ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE Models in Source, I guess

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:00 am    Post subject: GE Models in Source, I guess Reply with quote Back to top

I've never really seen anyone attempt to put GE models into Source, mostly because of the vertex shading. While it seems like it would be hard to do within that engine, I've actually found a way to bake vertex shading with textures onto a new UV map. It's not entirely accurate, but it works enough that it could be used for a GE:S skin or something.

I had the idea to make GE, and GF64 sweps (basically, custom in game weapons) for Gmod, but that'll take awhile.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why would you want to?
Source has real-time lighting meaning you can have the gun change shade as you walk up to different light sources. (N64 has this too but its disabled in GE)

Vertex shading in GE was to simulate real lighting without the additional calculations required to use real lighting every frame.

Your either handi-capping a more capable engine OR your will end up with wrong lighting (areas too dark or too light).

Trev

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some models in GE use the vertex shading to colour sections of the model, which becomes somewhat of an issue when your export them without it.

I've also ported the Klobb over as a Gmod Swep based off the GE:S ports for Gmod. The sounds, models, and scripts are pretty accurate, I just edited the stats a bit.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IqBTwQI4AUammMkFOQF8RUxMMKt0WW3r/view

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually did try this long ago, though not with much success in the characters because I suck at rigging for Source, the guns came out well. I also didn't add the smoothing groups to the hands but that was an easy fix.

PP7
PP7 (Silenced)
Ourumov unfinished
Joanna

I wanted to work on this for GE:S to go along my sound mod but my interest went down a bit when I got busy. If you're interested on porting all the guns, I could have them on GE:S in a pack with the sounds and perhaps characters in the future.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Graslu00
Discord: https://discord.gg/tksttVC

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Would definitely be cool to get GE guards and other characters as playermodels and NPC's, no one else has publicly done it yet. Would be very cool!

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I attempted to port the RC-P90 to GE:S, but my rigging skills for source are crap, so it didn't come out well. I'll try to find the screenshot.

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh right, I completely forgot about my RC-P90 lol.

The position wasn't very good but it worked.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Graslu00
Discord: https://discord.gg/tksttVC

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject: Honestly looks really good in source Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly from a vintage/ keep it authentic perspective this actually looks really stunning. I had started extracting and porting perfect dark's deep sea rooms into models and creating custom invisible brushwork to simulate clipping and bullet collisions for an exact port of each level from PD and GE. I ran out of free time to do so but was considering getting back into it or sharing my methods with anyone interested in doing it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: