ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Fixing old Goldeneye hacks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Huh, the floor objects aren't blocking bullets? I remember testing them pretty thoroughly back in the day and they worked well enough, but that was like 10 years ago and I do remember plenty of spots you could still shoot through. Being objects you can always shoot through them with penetrating weapons like the AR33 and Magnum of course, but normal weapons should be blocked just fine.

Regardless, if they don't work on console or just don't work as well as I remember, it's perfectly okay. The map was designed before I really understood the engine's quirks, some issues with it are probably impossible to truly fix without a complete remake of the level. I'm just glad it was worth the time already spent on it!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to repatch with your original and make sure it wasn't something I had done during the editing process. I do have a couple of ideas to try, should the issue remain. One has to do with clipping, another is background related. But I will need to try and determine all the areas where this occurs.

Good thing you mention about penetrating weapons. If the bulletproof flag is set, than at least only the Magnum and Silver PP7 should be able to get through. It will stop the AR33, RC-P90 and Laser, which is helpful.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, yeah. Even the original patch is doing the same thing. When up on the roof, you can fire through the second floor walkways through the glass ceiling. Also, when in the basement, can shoot through parts of the ceiling and have the bullets travel into other rooms. The wooden crates don't seem to have any effect here. It's quite strange, to say the least.

I just fixed up "Caves Control" (which is what it should definitely be called from now on, to avoid any confusion) by 00Dark. Main reason was the monitor rack object using 03 Standard type, rather than its own special 0C Hanging Monitor Rack type. Game would definitely crash when attempting to render it on screen. Updated some other stuff, which will be detailed in the readme file.

Now, I have a favour to ask of anyone here who can do it. I am having issues patching the "Dish Destruction" level. If someone can successfully patch it, test to make sure that the map does indeed load on an emulator, then generate a new Xdelta patch to send my way, that would be excellent. Hopefully I can sort it out from there.

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I try anything to do with Basement or Egyptian on the ROM with the patch, I will get errors to do with 1172/1173/1F8B0800 Compression, as if something is missing. Every other Multi setup loads and runs except these two. Egyptian does not load in SP as well. Searching how to fix this only brought up two threads, one about a compress/decompress for any Rare game that Sub released on the RWP and the other about someone asking about the same error but for Perfect Dark.

https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9016
http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=7235&sid=d8369a59c0b8ff85580e9e5a853299e8

to be more specific on the problem, attempting to export Tbg_cryp_all_p_stanZ will result in the error of Not 1173/1173/1F8B0800 Compressed. There is a size difference between this file and the original one inside a normal goldeneye rom by 0xCF4 if that's ever important. The same error occurs when you try and export Ump_setupimpZ (basement) too, size difference of 0x1484. It also occurs on a Byteflipped rom. Hitting recompress all files throws the same error too.

EDIT: wow, I've almost been on this forum for a decade

EDIT2: Importing any of the files related to Egypt and Basement (not including those that wouldn't save) load file in the editor and show both Egypt and Basement's backgrounds etc. I don't know what level this was supposed to replace in MP.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for testing it out. I ran into the same issues with Basement and Egypt. I thought maybe the patch was originally created on a different GE ROM, or something was modified enough on his so that it doesn't patch correctly to the standard ROM we always use. Until, at the absolute least, the setup file can be extracted, this map is stuck in the dark.

Oh, I also am making progress on the "New Levels" pack. The Streets map is loading now, but Facility is still crashing. I have a few ideas to try. I may quickly fix up some other elements that act up on console, such as monitor flicker and missing door bitflags, on the other levels.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just a quick question to The Renegadist...
With the Solo in Multis (GoldenEye Legends) pack, are all the faulty levels in the second patch? It sounds like there are two separate patches included, and it reads like those failing on console are part of the second one. Is this correct? (Ack, after looking in the unzipped folder, there are four patches?! Somebody will need to steer me in the right direction as to what fails where.)

By the way, my Blood Patch should be fine. It is designed to only modify data within the 21990 file and nothing else. Any possible crashing would be caused by the user. I have a video on my YouTube channel of Facility being played on console, with no issues.

Edit: Just finished up with the New Levels pack. All maps run, though it is possible an occasional crash could still occur. These packs can be tricky. I tweaked some other things, which will be listed in the readme. I did not add barriers to any other levels with empty doorways or halls looking out into the abyss. Just for Facility and Streets, as I needed to edit them in Visual mode. If anyone else cares enough about it than they can always include them later. It probably shouldn't affect gameplay, but it is a cosmetic annoyance.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had no problems dish destruction - did you do it as ips? It's not xdelta, heh, it's ips.
Here's an ips anyways:
http://goldeneyevault.com/priv/GEDishDestruction.xdelta

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
I had no problems dish destruction - did you do it as ips? It's not xdelta, heh, it's ips.
Here's an ips anyways:
http://goldeneyevault.com/priv/GEDishDestruction.xdelta

Yeah I applied it as an IPS using the latest beta. Maybe there is an issue with my ROM or the IPS patcher on the latest beta?

EDIT: or the patch itself?

Last edited by HackBond on Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's what I used too heh.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's an issue with the patch itself, tested your xdelta and the same thing occurs.

https://streamable.com/69qmz

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't seem to get it working, I have to pull it. File table seems corrupt, so probably patch generated alas from bad rom. It seems like it would've replaced Basement.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll go back and re-test the Goldeneye Legends pack today and write down exactly what issues I'm having since I was pretty vague.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So Dish Destruction was a bad patch, and has been removed from the Vault database? If so, than I guess that's one more off the list. Could also be taken off The Renegadists list.

Once you do determine what all fails in that map pack, please post the levels, as well as how they crashed. While attempting to load, or during gameplay, can help narrow it down.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just fired off three more to SubDrag...

Caves Control, by 00Dark
Facility Backzone 1.1, by Abasyou
New Levels, by Phillies037

My suggestion for any level which may randomly crash on console: When you first start the game, go straight into the multiplayer menu, select that specific map, and let it begin. Don't change any settings or characters. If it loads fine for you, exit, set the match up to your liking, and try it again. This seems like it can be helpful at times.

That leaves the following...
Cargo Ship, by Eternally Aries [Memory Related?]
Compound, by Entropy Soldier [Floor/Ceiling Firing Through?]
Solo in Multis (GoldenEye Legends), by MultiplayerX [Require Specifics]

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, here's a rundown of Solo In Multis (GoldenEye Legends):

Dam - Works - Medium to Major lag when outside on the Dam and rendering issues towards the Solo start of the level
Facility - Issues - Crashes when player health reaches zero after triggering any gas leaks (Trash cans or the bottle tanks)
Runway - Works - No detectable issues
Surface I - Works - Major lag on all parts of the map
Bunker I - Works - No Detectable issues
Silo - Works - No Detectable issues
Frigate - Works - No Detectable issues
Surface II - Works - Major lag on all parts of the map
Bunker II - Works - Glass decal issues as well as HUD ammo icon/mine/grenade issues
Statue - Works - Rendering issues towards the end of the level
Archives - Works - Few minor rendering issues
Streets - Issues - Crashes toward the middle of the map, starting from the beginning it crashes a ways in after the sky bridge and starting from the end it crashes a ways in after the two white cars you pass by
Depot - Works - Medium to Major lag
Train - Works - No Detectable issues
Jungle - Works - When shooting a rocket at a pile of rockets on the ground it causes there to be infinite explosions meaning infinite screen shaking and your rockets won't work anymore (Shoot but won't explode)
Control - Works - Minor to Medium lag in certain parts
Caverns - Works - No Detectable issues
Cradle - Works - Minor lag throughout the level
Aztec - Works - Rendering issues throughout the level
Egyptian - Works - No Detectable issues
Cuba - Crashes on level start
Citadel - Works - No Detectable issues

Bonus Patch: Columbia - Works - Minor lag
Bonus Patch: Cuba - Issues - Crashes on level start
(Note: I didn't check any of the other normal multiplayer levels in the bonus patches besides Citadel, it's to be expected that they work the same as above.)

I'll wait to update the info for the hack in the list until everything is fixed since there's so much at work here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 11 of 18

Jump to: