ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

FORUM DOWNTIME: MOVING TO NEW SERVER MAY 21st EVENING
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: FORUM DOWNTIME: MOVING TO NEW SERVER MAY 21st EVENING Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys! I'm going to be moving the forum to a new server so I hope you can be patient with me on this one. Sorry but my initial plans of doing this weeks ago just didn't happen. Life happens and it seems I get sidetracked more often than I'd like. Server wise I'm running out of time so I can't really delay this much longer.

It should be seamless, but DNS issues last time (last year) means a more cautious approach this time. I will put the forum into maintenance mode for the duration of the DNS to propagate properly. The DNS issues may resolve in a matter of hours so it shouldn't be anything dramatic.

So I will put the forum into maintenance mode sometime late on May 21st, but if there is an issue with the timing, please PM me and I can delay this.

The FTP access will be the same for now, but I'll look at something more permanent rather than having to switch up access seemingly every year.

I hate moving to new servers, but I'm having to be more economical these days and this a consequence of that.

Thanks everyone for keeping the forum alive and kicking! (Yes I'm still around and currently trying to get a letter into Nintendo regarding something I would like to share soon)

Last edited by GE MASTER on Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:32 pm; edited 3 times in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You gotta do what you gotta do. We all just appreciate the fact that you've been keeping the doors open and the lights on for so long, allowing us to continue discussing and sharing our work and ideas. It's a great community, with respectful members.

I may need to get the FTP info from you again soon. I lost access to two e-mail accounts (one from switching service providers), and I think the message disappeared with it.

Letter to Nintendo? Interesting...

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ooh! This'll be my first forum maintenance in a while! I'll have to find where I left my survival checklist.

On second thought, I feel like I've read something like this within the last eight months... Huh? Must be gettin' tired.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Goodbye everyone. See you soon.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all. Whelp, life happens and this move got delayed. I'll get this going the evening of the 20th or least that's the plan! Thanks.

The Extremist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did it happen? Shocked

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry guys. This was a screw up (again). This DNS crap is killing me. The server change was ok, but the fact I was under the impression the forum was off maintenance mode? Dammit. I hope nobody was trapped in DNS hell with making posts (like I did) and having those vanish.

I believe it's safe now to assume this IS the new location. Please let me know how you find the forums on the new host. Faster, slower, same?

Thanks everyone. I should have checked earlier to see that the board was still in maintenance mode. Considering the DNS issues I had, perhaps it's a blessing nobody was posting to the forum during the past day or so.

Thanks.

ps. Did anyone notice the rumblings about trademarks and Nintendo 64....

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This site is much faster compared to the last time I visited. (Last year?)

However, sometimes I get redirected to a clone of this forum, which is hosted on prepaidsmartph*nes.com.
It usually happens when I click "ShootersForever.com Forum Index" or the logo while reading a topic. Is it related to the DNS issues?

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well done on the successful move! I wouldn't stress about outages as I'd say everyone here is just glad that you're so committed to the support of the community!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been having issues for days, and have only just gotten on again. The whole "prepaidsmartphones.com" URL thing keeps happening, where it looks like the regular shootersforever.com board, but with a different address. I also don't stay logged in often, or it won't even let me try. Other than that, I guess it is running quickly.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the feedback. This prepaidsmartphones thing is f'ed up. I need to investigate that and it's something odd for sure. Again, thanks for letting me know!

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Update: this wasn't related to DNS. Kind of nightmarish to be honest. I believe I figured out the issue and we should not be seeing that prepaidsmartphones url, but cookies/history may still create an issue. I've been trying this with a clean browser and the url is behaving itself.

Again, thanks for the heads up on this and please let me know if anything else arises.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi I am unsure who to ask but I have a couple of PMs that are locked. I cannot open them or delete them. It's been happening since a couple of months ago. This is the error I get.
Code:
Could not update user pm counters

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1690 BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(`bunkrwft_regebat_shootersphpbb`.`phpbb_users`.`user_unread_privmsg` - 1)'

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_unread_privmsg = user_unread_privmsg - 1 WHERE user_id IN (2248)

Line : 839
File : privmsg.php

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I have two or three that are also acting that way. I would need to see what error message pops up, but I do know that I can't get rid of them.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes the site will timesout when loading a page or submitting large posts. I never experienced this with the previous server.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: