ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Could someone suggest an emu and pluggins for my computer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luther
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Could someone suggest an emu and pluggins for my computer? Reply with quote Back to top

I don't mean to pollute your board, but I'd really appreciate it if one of you could suggest what I should use with a computer with the following (rather sucky) specs:

AMD (Duron) processor
1.10 Ghz, 224 MB of RAM

Umm, I have a dail-up connection, if that might be a problem...

Luther
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aww, come on! I don't mean to be a noob, but I need some help over here! I can't download too much to this computer, so I have to choose my downloads carefully! Please help me!

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, you might be pleasantly surprised with the emu results on your system. Thing is, what is your video card? I think that 1964 emulator runs the fastest. Video plugin wise, please let me know your video card and we go from these. Sorry, don't feel like a noob, this emu stuff is confusing.

Luther
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, just one more noob question, this PC wpn't let me get into veiw system settings, so is there any way to see what video card I have from Windows?

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

... noob.

if you havent bought a new card, its stock. it will run OK, but... not great. goldeneyeforever.com lists an excellent plugin.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Luther
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. Again, sorry about being such a noob, but we all have to start somewhere.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Noobs rule! I wouldn't feel like I know what I'm talking about without Noobs. Anyways, lemme think about this. Video card wise, you have to go into your start menu, click on system tools, then system information, then you need to click on "components" then click on display. That should tell you what you are working with video wise. The best bet, is to just test out various settings. Jabo and Rice's plugings are the safest best. But, hit us back with your video card.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: