ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

PD TWINE gun ports
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, same P2K from screens at top of post.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Argh, ok, it's crashing when add the textures. Nothing to do with the models or template mode really. I guess it's time to try and see if I can somehow figure out why that is (what compressed file is doing it...)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK I found the bad file - 1180E0. Even though it had 0xB00 of space, it only allowed for 0xAFE size, or if you went over it wouldn't boot on load. I optimized the file, and set the max size correctly, and now we're in business.

If everyone can please grab latest beta. Siul your model templates seemed to work (The template format did not change in latest beta) and are pretty cool.

There's something off on Bond head, but I think it's the model, not the template mode. In multi, the head doesn't show up when you switch to it, but does show up on body - ah yes. It's the bounding box. It's messed up. When you fix that, it shows up fine. Also, for some reason Bond is female, in 39850...but seems part of your Template and not import issue.

We need a little more testing to confirm things, before submitting these to web site, but if everyone can test a little more, I think we'll be fine.

Also, once you get latest beta. If you ever now, have the compression issue (fail on bootup), and you did not get a "file too big" error, please post the patch, so I can see if there are any other files suffering the same issue.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just curious about these two file optimizations. How do they come into effect? Is there something you need to do for the changes to be made? Also, I would guess that nothing special for GE-X was done to either of those files that may conflict with these optimizations? I know plenty of other files have had minor to bigger edits made to them.

This may also help AL64 in his custom ROM as well, right? As he has been adding new images to end, and running into issues.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I checked before doing them that it does not conflict with GE:X. It's automatically applied any time it writes to those files.

If anyone adds images and it still crashes on boot, please let me know so I can troubleshoot more too big files (basically was 0xB00 between files, but if you went over 0xAFE it would decompress wrong).

56FE0 Was kind of improving logic, removing redundant stuff.
153000 I nulled out the first 0x80 bytes (debug stuff)
1180E0 Changed some Store bytes of 0 to be SW (it wrote to all the spots, just out of order)

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, good. The only one of those in my notes is 153000, which I guess we nulled out from 0x9EC to 0xA74 for the "end animation table" that I assume was weapon related.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did anyone get to try this mode? Just want to make sure the format is solid before we start having people generate and post them.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tested it briefly, it worked but I had to delete debug and save my ROM first. Importing a template to a original ROM had some compression issues. Same issue for GE.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you tell me what file you had compression issues for and with what template? I'll see if it can be improved.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't remember, I think it was for first person weapons. I haven't encounter the issue recently so maybe it was fixed.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't had a chance just yet, but will try this weekend.

I am not surprised about the ROM needing to have debug data / Japanese text removed first, as even the 21990 game configuration menu brings up the same warning after replacing a file or two on an unmodified ROM. No biggie. Do those options exist in the Edit Models menu?

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The window does have a delete debug button - I feel debug data should be automatically deleted for new, unmodified ROMs to prevent the issue (if it still happens).

xbasedexe
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heya, how did you port the model correctly? Because when I try to make something like a silenced klobb, it's like it glitches out. I'll pm you the bug/glitch.

*sniff*
wadiyatalkinabeet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: