ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you considered making the other co-op players Moore, Dalton, and Lazenby? That way you could still use the "Play as Bond One" cheat and make Connery a unique thing you have to unlock.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With a name like "connery as bond" I can't imagine why this would seem like a priority Razz. Personaly I quite like the idea as I think the way the co-op character interacts, they are in effect also Bond.

It sounds like it is easier to have the same co-op character throughout although I suppose you have one for human and another for sim. Not sure if having a different head for human and sim takes up more memory or not. I've no idea how easy it would be to change p1, presumably not very. But of the other Bonds my priority would certainly be Connery, Moore, Dalton. I think Lazenby was too minor and Craig too recent to be high on the list.

However, I think Wreck isn't keen on using another Bond as I know he's trying to retain as much of the authenticity as he can.

Lazlo52 wrote:
Dark Reyn wrote:
Regarding the eventual plan to replace the voices of guards from American to Russian. Is there a list of lines? Is the intention that they speak English or Russian? For that matter, what about the likes of Frigate, Cuba, Aztec and Egyptian?

I wouldn't worry about voices not matching for certain levels. The various Mr. Blondes of PD sound like typical guards, and everyone refers to the player as a 'her.' I don't think it's a big concern, all things considered.

Oh, and if you want a list of the generic guard lines, the 39850 Game Configuration's Sound Editor tab has the "Action 130 Banks" listed. You can find the three male guard voices and the female guard voice there.
Dark Reyn wrote:
Regarding the main dialogue I'm sure there are people out there with the patience to collate the right snippets of Brosnan and Bean's voice from the film and other things and others with the skills to clean them up etc. Regarding any new lines featuring Bond talking to himself, someone suggested having Q make a comment instead which I think seems a lot more plausible.

Sorry about the lengthy quote (and quoting myself again) but I was wondering about this. Are we saying guards should speak English or Russian - i.e. do you suspend disbelief that they would speak in English with Russian accents or if they actually speak Russian then many players would not be able to understand.

How much space is there for the dialogue? I was wondering how much can be taken from the movie and how much would need to be added. If a lot needs to be added, I wonder would the actors themselves be game for recording a few lines, or how good are the community at impressions? A few of us are Brits, I don't know about Russians. I presume Trev can do a Scot doing a Russian accent for example...

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Reyn wrote:
A few of us are Brits, I don't know about Russians. I presume Trev can do a Scot doing a Russian accent for example...

You mean like Boris (Alan Cumming)? Laughing

heh, I suppose maybe we could all do something and see what happens from there, Im quite sure my voice will be thrown out on the first vote though, I hate hearing my own voice - though don't most people? Razz

What will be needed is a list of phrases from PD and movie, pair off duplicates and then see what else fits.
This list can also have space for the winning voice for each sample for credit.

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One more quick note on compression. Sometimes even the tiniest change can cause a file to compress larger than the original. Since it must fit within a specified amount of space (as well as the following files), it can become very difficult (and annoying!) to choose just the right values to help it to compress better. The ammo bar colours was quite a struggle, believe me. This is another issue we run into when adding images onto the end of the ROM. Unless someone like Sub can locate something in that particular file that can be erased or shortened, the compression will continue to bite us.

Yeah, if you play coop mode and one player uses the disguise, while the arm model will visually change on screen, the body will remain as it was when the mission began for the opposite player to see. Guess Rare couldn't find a way to correct this, or figured it was only on two levels in coop mode and it wasn't a big concern at the time. Though I seem to recall the DrugSpy revealing this in solo, as well.

I would vote for a combination of English and Russian phrases. This way, it won't be all of one and none of the other. People will be able to understand a majority, but find it amusing and authentic to hear another language in use. Think of it like when someone is fluent in English, but when they get angry or surprised will return to their native language.

Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Wreck. The compression / space issue sounds like a nightmare.

Wreck wrote:
Though I seem to recall the DrugSpy revealing this in solo, as well.
I'm pretty sure that's true. It's only the arm from the first person perspective that changes.

Wreck wrote:
I would vote for a combination of English and Russian phrases.
Good shout. Best of both worlds.

Trevor wrote:
Dark Reyn wrote:
A few of us are Brits, I don't know about Russians. I presume Trev can do a Scot doing a Russian accent for example...

You mean like Boris (Alan Cumming)? Laughing
Heh. I was actually thinking of Robbie Coltrane. I'll put your name down for both... Wink

Trevor wrote:
What will be needed is a list of phrases from PD and movie, pair off duplicates and then see what else fits.
This list can also have space for the winning voice for each sample for credit
Methinks a new thread beckons...

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Reyn wrote:
I'm pretty sure that's true. It's only the arm from the first person perspective that changes.

Hey, now, the game has lots of hidden flaws, but that ain't one of them! The DrugSpy actually reveals the disguise (and modifying Play As Elvis mid-game) does work!

Also, please make sure generic guard voices stay consistent. There are three male and one female, and Rare mixed up two of them for the disguise dialogues.

Edit: I may have sounded rude. It was 4am when I typed this. Apologies, but it is still accurate.

Last edited by Lazlo52 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@Laslo52 - Anyway to know what can be done about TMWTGG scenario? How does the flag/briefcase object function? Can be able to change the token into a weapon like the Golden Gun? Would it still be able to shoot like a normal weapon?

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thundera8589 wrote:
@Laslo52 - Anyway to know what can be done about TMWTGG scenario? How does the flag/briefcase object function? Can be able to change the token into a weapon like the Golden Gun? Would it still be able to shoot like a normal weapon?

Those questions are beyond the scope of my knowledge. I know the flag/briefcase is technically a weapon, but it's so far down the list, it's missing some vital data. That's all I know with certainty. I'm sorry.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck could you please considering adding a few weapons to increase the replayability? Goldfinger was a huge success. You can make videogame news again with some good multi.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck, it's a shame that as you say human players can not see the disguise worn by another human player. As you say, maybe Rare did not worry too much in those days, I do not know if you can change all this with the editor. It would be interesting if you could make the costume once you wear it can be visible by other human players, this would be interesting for the various game modes that PD and GEX have, for example in Combat Simulator if you play with one or several human players, It would be quite interesting if one of the human players could use a disguise to confuse other human beings by making them believe that you are a friend or enemy, the betrayal factor would increase with people leaving a team or infiltrating another by using a disguise and He ends up shooting people from the same team he infiltrated. logically if this is achieved, the number of costumes will have to increase (at least in Combat Simulator) since human players can know that you can disguise yourself if at least in the game there is a scientist costume and a colonel costume, but if there is several costumes and these work randomly so nobody knows who is who.

On the other hand Wreck, I wanted to ask the GEX team: to modify the GEX rom that I have to do? choose the GEX ROM inside GEedit as if it were a ROM of GE or PD ?. Now I am learning some very basic things about GEedit and I would like to play around a bit to continue learning more. I like GEX as if it were a base rom, because for me it is like GE but with a more advanced engine and with more features. I hope to have the permission of the GEX team if as a result of modifying this rom I get something a little interesting (even if that change is insignificant) and be able to publish it if the case should arise even if it deviates a bit from the GE line, for example get a story or mission of own creation other than GE or GEX. Thank you.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
to modify the GEX rom that I have to do?

It's a PD rom and the editor can open it fine. I did some modification on mine, mostly new heads and it works.

I would also like to see custom missions beeing done in GEX.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dunno where exactly to place this, but I noticed that the Klobb has an unused whip animation when loaded up into the editor.

Would it be possible to add this as a secondary? As it seems like it would be in the same size range as other whipped weapons in the game.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fillerthefreak wrote:
Dunno where exactly to place this, but I noticed that the Klobb has an unused whip animation when loaded up into the editor.

Would it be possible to add this as a secondary? As it seems like it would be in the same size range as other whipped weapons in the game.

That's actually the Mauler's unused pistol whip. There's no animation microcode for it, so room would have to be made or another thing replaced. There's also no function slot for it to play the unique animation.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Klobb was rebuilt using the PD Mauler as its base model. Some of you may already be aware that the Mauler had an unused pistol whip animation. This makes a lot of sense, looking at the weapon design. The front is very sharp, so it could be used almost as a knife. That has the potential to be quite deadly. Since the Klobb is using the same basic information, the whip animation is somewhat right for it. It would require some adjustments to be proper, but I never intended on using that as a function for it. I think we may have also reached our melee weapon limit, setup in a table someplace.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

good info, thanks

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 49 of 64

Jump to: