hit-kill bowler hat (that had the penalty that you had to collect it again to use it again) would be fantastic!

Wreck wrote:

As for the bowler hat, I am not sure if it could be supported. It was a knife replacement in GE, and we have our knife in GE-X. There are special features that are hardcoded by ID, and various tables of data with very specific ranges. It is likely not supportable.

Hypothetically, if you made Goldfinger XM (as suggested by someone in this thread Smile) then you could probably leave out the knife in favour of Oddjob's bowler hat. Just a thought.

In Perfect Dark (and therefore Goldeneye X) can the preset bot-types be set to prioritise different weapons in such a way that they would always use one weapon (a bowler hat) even to the extent that they'll go and retrieve the hat that they've just thrown, instead of then pulling out and using another weapon, such as a shotgun or rifle, even if they are under fire from an enemy? If so, then one of the bot-types could be the Oddjob bot, who only uses his hat, and maybe his fists if he hasn't yet found or picked up the hat, or if he gets close enough to the enemy (player or bot) so that he can melee attack them.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like the multiplayer Goldenfinger as well. I wish he was just a wee bit taller. I know he was a little shorter in the movies but it would be nice to see him about average height in the game. (To be more rounded in the game) What do you all think?

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Admitedly, while Goldfinger is 6'1" and Bond was 6'2" we used the Velentine model and so he appears shorter.
Given many progressions of PG and our knowledge of GE, we could make a new Goldfinger, however its a lot of work for not much gain.

Trev

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Understood. Thanks for the Goldfinger models we do have Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Harold Sakata (Oddjob) was approximately 5' 10" in real life, yet was maybe four feet tall in GoldenEye. So Goldfinger's height in GF64 is certainly more acceptable than that was, hehe.

A full GF64 -> PD conversion for multiplayer mode?... Shocked
Select content: yes. Full package: no thanks.

Of course, there's no stopping anyone else from trying it! Razz

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Still don't know how much room we have left for weapons, levels, and characters.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Well, Harold Sakata (Oddjob) was approximately 5' 10" in real life, yet was maybe four feet tall in GoldenEye. So Goldfinger's height in GF64 is certainly more acceptable than that was, hehe

I wonder what Harold thought when he found out that his Goldeneye 64 character was only four feet tall? He probably was like, "Hey! 5'10" isn't that short!" Lol
We could always put Goldfingers head on another body if we want him taller...like Mayday haha

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Random guesses, as I am not near my files...

Weapons: Five?
When you have All Guns cheat on, and you see the duplicate Hallucinogun weapons, those are what is left in the main chunk. If you go past that, you lose valuable data that guns require, and you would also need to select from the menu only.

Levels: Unsure
You can keep extending the VR level list without any real limit. However, you only have so many slots available for levels to begin with. There are 20 meant for multiplayer, but you can use up the others not named ##MP, obviously. Probably around ten of those, perhaps? So let's say a guess of 30 total. So subtract what we currently have from that, and that is a rough idea.

Characters: Mixed
Again, the select lists in VR can be (and have been) extended to allow more heads and bodies. I want to say somewhere around 15 of each are currently set, but you can tilt the scale in either direction. 20 heads, 10 bodies. 5 heads, 15 bodies. Whichever way it needs to go, as the files can be of either type.

Apparently Sakata died in 1982, so I don't think he was in much position to care. Razz

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd personally love to see "Vault" as an additional multiplayer stage. It's instantly recognizable amongst Bond fans and the level seems to have a good layout for multiplayer. "China" would be another one.

The inclusion of Goldfinger and Red Grant as playable characters would be a real treat. I actually think Grant is one of the best villains in the franchise so it would be awesome to be able to play as (or against) him.

Oddjob's hat would be a fun weapon but I can see why its inclusion is probably impossible.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have decided on the levels of GF64 that I like the most and that I would like to see in GEX, these levels are:

1-Offices: is a level a little small but with multiple rooms to hide and two floors.

2-Stell Mill: I like this level for its red fog, it has several floors, plus this level reminds me of the end of Terminator 2 where the T-800 terminator ends with the T-1000.

3-Prison: I love this level, it's a bit small and I just wish it had more routes and rooms.

I like the other levels but I did not choose any of them because they seem too small, the only exception is Junkyard, which I have not chosen since I think it is too much for the PD engine in a multiplayer.

I would like to ask the GEX team when the next patch will come out ?. I think Wreck once said it would come out around mid-January or early in the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: