ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Subdrag for making the model editor open the visual editor; also, for the template feature which is awesome.

I have tons of windows opening like that when loading a preset, if my preference rom is one that is extended because I changed and added some textures.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Subdrag:https://files.catbox.moe/hn2jub.zip

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps since it uses the same texture name, it's conflicting the texture names when loading in edit model? Or that texture is corrupted?

I am edit whole in visual fine Siul of that...odd

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Minor suggestion regarding some of the lab equipment. Could the following five props be changed to use these default settings in GE mode...

Prop

Type
2A Glass

Size
0200 (some can crash console at 0100)

Health
000A

Bitflags
Fall to Ground

And that's it. I have noticed in some custom missions that these objects are 03 Standard, and don't break how glass should. People likely just add them into their setup and not realize the Editor did it that way.

---------------

Also, while it is now fresh in my mind, when adding in 018 Surveillance Camera and 062 Ceiling Mounted Drone Gun, maybe not include Fall to Ground. With that on, once you destroy them, they drop down onto the floor, which is really odd to see.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In the transition from Editor 2 to Editor 3.0 an nuisance was introduced when you access the object list while in Visual Window.

In version 2 there was less gap in between the different props and you could see all of them in a 1080p monitor (and maybe in a smaller monitor too). This way it was very easy to spot the prop you were looking for.

But in version 3 the gap is larger and you can't see 3 of the props, meaning you have to scroll down or up. This makes looking for props very tedious and adding them is slower.

So my request it to go back to the gap that was present in version 2. Or is there a way to reduce it in the current beta?

Thanks.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it still possible to download version 2 of the editor? If so, where can it be downloaded?

Can you have version 2 and verison 3.0 of the editor at the same time?

I have a beginner question about the editor:
What happens if I click on help and then on "update Beta version"? the editor will remain the same? What changes? Is this the same as clicking on "BetaGrabberTool"?

although SubDrag answered me about this in goldeneyevault for the weapon of Siul KA-57 Gun / Prop, I did not get to fully understand him because of my English level. I would like to request option "Import model as template" and "export model as template" for all the editors that come with the editor GEEdit3, that is to say Perfect Dark, Diddy Kong racing, Jet Force Gemini Mickey Speedway USA.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure why the menus are different. The only thing that changed is that there are styles (but you have it disabled). I guess the fix at the moment for me is to just lower the amount of entries per submenu. I lowered it to 45, at my resolution I can cover all of that.

I'll look into adding those object defaults.

What I wrote on the PD Templates:
It's a very fair question. I naturally thought about doing PD Model Templates, but here's what happened. One thing is that PD already stores some of the properties in the model format naturally, so it's not quite as necessary to have templates (but not the additional gun information, and they are very complex in PD). But that wouldn't have stopped me.

The real problem, is that adding images to Perfect Dark mode does not really work due to compression of ASM files, so model templates are unlikely to work properly, so I didn't add the mode.

I haven't looked at DKR or the other games, but at the moment import is rather limited so template mode doesn't make sense.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's been a little quiet now, so I'll chime in with some more actions.

0040 is "If Guard Has Partial Visibility to Jo, Return Value"

0041 is "If Jo Has Partial Visibility to Guard, Return Value"

004C should be a coloured return value.

006F is more like "If 16-Object Door Transitioned From Fully Closed, Return Value"

0076 should be a coloured return value.

007E should be a coloured return value.

0086 is "Adds Value to GuardID#'s Block Variable." The last byte is the guard ID.

0089 is "If Action Block Variable is Less Than Random Byte, Return Value"

008C is "Adds Value to GuardID#'s Alertness." The guard ID is already set up, though. Neat!

0090 is "If Alertness is Less Than Random Byte, Return Value"
(yes, 008F is something new and eludes me)

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The names for joints for guard meshes in Vertex Matrix are not showing up, however for any other type they show up.
this happens for any guard mesh, including stock ones.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Still haven't gotten to Wreck's defaults, but added the actions for PD. Nice finds. Also Siul how do you recreate the lack of vertex names? I see it for PD guards:

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This occurs in GE mode, when viewing a guard mesh in vertex matrix.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It happens for me in PD mode too. What guard is not doing it?

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

for some reason it now works on stock models, but fails on custom models, i'll send the template in DM.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's fixed in beta, Siul sent me a template, now it works right.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm curious what the "Partial Visibility" means exactly? Is kind of a hard term to quite understand.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 27 of 107

Jump to: