ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

see through rail texture problem GE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Sketch
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: see through rail texture problem GE Reply with quote Back to top

hi im having an issue with my see through texture where im only able to get the texture to be transparent from one side. i have my roompositions.txt file how it should by replacing null.bin to roomindices201.bin. im assuming im coding roomindices201.bin wrong within the hex editor. here is what my code looks like.

I would greatly appreciate anyone willing to help a friend out! Cool

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried setting the triangles to secondary in visual editor?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the message board, Mr. Sketch!
Always great to see someone new around here with a passion for GE / PD modding. New levels and models are certainly exciting, and I look forward to seeing what you have come up with. Smile

Setting the railings as secondary display list type will not only allow the transparency to function properly (with the right settings), but will also let bullets and projectiles pass through them.

Mr. Sketch
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for the late reply have been busy. I tried setting the triangles to secondary as shown in the photo you sent Siul but I still am having the same issue. Confused Thanks Wreck! I'm new to mapping for GE and this texture issue seems to be my only problem as of right now. I'm really interested in mapping for ge. Once I solve my problem I plan mapping all the time. Thank you both for the help!!!!!! Very Happy

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps you can open a level from GoldenEye with the same or similar texture in it, go into Visual, in Edit Rooms mode, right-click on said texture, and go to the "replace texture" option from the list (may have different name). That way, you can see what settings are applied to the image. Might have to click a button to show advanced options in that menu. I would screenprint the menu into Paint / Photoshop, and then start editing your level. I'd hold CTRL and select all of your same images in a room, and apply those settings to match. Hopefully that fixes it.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rename the texture to SpikeFrence-054D_transparent.bmp, import as Room##_secondary.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Your render mode - B900031D command, is off. Not sure why, it looks like the object variation. You should let the editor handle it on import, as Pavarini suggested, by naming the texture with Transparent in the name and importing from obj/fbx. The correct render mode is: B900031D C81049D8

Yours is the object version, so I think that's why seeing the oddity. TimEh's tutorial is out of date, if you were using that, no hex edits are necessary any more, editor can handle it.

Mr. Sketch
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

you all are awesome! I reexported the obj file through xsi with transparent added to SpikeFence-054D, imported it into goldeneye editor, set triangles to secondary but still had my same issue. I had to still use hex editor and use the code SubDrag had provided, exported bgfile, injected project into rom and it worked! so is fbx better than obj? I did follow TimEh's tutorial and couldnt find any up to date tutorials (unless im blind) It would be great to do everything within Goldeneeye Editor (which i am still new to) and not have to use the hex editor to get this to work because im all about being efficient haha who isnt?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You'll want to group your secondary stuff before import. Then apply Transparent to the texture name or material name.

Your rooms are split up like:
Room01_primary
Room01_secondary
Room02_primary
Room02_secondary

etc (hex 2 digit room numbers, in order, starting at 01).

It should import properly if is secondary and Transparent in obj/fbx (add CullBoth to material name or bitmap name if want it double-sided). The FBX is only better if you already did vertice shading, otherwise doesn't matter.

If you didn't do it in obj/fbx, when you move the geometry to secondary, you probably had to right click on triangle, Replace Triangle/Group Texture/Details, and then turn off advanced mode, set Transparent on, uncheck Cull Back so is both sides, and also uncheck "Current Triangles Only" (if want to do all railings of same texture). I'm guessing since was originally primary, it maintained some displaylist stuff you didn't want.

I don't think there has been a tutorial in a while.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: