ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Man..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Man.. Reply with quote Back to top

Ah crap.. my comp is so dam... crap.. I don't know if 1964 will work.. I mean, it's win98, it has 800x600 screen resolutions.. but only 16 colors, and i don't know what video card I have! Will it work on my comp?

DELETED

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

freakin hell.

How do you format C drive?

I want to delete win98 and reinstall 95. Then i can get the good drivers, then upgrade to 98 again.

XP won't work on my comp, and vista costs 170+, I would be mad to buy it, no matter how good it is.

DELETED

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you only have 16 colors available, then you most likely don't have the proper drivers installed for your video card.

Go to control panel -> system -> hardware -> device manager and see if there are any yellow question marks or red exclamation points next to any of your hardware drivers.

If you have internet access AND an older computer, you might be able to find a graphics driver simply by searching "windows update" when you go to reinstall your driver.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Minimum specs should be somewhere around:
win98
directX3D capable card
directX6+ (just use older plugins)
64MB ram (though you'll need more if you honestly want to *play* them)

There are openGL equivalents as well. If windows update can't find a driver, chances are you can find one on the net. Look for the thing in device manager and jot down the name.

Otherwise, if you really do have an exceptionally old card (my win311 machine sure did) you can usually find older stuff that's still compatable on the cheap. (as in ~$5-10 american)

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Scorpion wrote:
Ryani wrote:
freakin hell.

How do you format C drive?

I want to delete win98 and reinstall 95. Then i can get the good drivers, then upgrade to 98 again.

XP won't work on my comp, and vista costs 170+, I would be mad to buy it, no matter how good it is.

What kind of computer do you have? Not one those older types right mate?

Its either 12 or 7 years old.

DELETED

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="zoinkity"]
There are openGL equivalents as well. If windows update can't find a driver, chances are you can find one on the net. Look for the thing in device manager and jot down the name.
quote]

What thing? Standard Graphics PCI adapter on VGA 800x600 @75 hz.

Oh, I have exactly 64 MB RAM.

The Extremist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ryani wrote:

You don't need to do all that. You can just copy the drivers from the Windows 95 CD onto your HD.

I recommend getting Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4. It's the best Windows experience.

Also, I'm not sure if your PC has the minimum emulator requirements or not, but the performance will probably be quite poor unless you exceed the minimum by a fair amount.

P.S. 300th post. Oh yay!

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I truly am sorry for the insane necro 11 years later but I dug this up and I can't stop laughing so I think it's worth the reprimand.

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

...you actually considered vista for 64mb ram (lol)

Vista needed 1GB Min (still wasn't happy at 4GB).

I had 2 98 machines I ran 1964 on, first was a 500Mhz P3 64MB and 1964 ran quite poorly, Ultrahle2064 ran well.
second was my last one and was 2.4Ghz P4 2GB and it ran fine.

I can only imagine yours to be a 233Mhz P2 which would be equivelant to my laptop and it can only run UltraHLE2064, its too slow for anything else.

Trev

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, that computer is long gone. I had no idea what I was talking about, and I wouldn't up to about last year when i built my own.

Reading back though, I'm very pleased with how far the emulator came, and the fact I can now play it at 60fps with keyboard and mouse.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: