ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Fixing old Goldeneye hacks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And also the same problem I had in my Complex mission, which was addressed before release. It could either be type, or quite likely the size. When the glass cup in Q-Lab Training was 0100 sized, it would crash the game as soon as it gets broken. When resized to 0180, it was fine. Maybe the model needs to fill up a certain volume of space in order for the glass shards to correctly appear? Should be a very easy fix, now that we know what's happening. Thanks for pointing it out.

In case anyone missed it, ten multi patches were uploaded to Vault. Check the News page for the links.

sfGBCG
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
And also the same problem I had in my Complex mission, which was addressed before release. It could either be type, or quite likely the size. When the glass cup in Q-Lab Training was 0100 sized, it would crash the game as soon as it gets broken. When resized to 0180, it was fine. Maybe the model needs to fill up a certain volume of space in order for the glass shards to correctly appear? Should be a very easy fix, now that we know what's happening. Thanks for pointing it out.

In case anyone missed it, ten multi patches were uploaded to Vault. Check the News page for the links.

No problem. Marvellous work Wreck!

Also I think the Office level could do with some newfound optimization since the lag is quite bad on console.

And Weapon's Warehouse doesn't even have a proper ending, ie. can't complete the level, as far as I know. Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any thing you notice in these custom missions that either crash, cause softlocks (like getting locked out someplace, or not being able to complete an objective), or have no physical ending (you can only abort through the watch), definitely begin listing them. I can pick at them over time.

As for levels with slowdown and lag, that's really a whole other issue. The background itself would require optimizing, which takes quite some time to do. I did do this for Storage Facility, as it is a good little mission, and I really wanted to turn it into a multi map for the Vault Compilation pack.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In the case of Hill Base, does it only crash IF you have planted the mine on the ICBM? Because that reminded me of an issue even in the original GoldenEye, which I decided to make a video of. The mines conflict with the launching action, causing the game to stop dead. This may very well be the same issue, and if so, I don't think there is any fix for it. Other than changing the way you complete the objective, that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w7qc_XvMNQ

Satellite Control Bunker 2 sounds like a collisions flag on a held key, but I would have to look at the setup. If he does drop a key when playing on an emulator, than that should indeed be the reason. Zka has told me that he's working on fixing some things in this mission, and will send the update to SubDrag once it is complete. I plan to add it as the 11th mission in the Vault Compilation Pack.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I should now have both Bottling Room and Streets Multi by BMW finished up. There may still be random crashing on Bottling Room. For some reason I am having trouble with that area of Facility, and ran into the same problem with Facility Baczkzone 1.1 by Abasyou. It runs on console for the most part, but not 100% of the time. In fact, I think I made it worse at one point...

Paradox by TimEh is pretty much done. I did find two clipping issues, though it appears that they existed in his original patch, so I don't think I introduced them. Clipping in GE is most definitely not my specialty. And his map, with all the layers, complicates things even more so. I am probably going to add this to the Vault Compilation Pack once it is ready.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, going to be re-testing all of these today and the list should be updated thereafter.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wait, Hey Wreck, did you go to make a mod with the best mods levels?

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a "greatest hits" Compilation Pack I am putting together, yes. I currently have 11 missions in or planned to import, and 7 multiplayer levels. There is a thread in the Q-Lab forum all about it.

Paradox has been finalized. Figured out the clipping problems, and have not run into anything else yet. I also added two more spawn points, as well as two weapon sets. Only four weapons seemed far too few. Just have to test it again on console to make sure no remaining issues.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice! I gotta say, it would be cool if SubDrag could change the vault so any hacks that are updated are pushed back to the top. It's hard keeping track of different versions of hacks when you don't know they've even been updated. Would make keeping track of what's been updated a whole lot easier. Something like "Hey, these two hacks got bumped up to the top of the list recently better see what was changed so I can test them and update the compatibility thread if need be." type of thing.

Edit: Almond Temple has not been updated yet, download doesn't include the updated patch. All of the other hacks have been updated and I'll give them a go tomorrow.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The following four were updated and sent off today...

Bottling Room, by BMW
Streets Multi, by BMW
Paradox, by TimEh
Solo as Multi, by Abasyou

Bottling Room may still randomly crash on start up. I can not figure out why. It may come down to memory. Also, with the Solo as Multi by Abasyou, the original concern was Control. After I did what I could for it, it does load. However, I had trouble with Dam, so I also tinkered with it. Other edits were made to help improve the overall quality, but I did not open any of the other six maps up in the Editor. I know Runway does crash randomly, but every level will run on console.

Alrighty, I resent the Almond Temple just in case Sub missed it.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Paradox is very dreamy! I recall heartbreak when didn't load on console o.O

I miss CS Pack Crash for sure, the pic and "result" was funny!!!

sfGBCG
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While testing the Solo in Multi 1.1 maps, I've encountered this slight draw distance glitch in Aztec if one player is a little far away:

Same with Depot, the warehouse interior and some parts of the level does not render fully most of the time. It goes back to normal when you're in a random spot. A little annoying but it might have potential hilarity when playing the Depot with your friends maybe? I dunno.

Also it crashed on me when I started the Depot level the first time. I tried again and it's ok. (Maybe I was just unlucky)

Meanwhile, the infamous pink test tube strikes again! This time it crashes Bunker 3 if struck upon.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When portions of the level don't load in multi (I have always referred to these instances as blackouts), it is due to a lack of memory. Many of the mission maps are far more complicated than ones designed for multi, and use way more polygons to build the archeticture. When there isn't enough memory, rooms won't load. You could try boosting the memory, but there is only so much you can use without utilizing the Expansion Pak. Even then, since now more rooms are being drawn, framerate can suffer. That's why some mods make an attempt at optimizing these solo mission maps. It improves performance by reducing cosmetic details and other colouring / shading effects.

I imagine any level in the Solo as Multis pack could crash. I know Runway can. But they should all run given enough attempts.

Those glass test tubes sure are sneaky buggers. Razz
Good find.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just updated the list after playing all the fixed hacks, it's so much nicer having all that nice green color without the random oranges being an eyesore.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to see you had a chance to test them all out and verify that they do work. Certain maps may crash, seemingly at random, but will eventually run. The bigger packs of levels are more likely to fail once in a while, mainly due to complexity in backgrounds and memory.

Both versions of Compound are done, really. I guess the original level had issues where you can shoot through some architecture, which E-S attempted to correct by hiding objects inside floors. It doesn't seem to be helping, so I need to look into it further.

Facility Backzone 1.1 is another one that is still crashing randomly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 10 of 18

Jump to: