ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dillonEh
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How about a secondary function for hand grenades where you don't pull the pin before throwing it? That way you can throw it somewhere and then shoot at it when an enemy walks by. Not sure if they should be able to be picked up again, but that could be useful for giving grenades to teammates, or for the challenge of having to shoot the grenade before the enemy gets close enough to pick it up.

On the topic of pointless secondary functions, TWINE had "burst fire" or "single shot" for most of its automatic weapons. That would be a nice way to take advantage of PD's feature without overpowering any of the guns.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE / PD already kind of have the option of burst and single on weapons. Tapping fire on a rapid fire gun shoots once, while holding is rapid. On burst rifles, tapping once sends out three bullets, but holding the aim button will limit fire to only one round. So I am not sure if we really need fire mode functions on them or not.

I have some different ideas for a secondary hand grenade function, but have yet to test them. I had also thought maybe a longer timer function on timed mines, which could confuse your human opponents. Thinking it has not exploded yet, it may have been a dud. Running past it, it goes off. Bond did have the option of setting the timer on his mines in the film, after all.

Not sure whether or not we can still support crossbow-like weapons, as we have moved around weapons, and some things are either ID hardcoded (which can usually be altered), or within a table (which can become a problem). I did think a speargun would be good in a Tomorrow Never Dies inspired mod.

Reflectionist
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always wondered why the secondary function of the Falcon wasn't a silencer. That seems a fairly obvious switch-up, and has gameplay implications.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really like Thundera8589's ideas of having Scaramanga in the duel 'missions' (they weren't missions, let's be honest!), it's a *fantastic* idea. Just you (Bond) versus Scaramanga in the progressively harder skill level duels would be very good, and very in keeping with the theme of Goldeneye X. And the unused music would be great to have in there, too.

But I'd say give Scaramanga the one-hit-kill golden gun, and Bond just his PP7, no other pickups on the map. Maybe not even PP7 ammunition, so Bond is limited to the amount of bullets that he starts with. The cloak is an interesting idea for Scaramange on the highest skill level, but I'm not sure it would be fun to play against.

kandriod
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Single player improvements Reply with quote Back to top

You could add a hidden guide to the floor tiles in egyptian somewhere in the level so its not just guessing for blind players. Also maybe put a ladder in the pit in the second room of aztec to replace the wall climb glitch in the original level.

xbasedexe
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Surface multiplayer level but with the hoverbikes >.<

*sniff*
wadiyatalkinabeet?

kandriod
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What if there was a classic reload option so the game could have the speed of original GEs combat?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21

Jump to: