ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Not sure what this is doing, or if causing any harm, but when doing a comparison between ROMS (original and modified), I noticed one spot is being changed...

BB000
Original = 38
Exported = 20

Do you know what that is for? Even making zero changes to the ROM, it exports with that value.

Good catch, that's a bug, it's supposed to be for tank, it's supposed to be BB003. It's fixed now.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Had an unruly day today, and it's too late for me to test anything tonight. Instead, I can paste over the new PD actions I meant to share months ago. Hopefully, I can test these and the styles tomorrow.

0105 should be a coloured return value. Don't know what it does, but it returns values.

010C is "Check Current Guard's Team in Relation to Jo, Return If Match" It also needs to be coloured like a return value.
For this particular action, a value of 01 means ally and 02 means foe.

0136 is "Guard Moves to Edge of a Room"

013B might be "Add Current Guard to Group #" Though, I haven't been able to properly confirm it because this action is finicky or something. I believe this is what it does because of how it's used for G5 Building's spawned vault guards.

0140 is "If Hover Vehicle's Point in Path is Greater/Less Than Value, Return Value Loop"

0152 is "If Group Y Has Greater Than X Members, Return Value Loop"
It doesn't seem to work for guard group IDs higher than 0F.

017D needs a music selection combobox.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good stuff, should be added to beta.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Everything looks good except for one thing... Actions 015B and 017D (the two music players) are functionally correct, but the numbers between the comboboxes don't update with the action. They're just staying the same as whatever numbers were there last. The music combobox is functional for both, but the nearby numbers not updating makes things look weird.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yeah, oops, it's cleaned up now and works right.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I may be able to share some info soon on how to extend the GoldenEye weapons sets, as well as multiplayer character roster. Some of it can get a little complicated, so it may not be super easy handling it within the Editor. But, I'm sure we can figure something out. I've been able to add 24 additional character slots, and have tested an extra two weapon sets thus far. Everything seems to perform well, even on console, though more testing and checks may be required.

I have also relocated the multiplayer level select data in 21990, with hopes that we can possibly extend the list to include more maps. The XBLA version had an additional column, which brought the total to 15. That, or another full row, would give us 16.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if newer builds do this, or why, but I have found this happening a few times now with the older Editor version I have still been using on my main PC (new one still needs better setting up for GE/PD)...

10 07EE becomes 0090 (was 008F)
10 07F0 becomes 35EF040C (was 25EF7DF0)

Is this serving a purpose? (Resetting it back seems the ROM would not start.)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Not sure if newer builds do this, or why, but I have found this happening a few times now with the older Editor version I have still been using on my main PC (new one still needs better setting up for GE/PD)...

10 07EE becomes 0090 (was 008F)
10 07F0 becomes 35EF040C (was 25EF7DF0)

Is this serving a purpose? (Resetting it back seems the ROM would not start.)

Those changes do the image compactness that Zoinkity invented, to make each image entry shorter and add a lot of space for more.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanted to bring this subject back up, as I was looking into it a bit. Regarding the random head selection in GE, it does not appear to store a list of selected heads. In fact, the heads aren't even really randomly selected at all. The game picks an entry at random from the heads list (8002CDB8) when the level begins, and puts that number at 8002CE38. Whatever head in the list it lands on, it uses it... and the following three heads. So if it chooses 0x13, you get 3F Steve E, 40 Joel, 41 Scott, and 42 Joe (altered). If the game chooses 0x01, you get 36 Chris, 37 Lee, 3E Graham, and 3B Steve H. No randomness in between!

So I don't think it overruns into the females at all, as there does not look like there is any stored choices, and instead it simply reads 0x4 (or 0x7 with the mod) out of the male heads list in ascending order. If it reaches the end (FFFFFFFF), it just goes back to the starting head and on. Only thing you may overrun is texture memory, so you'd need to be cautious of that and probably use the Expansion Pak.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could that be modified to use more heads for more variety? For instance getting five or six male heads.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe Pavarini has 7 random heads in his Footsteps mod patch. If he doesn't respond about it shortly, I will check into it for you. It could just be a simple value increase in ROM, so it pulls more than 4 heads. He has some info around page 32.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Code:
7F0235E4:
andi $t9, $v0, 0x0003
replace with
andi $t9, $v0, 0x0006 // change to 7 max heads

ROM:
0x58114: 30590003 to 30590006

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
7F02D60B FD (the FD part) seems to be the default head sound. FD is obviously beyond the end of the head list, so it just reads garbage, which I guess happens to translate to a female head. I'm guessing FD was indicating to them was off.

You can change it to anything, for default, for example 29 changed to Maian sound. I don't think there are any other consequences, but you'll have to see.

If you haven't made ASM mods before, this translates to file:
6C868

You decompress, edit byte 0x60B to whatever digit want, recompress, then put into ROM there.

If you test it and it works, I can probably add to editor somewhere about default embedded head.

I finally figured out how to do this, and I'm trying to test it right now. Did you actually test it yourself? So far, I've tried 5C, 0E, and 0F. All of them gave me male pain sounds in multi and make solo missions fail to load. I'm fairly certain I'm re-adding the file the correct way... I'll try re-setting it to FD so if solo missions are still borked, I'll know if it's my method that's somehow wrong.

EDIT: It compressed differently, but solo stages work now. Okay, so I must be importing it correctly, then. That's good, I think? Except now I don't know what other values to try.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah shoot, I did try it, but just with the ROM that only had these embedded heads. I didn't try it on a regular level, and that did crash.

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject: Change to clipping editor Reply with quote Back to top

I think I understand clipping now, and why sometimes it looks crazy. But I think it could look less crazy and maybe a little more intuitive:

Have this...

Instead of this...

I don't know the proper names, but the adjoining clipping tiles are hard to make out with the smaller triangular R,G,B point markers.

My suggestion is to use circles of a lighter or darker shade but not the same shade as the adjoining clipping triangles.

Finally, in Clipping Mode we could have a couple hot keys to increase or decrease the size of the circles pointers.

I am not sure if the purpose of the markers being triangular, but if the must be, can we have them darker or lighter or maybe blink between the two shades?

Thank you for your hard work and everyone who has helped with making this program what it is. 👍[/img][/url]

Last edited by loofadawg on Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:55 am; edited 3 times in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 39 of 107

Jump to: