ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Multiplayer level screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zilog
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject: Multiplayer level screen Reply with quote Back to top

has anyone thought about use the larger single player level select screen on multiplayer? Would it even be possible?

If it was possible we could add a selection of the best multi player levels that are easy to select with out having to activate codes or patching roms every time you wish to play a different level.

If it makes it easier we could even dump the single player side and have a multi player only rom.

Edit: I see MultiplayerX has already sort of done this by converting solo levels in to multi player. I wonder how hard it would be to replace these levels with more dedicated solo levels.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought SubDrag, or it could have been Zoinkity, had come up with a way to force all levels to load using the multiplayer selected options, even if chosen through the mission folders. That way, you could potentially have 31 different levels (32 without random). I do not think this was ever publicly released, though. Would be nice to have it on Vault to use.

The XBLA version had extended the MP level screen by three (one per row). No idea how tricky that would be.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zoinkity's NSNA had a multi extension of some kind (two pages). I had asked him, but it wasn't easily transferrable as a standalone patch - NSNA only.

For the solo menus, pretty sure the only gameshark code to force multi is all you need. You just set your options in multi, go to solo menu, and load level.
It was 00 solo, 01 multi, but I don't have it offhand. That's been done for over 20 years heh. It might be 80025E43 0001

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought I remember 00action was working on an expansive multiplayer mod that allowed the player to pick a level from the mission folder and it would load in multiplayer. I don't recall there needing to be a GameShark code, but I could be wrong. This was a little ways back. Maybe if he pops in he can lend some more info on it.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had asked Zoinkity in the past what it would take to extend the multi list and here is his response:

Quote:
It was a feature in the NSNA hack to add a variable number of additional pages to the menu. It was tied into multiple other features though and relied on a completely different data structure. The interface and display functions for the menu were rewritten in their entirety and the next/previous tabs linked in. It hardcoded the upper-left corner to random due to personal preference, overly complicating everything else.

Assuming you either make room or reduce the structure size, you really just need a longer list, change the interface to track a page number, and use the page number as a multiplier for your base index. Next and Previous tabs are drawn by calling a standard function that does that from within the display function, and in the interface you just catch Z and R for page increments. Probably want to change the initializer too to initialize/set the page number.

- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: