ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Request: All Bonds Head + Body Combine...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject: Request: All Bonds Head + Body Combine... Reply with quote Back to top

As some may be aware, I am still putting together a Compilation Pack for GoldenEye, using various things released on the Vault website. I would like to include the older Bond actors in multiplayer, but I am needing to be cautious on how much I am replacing. So, rather than putting both the body and head files in individually (that's six for Dalton, Moore and Connery, or eight if you also include Lazenby), it would cut it in half. I haven't looked into this process myself, but I figure someone like SubDrag or Pavarini might be able to pull this off. Here is the download page for the All Bonds patch...

http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=266

Note: Dalton, Moore and Lazenby use the same base model suit as DJBond, but Connery uses the blue dress suit Bond body.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Strange, I'm only able to view the LOD heads with the model viewer. Is this a bug?

Edit: Yes it is. Clicking edit whole model for head 42 (Dalton) will only load the LOD, but if I turn off tree view and select the first DL then click 'edit in visual', I'm able to view the head. Very odd...

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's a combo box to view hi, lo or both.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Setting to hires and clicking edit whole visual window doesn't do anything. The visual scene is empty.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try both, some models have multiple distances and if just picks lowest and highest I think.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Low/Both: LOD head loaded in scene.
High: Nothing loaded in scene.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe check the tree, could there be mistakes? Or regular head inside lod one so can't see it?

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it is empty inside the LOD heads, the tree looks like this.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What are the distance values? The extra unused one may have something invalid or weird distance that maybe makes it abort tree early. It has no child and I think distance is supposed to have always a child. . I'd delete that thing.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm unable to delete that dist trigger, deleting anything else in the tree crashes the editor. It's strange, the tree shows 3 dist triggers but when not viewing in tree mode there are only 2 dist triggers.

This is what it looks like when viewing the model in list mode.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a feeling there's something corrupt, like the next, prev are messed.

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

child for dist 00 is missing

also LOD = Level of detail, you should prefix it with the level being talked about - usually L = low, M = Medium, H = High ( I havnt seen examples of more than 3 levels but if there were you would start using numbers like 1LOD or 4LOD)

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All the other actor Bond heads should be based on the 4E Brosnan head used with his tuxedo. I wonder if something in the model files is messed up, yet apparently runs alright on console and emulators? I'll take a look today.

I've also actually finally gotten around to fixing up the lower legs on the DJBond body model. If you look at them up close, you'll clearly see the texture is completely stretched out. Funny enough, not only does this same issue occur on the Perfect Dark version of the same body, but similarly the upper legs on both Dalton and Moore have stretched out textures. My fix is not 100% perfect, but a definite improvement over the original. It can be reused for the other three black tuxedos, as the data is identical.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I may have found the problem inside the model file. One of the pointers seemed to be going to the wrong spot for each of the custom Bond heads. If you open the files in a Hex Editor and go to 0x004C, you will see it goes to "0500005C" , when it should be going to "05000050" instead. If you make that change to each of the Bond heads, hopefully it will correct the issue with the Model Editor.

If this does help, I should redo the patch with the edit, as well as with the tuxedo leg update.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sending off a new patch to SubDrag to replace on Vault for the All Bonds mod. It should fix the issue in the head files, as well as improve the lower legs on each of the black tuxedo bodies. I checked on console and they really do look nicer. Also, I noticed the lo-poly Lazenby head looked funny, so I quickly edited the U/Vs in Visual to get it somewhat better.

So if anyone is attempting to combine the body + head into one full file, please do hold off until the new patch has been uploaded, so that the improvements will be included.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: