ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

MIDI: Indicating time offsets to set correct looping area?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.JaceLeon.
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: MIDI: Indicating time offsets to set correct looping area? Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings, I'm fairly new in the GoldenEye modding community and working with midi. I've been quite engaged with my productions thus far. One of the thoughts that have aroused curiosity in mind has been indicating time offsets to set specific loop times for midis. So to give you an idea of what I'm looking for would be an example like: the original GoldenEye's Facility midi looping. Where it doesn't seem to end completely and it seems to be looping in specific points of the midi. So far the midis I've done have only been set to play all the way through the end then looping back to the start once the midi reaches endpoint. This was after I had found out the loop midi option under the model detail menu in the 21990 configuration.

Of course, I've been getting a hang of the GoldenEye editor a little bit with a help of a few fellow friends. However, I've been wanting to change my pace and experience a bit. I'm not so sure what other things I've overlooked or missed in terms of knowledge I have with the editor. But I was wondering if there's such an interface in the editor where I can accomplish this? As I said before, I am very new to the editor and modding community. So I apologize if at any case there's some confusion on my part.

Thanks.
Check out my personal GoldenEye64 midis and also remastered midis, as well as playthroughs here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCihR44o5i_dd7mZ1iSiqow

And alternate gaming YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAeVlvx-LmmsYnzr-Pisj3g
==============================

Last edited by .JaceLeon. on Fri May 11, 2018 8:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

.JaceLeon.
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Update: Found part of the solution to my question. Reply with quote Back to top

EDITED: (Please bear with me if you are aware of these things already)

After a lot of searching and exploring through the editor's interface. I think I have managed to find a way to search through the midi for the time offsets. In the GoldenEye Editor there was a menu under the drop down 'Tools' that led to 'Extra tools' > 'MIDI Tools' > 'Parse mid to text file'. Which allowed me to open up a text file of the midi data. I was able to see the number of tracks, the track's offsets, Abs, delta time,and note numbers, velocity. I'm going to try and see how I can interpret this as I'm not too familiar with reading Midis being parsed(actually its the first time).

Also, I have discovered there is a 'Loop Point' option in 21990 under the model details menu. Where you can put down the (time offset?) with the midi in order to get the correct loop time. Which can be inputed in either decimal notation or hexadecimal.

If anyone has any references, suggestions, guides, or tips for this type of stuff, then I would love the help! I'm trying my best to improve my Midi production in order to make other people's mods a lot better in the long foreseeable future.

And Please correct me on anything that I may have said incorrectly. As I said, I'm very very new to this, I'm learning things. And perhaps maybe there might be easier methods to doing these things.

Thanks again!
Check out my personal GoldenEye64 midis and also remastered midis, as well as playthroughs here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCihR44o5i_dd7mZ1iSiqow

And alternate gaming YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAeVlvx-LmmsYnzr-Pisj3g
==============================

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: