ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Terrorist Face Replacement with Orange Tint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avast: Magical Biohazard
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:07 am    Post subject: Terrorist Face Replacement with Orange Tint Reply with quote Back to top

I've tried to replace the Terrorist's face with the gasmask grunts' face from Half-Life. Everything works, expect for that the face has a orange tint (just like how the terrorists in-game have brighter orange faces than the .bmp would suggest)

https://i.imgur.com/sWXIYEx.png

Also, there are some minor graphical glitches when playing the level, such as the russian olive drab guards glitching out in all sorts of textures and the KF7 ammo icon missing, replaced by some disorganised pixels.

Is this unchangable? I've tried making the face texture greyscale when replacing, but had no success there.

At least I'm experienced with Hammer.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The balaclava (terrorist head) most likely uses an orange shading in the model. You may need to open it in the Model Editor menu of the GE Editor program, and look at it in the Visual window. If you right-click on the loaded model then, you can choose to view the data for the currently selected polygon. The coordinates, texture application positioning, and the RGBA colour / shading values, will all show. Simply go through the model and recolour it to better suit your vision. Some heads have near and far models, so be aware of that. Then you should be able to export it updated for use in game. Someone else may be able to walk you through the steps with greater detail.

As for textures gltching out in your mission, that would be memory related. You can adjust that in the Game Configurations menu (21990 file) under Stage Options. You pick the level you are replacing / modifying, and you will see an area devoted to memory to the mid left area of the menu. "-mt" is what controls texture memory, so you can try increasing that by, let's say 50, at a time. However, consider how much variety you are using. Props and characters all require images to be loaded into RAM. Reusing as many boxes / crates as possible is one way to help, limiting the number of unique characters is huge, and things like vehicles eat up a lot of textures, so be cautious with them.

You can use an Expansion Pak patch to allow GoldenEye to use more memory, though I myself have not yet attempted this. Goldfinger 64 is a prime example of what the extension can allow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: