ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

v1.06 (or v1.08) Gameshark GE no-clip code issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dugg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: v1.06 (or v1.08) Gameshark GE no-clip code issue Reply with quote Back to top

**edited from original OP. Original OP was asking why my gameshark was stuck freezing/crashing when creating/saving a new game name in the codelist. (after deleting all games)**

**this edit should explain what happened to maybe gain any insight on what happened with the Dam code remaining and also to warn others not to do what I did**

Basically I had a v1.6 gameshark and one of the Dam no clipping codes acted up (no-clip codes for other levels from same site worked fine).
Suffice to say it did not work properly and the game wasn't playable with it activated.

Dam No-Clipping GS code issue:
1) how the no-clipping codes worked as I'm sure many of you are already aware of is you press L+R (or something like that) and Bond is teleported to a new location (usually out of bounds).

The Dam no-clip code didn't work well. It teleported Bond very very far away. The other no-clip codes for other levels that worked fine only teleported Bond fairly close to where L+R was pressed which is normal.
The beginning of the Dam level was visible far in the distance and Bond could not run there nor did re-pressing L+R teleport Bond anywhere else but that far location. I tried running for 10+ minutes towards the visible Dam area but Bond never got any closer.

2) When a code doesn't work properly or at all I just reboot, disable the code and delete it. Usually everything goes back to normal.
However when I did this then enabled a previously working no-clip code for another level (in this case, Depot, which was working just minutes before trying the Dam code), the same issue that occurred on Dam happened on Depot. I tried other no-clip codes that were previously working on other levels and they seemed to be affected just the same.

3) Basically, whatever happened with the Dam no-clip code affected the other no-clip codes and even after disabling/removing the Dam no-clip code, it's effects seemed to remain.

Frozen/Dead GS issue:

1) so I removed the GS and just tried to boot up 007 normally and nothing would show up. This happens time to time after your GS freezes/crashes mid-game but usually after a short time period the GS/007 or just 007 alone boots up normal.

2) Approx. 45 mins went by with nothing booting. No 007, no PD, no JP PD, no GS/007 ... nothing.

3) Eventually the N64 would boot the games and GS/007. I tried the originally-working no-clip codes (Depot, Train etc) and the same Dam issue was evident. Bond teleported super far away and could not get anywhere near the visible part of the level. Making matters worse, these negative effects were evident even when NO no-clip codes were used. I tested this by only putting on "walk through doors" code which has always worked fine. That code, as well as any others that I tried (by themselves too, I didn't combine codes) all had the Dam no-clip negative effects.

4) In an attempt to fix this, I deleted the entire GE codelist which was the only game on the GS. I was hoping to clear the GS completely and start from scratch. Well, this opened a new issue which I later found out after posting this thread. If you delete your codelist from an older version gameshark (in my case a v1.06), upon attempting to save a new game name the GS will crash/freeze.

5) I left it for hours hoping it would fix itself. It did not. N64 off for hours = nothing. N64 booting up GS/007 attempting to create/save Goldeneye 007 game name on codelist = freeze/crash.

As I mentioned already, I originally made this thread asking about why the Dam no-clip code negative effects affected other no-clip codes that were previously working fine. And I also asked why upon deleting the entire GS codelist (which only had GE007 on it at the time) would freeze/crash the GS when attempting to create/save a new game name on the code list. Eventually I found out that older version gamesharks will lock up when you try to save a new entry this way after deleting all games.

Hope this makes sense and gives warning to others who attempt the same. Also, I am afraid to ever try a Dam no-clip code. Not that I need one much anyway.

Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: