ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Guard Paths Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avast: Magical Biohazard
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Guard Paths Issue Reply with quote Back to top

I've been trying to make guards walk back and forth on a path, but I can't find any reliable instructions in this version of the Setup Editor to do so. I read a comment reply in another topic, claiming that the previous recommended way of making guard paths is expert use only (and that it was much easier to do now, but refrained sharing that information).

So what's the steps needed to make a patrol path?

P.S: The map, Facility, was made bare-boned, with Green Path Presets still littering the area. Can you make new paths by adding 00-Presets, or do you need to use the pre-placed ones?

At least I'm experienced with Hammer.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Paths can only be added to a node that is a guard set. A guard set is those green presets you're seeing (aka navigation mesh). So you right click and say Add Path and Guard Action. Then right click on green nodes one by one and say Add Preset to Path XX (# you added).

When you're done, if you have a guard, assign him the action created when you made path.

Avast: Magical Biohazard
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Paths can only be added to a node that is a guard set. A guard set is those green presets you're seeing (aka navigation mesh). So you right click and say Add Path and Guard Action. Then right click on green nodes one by one and say Add Preset to Path XX (# you added).

When you're done, if you have a guard, assign him the action created when you made path.

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

At least I'm experienced with Hammer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: