ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Custom Mission Compilation...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've updated every level to use new photos, to give them all a fresh appearance in the menu folders. It seems I am going to be using more unique level images than the original GoldenEye had (since multiplayer reused a few from missions, and even Basement / Stack shared the same one as Library), so hopefully I won't run into memory issues that can't be fixed.

Attempting to import the custom song for Pheonarx's Fallout mission has been proving troublesome. Every time I do so, no matter the track number I replace, the game freezes when the level begins. I noticed that the size of the song after being imported is not matching his original ROM, so something is going bad as I export it from there and import it into mine. Now, I am currently using a very out of date Editor on my older PC to do this stuff, which could be the issue. However, if someone else can try this out for themself and let me know what happens, that would be helpful.

I am aiming for a July-ish release date for the first version of this Compilation Pack. It currently has 10 missions (an 11th pending on author updates), and 7 multiplayer maps. I might see about some other goodies, but I need to be cautious with what I put in / replace, since it is easy to change something used by another mission - as these were all made separately by different authors (though some authors do have two contributions).

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been updating the Fallout mission, and am nearly finished with it. However, I am having issues with the helicopter. Mainly for when it flies off during the outro. For some reason, it is facing a different angle. I've moved the chopper to a hidden location, so it won't show until you have contacted the pilot (in case that door opens or you use cheat to walk through it), and also fixed the bounding box issues that often occur with helicopters. So it moves to the helipad area fine, blades spin, you wait until the engine heats up, then you approach it to leave, as usual. But, the chopper has turned around, facing toward the back corner mountains, when it flies away in the outro. I think even putting in Pheonarx original setup does the same thing to me. Any idea what's gone wrong? Was it an animation edit in his, or the fact I am using a level ID other than Runway? I am in Frigate, if that helps.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, so I just ran a quick test. I put the original setup file for Fallout (only with updated text bank IDs) over Frigate in the patched ROM. While the Runway slot helicopter was perfect, as soon as I contacted the pilot (triggering an animation) in the Frigate slot, the chopper rotated to a different angle. So this must mean some sort of hardcoding for helicopter animations based on level / slot ID?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's weird. I wonder what triggers that. I'll have to look. It happens in regular frigate too if moved to another slot?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure. I know something weird happens with the bounding box / collisions on helicopters, usually if you are using an animation. You can clearly see this in Fallout, and in SPECTRE Island. Without the animation in use, the choppers should be fine. However, you need to set In Air and rotate upward to give the Pirate helicopter the proper angle that the animation gives it (this is how I fixed the mirrored Frigate). Once you try to give them an animation to fly off, they rotate to face a different direction. I am wondering if some ID hardcode affects this someway.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just tried using the Statue slot this time, and the helicopter faces yet another direction! Instead of looking at the back left corner, like Frigate, it angles to the back right corner. I know all three of these mission IDs (Runway, Frigate and Statue) include a 28 Aircraft type, so I should also try one that doesn't. This is very odd.

Edit: So the Egypt slot seems fine. Appears to face same angle as original Fallout in Runway slot.

I think only Surface ii and Cradle have 28 types left to try.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Seems like aircraft animations are hardcoded to a rotation for those stages.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Surface ii and Cradle also appear fine. At the very least, Frigate and Statue are rotating the helicopters differently than the other stages I have tested on.

Another interesting thing to note, is that the helicopter is actually becoming bigger in size once an animation (or maybe could be rotor speed) is applied to it. It's very obvious if you look at the chopper prior to using the radio (walk through props = 800364CB 0000), and see it again after contacting the pilot in Fallout. Screen captures can help compare, if you don't spot it right away.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think moving objects changes scale to the preset it's moved to... I'm unsure if this is the same with non-27 object aircrafts.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK yep...you're right...it is hardcoded, and hardcoded only with animation 1:
Check for Stage id 16 (Statue Park)
7F047F38 16
7F047F70 1A

In ROM that is
7CA6B and 7CAA3

I'll add to editor when get a moment. Added to beta, Stage Select.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent! I changed those IDs both to unused ones, and now Fallout is working correctly. Even with the proper bounding box on the chopper, so no more weirdness walking around and through it. Thanks for the quick work, Sub! Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Decided that I should be adding Citadel to multiplayer, since it borders on an original GoldenEye map, but required work to actually run. I've left it at the original scale, as right now there aren't any "tall" characters (like Jaws) who could get their heads poking out through low ceilings. I suppose this will make it feel a little different from the version we're all so used to, since Zoinkity had increased the scale all those years ago.

Also, I have uploaded a preview video of the Escape mission (still seeing some tweaking) from the Vault Compilation pack. Since this video was recorded, I have already replaced the level select images, put the armour back up on the General to his original amount, added two new intro camera scenes, and included a bonus ending scene of the control room blowing up. Just a way to add more polish to these already great custom maps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRSlNUbi8xM

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Small update...

I have increased the character limit and extended the multiplayer roster. It now contains all of the originals, plus each variation of Bond, Natalya and Trevelyan from the mission campaign, as well as the three unused beta civilians, and all four other Bond actors (no Craig).

I've also managed to get the Sniper + Rocket Launcher cheat that was in the Japanese version of the game to work. It replaces the Magnum, Laser and Golden Gun cheats (due to its size). But don't worry, all those previous single weapon cheats will be replaced by the much more useful "Extra Weapons" cheat, which gives you all five special weapons together. I am also tinkering around with cheat editing, so there could be some fun new things to try out.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another new cheat option I managed to get working: Bond Phase...

So, just what in the world is Bond Phase? Well, many of you may be familiar with an old GameShark code we typically called "Walk Through Doors" (800364CB 0000). It allowed the player to pass through any prop model within a level, including doors, crates, tables, and even other characters. Well, inside the text file for the cheats, is one called Bond Phase. This, however, was not setup. I was able to mimic what Rare did with the Bond Invisible cheat, and allow it to work as originally planned. Turning on the cheat will have it activated for both solo and multiplayer. Also, you can even use a button code sequence to toggle it on / off during the game. I was quite surprised that I got it to function properly.

As well, I've modified the DK Mode cheat into "Tiny Characters". Instead of everyone having large heads and long arms, they are now very small in size. If you use the Tiny Bond cheat along with it, you'll be pretty much the same height as the average guard. Enemies who are stationed behind a crate won't even be able to see over it anymore!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

More fun with cheat options!

First of all, courtesy of Zoinkity, is the "No Body Armor" cheat. This tests to see if a certain cheat is activated, and if so, basically prevents all body armour objects from loading into a level. It works in both missions and multiplayer. I did it a tiny bit different than his original, but very close. It does say "no body armor" when the level begins, as well.

The other, also dealing with making things more difficult, is currently called "Instant Death". To put it simply, if you take any damage whatsoever with this cheat in use, you will be seeing red pouring down the screen. Yes, even a single shot from a Klobb is enough to prematurely end your mission. This even includes Drone Gun fire, which is something the LTK/DLTK settings does not affect. It's going to make for quite a test....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: