ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Cheats: Unlocking, Uses & More...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome. Great to see they were already documented and now part of the cheats menu.

I updated the list and also found the mission to complete in order to unlock the bonus characters...

4688F: Level to Complete for Additional MP Characters (0x11)

So now you could give them out earlier, or assign them to whichever your final level might be in a custom campaign.

One thing I did notice under the "Cheat ID Hardcodes" section is for the Magnum, Laser and Golden Gun. Those selection boxes should actually be for the mission, and not the cheat. They set the number of the mission (0x11 Cradle, 0x12 Aztec, 0x13 Egypt). Other than that, so far it is looking good. And the Extra Weapons ammo is also all fixed up.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Weird coincidence? that the cheat ids and the levels are the same numbers. Should be updated now and fixed - Cuba stage is on Stage Options though, next to other Cubas.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pavarini wrote:
Wreck wrote:
Then there is Invisible Multi... Which would need to be altered so respawned players remain invisible.

Replacing 7F080AA0 with a conditional branch if cheat is active will work. You can test this by setting B55D0 to 00000000 (nop).

I just gave this a try, and had strange results. First, I don't even need to activate the cheat in order for the players to be invisible. However, they are completely invisible (no ghost-like effect), and will become visible after respawning. It would be really great to get this setup to work properly, so while the cheat is turned on, the players will remain invisible at all times. [remember, I don't know how to write any of this ASM code, or know what the commands mean...]

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It would require more than noping a branch, but that was just to test the concept. Maybe players are only visible when they are firing, could be a neat idea.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So I looked up the Japanese Sniper Rocket cheat, which replaces the 2x Hunting Knife cheat. I found the spot, and would like to try and get it to work on the NTSC version of the game.

Location in JPN: C7988
It is listed as 0x80 long in the cheats, but I think only 0x64 is actually used? I tried nulling out the remainder, and it didn't appear to impact the game that I could tell.

There is a pointer to RAM, which I did try to convert (8005 8500 JPN -> 8005 84D0 NTSC). That's where it looks like it is going (800484D0), but I'm not sure the data is the same in that exact spot between games.

Now, I put the 0x64 block at C6C10 (7F0920E0) [this is a testing spot in a cheat changes mod I am tinkering with], and updated the Laser cheat to use this spot instead. Best I can do is get it to not crash (after updating the RAM address). Since I don't understand what is all taking place, I can't make any further progress. If someone else would like to take a crack at it, that would be great.

Also, interestingly enough, it seems the 2x weapons cheats are somewhat improved in the JPN version. In NTSC, you must equip both at once, and they don't even appear in the watch inventory menu. In JPN, they do show in your watch, and can be used as singles.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Found the number of MP characters given by the cheat. Seems it requires two different spots to work correctly. One I found myself (right near the level and character amount for beating Cradle), and another was listed in Zoinkity's documentation....

44DB3: Number of MP Characters with Cheat Pt.1
46883: Number of MP Characters with Cheat Pt.2

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am so close to having the cheat menu extended now. I have 13 cheats in the left column, which can all be properly selected and function as they should, and the right hand column also works the same (no more duplicates or wrong cheats being turned on/off). However, it seems that it must be looking for an additional cheat in the list, and when it reads zeroes, it crashes. If I just use a GS code to add an extra cheat at the end, it works fine. Hopefully it is this one last thing holding it up...

By the way, if anybody can find where the text for the cheats appears on screen, it would be very beneficial to shift it all upward. Right now, a 14th cheat is impossible to select, as your crosshair won't go down far enough to highlight it. Moving the entire text list up should fix that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: