ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Hostage dies from the start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Hostage dies from the start Reply with quote Back to top

Another thing that's strange to me is. I have incorporated hostage thing like the boat level. The hostage just dies from the very start. The guard works. I only have one of each in so far. I seen that the action used in Frigate doesn't actually have a guard set to aim at. It shows that he aims at a preset. I'm confused because the guard doesn't aim at the hostage at all. I noticed the 2338 preset things. Do I have to set them up in edit objects mode? I have the objective block complete so that is something knocked out.
AAAH I noticed a tutorial on hostages on the website. I looked at it and i noticed many errors before even trying it. Maybe an update is in order. Rolling Eyes

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

2328 needs to be set if something uses it such as an action. You have to set it in object editor, it's not available in visual. Though may be good for me to add that.

You'd have to post more specifics to know what's wrong, but taking Frigate's actions and fixing what's changed should work.

Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One of my concerns is, when i add more hostages. How does the terrorist know which hostage to aim at. Frigate has one block set to a guard and knows which one to Aim at. That all goes along with the 2328?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It doesn't use 2328, that's for where hostages run. It seems to use guard id FC, I think that's the closest guard id. Although I thought it wasn't supposed to bset set by action, hmm.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it not set in the Edit Objects menu, under 09 Character? I swore we added that while trying to get Frigate going in GE-X. It's the way the hostage and hostage taker pair together. You set the ID of the partner to act as the FC actor, and the action block deals with them that way. Check Frigate for reference.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's right!

The FC can be set in actions, but for Frigate, it uses the FC set in the 09 character block.

Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eeh my head. So after an hour of trying and changing things around, only one thing has changed. And that is that instead of the guard dying immediately he simply jails to the action were he was rescued. The Terrorist just stands there thinking the hostage is still there. He is also facing some other spot. I looked at the. Edit objects part but still don't get exactly what the 2338 is for. In the action, i have it Set to all the same preset. Which is also the same as what he runs to fade out. The problem all lies in the hostage 😳

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: