ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

The tutorial didnt help me at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XiRw
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: The tutorial didnt help me at all. Reply with quote Back to top

I tried reading both the Quick Start tutorial and the Convert Levels tutorial just to try and do one basic simple thing to get started with modding.

All I was trying to do was add Jaws in a level but it says "Error in Quick Convert, ROM Invalid"

What I did was click File > Open Setup Uncompressed > Folder of Goldeneye Setup Editor > UsetupsiloZ.bin

I don't understand why it won't save?

Now with the convert levels guide, I checked to make sure my ROM was unflipped and it was. So next I went to Tools > Apply IPS Patch > I clicked "Open" I then clicked "Open" again, and finally the third time I renamed the file like it said and clicked save but everytime I do this the program crashes for me at this point.

Am I doing something wrong with any of this?

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You have not set your GoldenEye ROM under preferences, or it is corrupted.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It sounds like maybe you don't have a GoldenEye ROM (or at least a valid one that cooperates with the Editor) set in the Preferences menu. I am sure SubDrag can chime in with better information to help.

XiRw
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pavarini wrote:
You have not set your GoldenEye ROM under preferences, or it is corrupted.

Thanks for the fast reply. I didnt even know I had to do that with the preferences but ever since I did I cant even use the visual editor anymore because it just crashes when I try to open up a level. I even tried downloading a different ROM and it was the same issue.

Will try to reinstall the Goldeneye Editor Setup now and see if that fixes the problem.

XiRw
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
It sounds like maybe you don't have a GoldenEye ROM (or at least a valid one that cooperates with the Editor) set in the Preferences menu. I am sure SubDrag can chime in with better information to help.

I tried using 2 different ROMS from 2 different sources, one of them being emuparadise but I still had the same issue so I will try reinstalling the entire Goldeneye Editor Setup now to see if that fixes anything.

XiRw
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn, reinstalling the program didnt fix anything : /

I got it to work, kind of. I was able to edit the runway and save it but when I try to edit the control room it just crashes and wont let me "Open Setup Uncompressed"

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What version of windows are you using and what are your system specs?
I only had that problem in 98 (fixed by KernelEx).

Otherwise I would suggest:

get a GE rom
    open the rom in a hex editor and check around the 2nd line for "GOLDENEYE" (if it says anything else like "OGDLNEYE" or "DLOGYENE Y" it will need byteswapping)
    Install the VC redist's
    Install DirectX9c
    install PerfectGold again
    Open PerfectGold.exe and Go To Prefrences and set the QuickConvert rom to the GE Rom you downloaded.
    File -> New -> Visual level (usetuprunz.set) -> OK
    Edit Setup -> Visual

you should now see runway in a visual window.

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: