ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Is Split-Screen Emulator Netplay Possible

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zombi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Is Split-Screen Emulator Netplay Possible Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all,

I'm just curious, is it possible to have 2-4 players on a single screen on one PC and play GE online with 2-4 players sharing a screen on another computer?

Thanks.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry I dont understand your question, are you asking about GE netplay online? If so Mupen64++ is recommended. http://mupen64k.blogspot.com/

zombi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Siul wrote:
Sorry I dont understand your question, are you asking about GE netplay online? If so Mupen64++ is recommended. http://mupen64k.blogspot.com/

I’m looking to play GE Online, but I’m wondering if it’s possibly to do split screen on one PC (2-4 players) and THEN join online.

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

unfortunately, or fortunately - when playing online you will not get your individual screen, you will see all screens.

If 4 people play, you will see 4 screens.
if only 2 - 2 screens
there was some talk long ago of using card drivers and 'zoom' into your portion of the screen and make it full screen, but i don't know if it ever took off

you will have to configure your 2 player setup on your end and the other 2 players will have to match your setup accordingly as far as i know -
meaning you have controller one, your buddy controller 2, net player 3 will have to configure his as controller 3, net player 4 will have to configure the plugin in his machine as controller 4

OR......

zombi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oldyz wrote:
unfortunately, or fortunately - when playing online you will not get your individual screen, you will see all screens.

If 4 people play, you will see 4 screens.
if only 2 - 2 screens
there was some talk long ago of using card drivers and 'zoom' into your portion of the screen and make it full screen, but i don't know if it ever took off

you will have to configure your 2 player setup on your end and the other 2 players will have to match your setup accordingly as far as i know -
meaning you have controller one, your buddy controller 2, net player 3 will have to configure his as controller 3, net player 4 will have to configure the plugin in his machine as controller 4

OR......

Doesn't sound like it's going to work for me. I was hoping to do a sort of "System Link" to allow 4 v 4 players in the same game. Sad

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zombi wrote:
Doesn't sound like it's going to work for me. I was hoping to do a sort of "System Link" to allow 4 v 4 players in the same game. Sad

Well....
until Goldeneye or Perfect dark get the Net64/mario64 online treatment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8KDTOF9zhU
then you will get single screen for each player.

i have not contacted the creator of that tool/mod, but i think that if enough people request for a version of that for GE/PD he might think about tinkering with them. He seems to be good at doing things that where thought to be impossible, or improbable.
Cross my fingers....

I say this because usually people that hack N64 games like some games but hate the others, or just don't find other games compelling enough - it does not help that sometimes to hack another game is just a thing that you have to learn from zero, since hacking methods that apply to one game don't apply to the other.

It is a shame, because i would really like to see 16 people Netplay/editors/tools for all the N64 multiplayer hits....

Starfox 64,wrestlemania 2000 (16/24 players on the ring),WWF no mercy (16/24 players on the ring, halls, pool hall , parking lot, locker rooms , furnace area)
Ridge Racer 64,F1 World grand prix (expanded to 4 player split ) 16 online
Fzero X,Mario Kart,Diddy Kong Racing,Bomber man 64,Killer Instinct Gold
Mortal Kombat trilogy,Goldeneye,Perfect Dark,Get Force Geminy
Conker's bad fur day

or turn some single player games into multi

Rogue squadron
Banjo K series
Ocarina of time, Majora's mask (but with formal coop story line)

(i don't include smash brothers, because the n64 version does not scratch the surface of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YcNOk9K8jM)
that is a job for the wii hacking crowd to figure out

Last edited by oldyz on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zombi wrote:

The closest thing you can do to that is get 2 xbox 360's and play Perfect Dark XBLA 4 vs 4 online (8 player online single screen for each)or trough local LAN-4 one screen 4 the other)
you can use Xbones, but they are too expensive
on the other hand a couple of hacked 360's set you back about 230 dollars,
and THEN
you are going to have to see if that is possible, since i have only played 4 player locally and 16 p way back when on-line...

zombi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oldyz wrote:
zombi wrote:

The closest thing you can do to that is get 2 xbox 360's and play Perfect Dark XBLA 4 vs 4 online (8 player online single screen for each)or trough local LAN-4 one screen 4 the other)
you can use Xbones, but they are too expensive
on the other hand a couple of hacked 360's set you back about 230 dollars,
and THEN
you are going to have to see if that is possible, since i have only played 4 player locally and 16 p way back when on-line...

Yeah, we've actually been relying mostly on 360s and system link compatible games that allow for 4 v 4 play. Unfortunately, it looks like PD doesn't support it on the 360. This is also being done in my workplace and the network security prevents XBOX Live from connecting.

Trickle
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The thing kaze emanuar has done with Super Mario 64 is like pure witchcraft! You'd almost think he had the source code or something. It would be sick if he got involved with GE 007.

oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zombi wrote:

Yeah, we've actually been relying mostly on 360s and system link compatible games that allow for 4 v 4 play. Unfortunately, it looks like PD doesn't support it on the 360. This is also being done in my workplace and the network security prevents XBOX Live from connecting.

Ok but the thing is Hacked 360's work a bit different as far as i know, you can not do XBox live game-play
Standard system link is the same, but a hackd 360 can use a Pseudo-Xbox live connection where you can play available online modes, but locally machine with machine

i know some games allow for 2 split screen Xbox live gaming vs other 2 screen or single screen players,
and weirdly this mode will not work in system link mode.
I have never experimented with 2 hacked 360's (never enough screens, controllers) so you will have to see how many games can work better using the Fake Xbox live connection - by the way the latest dashboard now is Aurora, and it seems that you don't need to pass your connection trough a PC anymore - i have tried because something like that has to be done in order to be able to play duke nukem 3d on the 360 with 8 people in the same viccinity - or the classic DOOM games 4 vs 4

Trickle wrote:
The thing kaze emanuar has done with Super Mario 64 is like pure witchcraft! You'd almost think he had the source code or something. It would be sick if he got involved with GE 007.

I have yet to contact him, My Old youtube account and the one where i collaborated with Ollllo - I LOST our passwords long ago, so i'm youtube-less, thus not able to communicate with Kase.
im very paranoid about making new email accounts, if i can get access to those old youtube accounts (that where created before youtube was part of google) i would feel much better

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: