ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Fixing old Goldeneye hacks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good job guys !

So, what are the most interesting ?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Most interesting what? The unused beta text in Code Red? Well, there's additional background info, Bond and scientist dialogue, interactions with machinery, etc. You could extract the LsevE text file from the patched ROM to see in detail. He obviously had greater intentions for this mission, but I would venture to guess that a lack of knowledge in the action block department held him back.

He had accidentally replaced Bunker ii's text with Code Red, which is why it was crashing. The setup itself was totally untouched, so "Sneak" was just a retextured level. I renamed it "Bunker" to avoid confusion.

As for Q-Lab...
I am strongly considering expanding this. I had begun basic preparations for a custom Library mission, but the story was not worked out. Perhaps I can combine the two, and make a much bigger, more fulfilling Q-Lab. I've got some ideas floating around for it.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I posted the 7 ones that Wreck sent me. Links on GoldenEye Vault main page.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. I'm hoping I can get at least a few more fixed up, especially those which crash. The lag mostly has to do with the background and the setup file. If the creator put too many props and tons of guards, it will have an adverse affect. It really isn't my place to edit those kinds of details (though in the case of Code Red, it is for everyone's benefit), since it can change their design vision.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really think there should be a feature on GV where hacks that are updated get pushed to the very top so people know there's a new patch available.

Will definitely download and test those in a little.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are we going to fix up any more? Just finished testing all the available SM64 hacks this morning and will be testing the fixed GE ones tonight. Would be cool to keep fixing these up if you're free, Wreck.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, I may have already done so, but since you opted to try every SM64 mod in existence to find out only maybe one percent actually work on console instead... Razz Laughing

I have Code Red mostly done. Lots of issues there. I can look at some of the others, but they can become increasingly more difficult to track the errors. Some may be memory related, which usually comes down to too much variety of props and characters. Or some strange little action block detail that can be tough to sort out. Text related are easy fixes, as were the bad key bitflags crashes. Random crashes... Not so much.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good to hear, actually didn't get to test those ones + the 4 new hacks that have been released and I probably won't be able to until Wednesday with the way my work schedule is.

I'm curious as to how we will fix the MP hacks since the issues we've had so far have been SP related which aren't present in MP.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, tested all 7 hacks that you gave a go at fixing. 5 are now fixed leaving Missile Facility and Severnaya Bunker Mission 2 crashing in the same ways they were crashing before.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, are you sure two of them are still failing? I tested them all out on console before submitting them to SubDrag. Anything to do with bad text digits or dropped keys should have been addressed. Unless it's another issue causing a crash?

Also, Sahara Prison is still highlighted in orange, but has no notes next to it. Was it alright now, or just has lag or something else?

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Hmm, are you sure two of them are still failing? I tested them all out on console before submitting them to SubDrag. Anything to do with bad text digits or dropped keys should have been addressed. Unless it's another issue causing a crash?

Also, Sahara Prison is still highlighted in orange, but has no notes next to it. Was it alright now, or just has lag or something else?

Woops, forgot to change it. But yeah, I'm getting the same crashes as before.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could you do me a favour and see if the readme file inside the Severnaya Bunker 2 mission folder says "Version 3.0" inside it at top? If it does, than Sub must have accidentally skipped over that one, even though updated the Vault description. It should say "3.1" instead, and include an extra Revisions section on end. It's possible that this, and Missile Facility, were not replaced.

Missile Facility should include Edit Notes inside its readme file, as well.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, says 3.0.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had a feeling. I'll have to ask Sub to replace that one, and see if Missile Facility was also skipped over. Sounded too strange for those same issues to remain. Once they have been replaced, please check them out to see if any other troubles exist.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can do!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: