ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't tested the new download yet. How is the new GLideN64 versus the previous included release?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I asked some users to test and they've said it performs about the same as 2.0. Texture pack support is still unstable (this bug is known by Gonetz).

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello there!
First off, i may thank you for working on this 1964 emulator. Goldeneye really feels like it´s a native PC Game from 1997. And then also in 60 FPS. Awesome.

Okay. Now to my problem. May sound a little strange, but i use a JoyCon in my left Hand and a Mouse in the Right Hand. Really like that feeling to have the precision of a mouse and the movement from a controlstick. JoyCon are these here if you don´t know.
https://www.google.de/search?q=JoyCon&num=30&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_vceAoOfZAhWosKQKHb7HDskQ_AUICygC&biw=1179&bih=614#imgrc=qWtP-q8Zb5wnFM:

If you use them with a PC, then the input is Dinput. Now, it configed it already in Xpadder, JoytoKey and Antimicro and it works flawlessy in every game. But somehow in 1964 it doesnt work. It´s the only one who makes problems. I looked into the Mouse Injector Config and saw at the top that where you can choose which keyboard and mouse to use is greyed out (Don´t look at the red mark, this pic is just copied from another user). I remember in an older version of 1964 60FPS you could choose your keyboard and mouse. Can you please help me here? I really want to use my Joycon here.
deuxsonic wrote:

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MI uses ManyMouse, which is a library designed to read mouse input via RAWInput. Keyboard support was added to the library. This will read multiple mice\keyboards from the same ManyMouse API. It is not compatible with DInput devices.

Quote:
I remember in an older version of 1964 60FPS you could choose your keyboard and mouse.

That option will only appear if you have multiple players enabled and more than 2 keyboard\mice connected, otherwise it will accept all mouse\keyboard input.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
MI uses ManyMouse, which is a library designed to read mouse input via RAWInput. Keyboard support was added to the library. This will read multiple mice\keyboards from the same ManyMouse API. It is not compatible with DInput devices.

And, JoytoKey doesn't work because...of the RAWInput?

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you that you responded so fast.
So, is there really not a single way to use the Joycon then? Maybe could you be so kind and create a single patch only for me, which is capable of multiple keyboard or something?
I´m thinkin maybe a wrapper dinput to rawinput would also be a option.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RAWInput will bypass wrappers (AutoHotKey, etc) because it reads directly from the driver. I don't know the specifications for a joycon is, so I am unable to support it.

Edit: This is the old mouse injector app, if you use this along with with n-rage maybe it will work. https://files.catbox.moe/whjb26.zip

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay. Thank you. That works so far.
But i think i will have some disadvantages if i use this one instead of the new plugin, do i? I mean some functions will be missing. Like the FOV-Slider and the Toggle Chrouch.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, the mouse injection uses Windows memory access which are not as quick as local memory access, but for the most part it's the same code. It does lack FOV and other adjustments. I may have to disable the speedhack for PD, if it's an issue I can remove that and give you a new build.

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That would be great from you. And when i want to play Perfect Dark, i must use my current 1964 Version with the Mouse-Injector you attached before.
By the way. Could you somehow build the new 1964 in a way that it never uses the Registry? I know that this version uses it´s 1964.cfg now, but i strangle still getting some Registry Entries from this Emulator like this here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\1964emu
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\1964emu_099
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\1964VIDEO

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I checked the current build and I have not seen any registry entries made to those locations. I guess they were made from old instances or 1964video.

Edit: This will disable the speedhack for PD, as it is built into 1964 https://files.catbox.moe/ljqebx.zip

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, that was fast. Thank you so much. Will test it later.
You was right. The Registry Entry could be Leftovers from before.
I saw right now that Crouch Toggle is avaible in the old Mouse-Injector.
Very Good. The only thing missing is the FOV-Slider. But anyway i didn´t used it in the newer version, cause i was fine with the default FOV.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Will there ever be support for frame skipping? As I've noticed that on weaker/lesser hardware, the audio distortion from your hardware not keeping up with the game can be pretty bad.

That is, if frameskipping is there, and I somehow missed it.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not that I know of, dynamically adjusting the OC\CF is too unstable - best solution is to pick a OC which won't cause stuttering. Sorry \:

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know almost nothing about your specific program, so this question may be pointless, but...

Is asynchronous audio possible? You know, the music and sound slow down with the emulator lag instead of distorting?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 40 of 53

Jump to: