ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

What would the best emulator be for Goldeneye?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keith
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: What would the best emulator be for Goldeneye? Reply with quote Back to top

What emulator would be the best to run this game with? Right now I'm using 1964 with the Rice video plugin (6.1.0) but the game still tends to freeze up. If anyone could tell me of a better video plugin or a better emulating program to use for this game it would be much appreciated.

~Keith~
(until I make a better sig)

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey welcome to the forums! Nice sig! heh.

Okay, seems like my emulation pages need to get up on the site asap. What freezes are you referring to with 1964? Is that when you are using gameshark codes?

I ask because whenever I play GE on 1964 with codes, I must basically start the game with the gameshark codes disabled. Once the first splash page loads, I then tick the "enable gameshark codes" box in 1964. She runs fine from there. Again, I will get my emu pages up yesterday.....

Keith
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE MASTER wrote:
Hey welcome to the forums! Nice sig! heh.

Okay, seems like my emulation pages need to get up on the site asap. What freezes are you referring to with 1964? Is that when you are using gameshark codes?

I ask because whenever I play GE on 1964 with codes, I must basically start the game with the gameshark codes disabled. Once the first splash page loads, I then tick the "enable gameshark codes" box in 1964. She runs fine from there. Again, I will get my emu pages up yesterday.....

When it freezes up I don't believe I was using any codes, I was just playing through facility single player and the game suddenly froze. I could still hear some sounds, but they would just be for a brief instant and then it would lock up again. The only time I was able to move the cursor was when the sound was made. No matter what I did I couldn't get out of the game or 1964. I ended up having to turn off the computer by turning off the surge strip because no other way would shut it down (ctrl+alt+del or the power button itself).

~Keith~
(until I make a better sig)

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I recommend 1964 because PJ64 doesn't recognize the controller as easily.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Keith
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It seems to be working better now, though I can't seem to get any of the gameshark codes I added to work, like cradle in multiplayer and the standard settings. They either freeze the emulator or cause me to start up the game with visuals (screen is black but I can hear backround music and menu sounds).

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, this is when you have to start the game first, then activate the gameshark codes in 1964. Odd but that's the only way the codes will work. At least most of them seem to require this startup method.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: