GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Mario 64 online no shared screen 24 slot
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mario (and to an extent The Legend of Zelda) has been Nintendo's bread and butter for over twenty five years. He's easily the most iconic and recognizable character in all gaming. He's spawned cartoons, a movie, a huge variety of spinoff titles, and plenty of merchandise. People adore him, and spend hard earned money on each new (or updated / re-released) game that comes out. So it's safe to assume that Nintendo is a little sensitive when it comes to unauthorized products relating to the character.

Why target this and not most of the other mods that have been released? Perhaps since this basically is SM64, and not an overhaul with brand new levels (such as Star Road), they don't like it. They could see it as just exploiting the original engine. Altering it in a manner that they don't agree with, or find safe for users. Let's not forget, emulation is disapproved of by the vast majority of gaming companies (unless it's done by an actual console with a payment service). I can understand their concern, but I dislike their actions.

Yes, Nintendo does still make money on SM64 through the virtual console. I think both the N64 original, and the DS version, are both available for purchase.

We should be thankful the GoldenEye legal problems exist, otherwise our whole community might not be what it is today.

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8KDTOF9zhU

the online experience still lives

if there is any way of making PD a super multiplayer thing will be trough this, according to the video , the emulator enhances the ROm in some way, and makes this possible.

PD xbla is pretty much dead, and was never that good control-wise, i hope you guys have been talking to this net 64 and mario 64 online people to see how PD or GE can be modded

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Net64 Discord as there are many hosts and hotfixes

Coockie1173
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To bump this thread a tiny bit, in GE, would it be possible if you used the 8MB patch, spawn a guard within that region each time someone joins, and sync the position with that player's in game coördinates?

------------------------------
Contact me:
discord: Coockie1173#8187

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Coockie1173 wrote:
To bump this thread a tiny bit, in GE, would it be possible if you used the 8MB patch, spawn a guard within that region each time someone joins, and sync the position with that player's in game coördinates?

That is more likely to be possible for Perfect dark/ Goldneye X in counter opp mode, player 2 takes control of all the existing guards in a level while player one tries to finish the mission
as a 1st step, What needs to be done is to expand THAT to allow at least 4 online people to control the guards remotely , and hack the game rom to remove the split screen for each player.

Coockie1173
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oldyz wrote:
Coockie1173 wrote:

That is more likely to be possible for Perfect dark/ Goldneye X in counter opp mode, player 2 takes control of all the existing guards in a level while player one tries to finish the mission
as a 1st step, What needs to be done is to expand THAT to allow at least 4 online people to control the guards remotely , and hack the game rom to remove the split screen for each player.

That would get us nowhere would it? I was thinking of doing it the same way net64 did it, and thats by spawning your stuff in the additional RAM.
For GoldenEye it would work by just spawning in a guard amd syncing his XYZ coördinate, and potentially some animations. For PD on the other hand, you'll need to re-extend your RAM, which is a pain on its own.
To come back on the GE idea: you could also check what stage the person is in, so you dont put a guard in an invalid spot, and make them work over stages (talking about singleplayer).
This on its own sounds much easier than going about, hacking out a second screen. I do not think you can do networking within a rom, so you need an external trainer, like net64 did

------------------------------
Contact me:
discord: Coockie1173#8187

oldyz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that its very good, i very much welcome anything that can expand and modify a game without having to edit the ROM before hand.

i don't know if this might help in some way, or if it even makes sense, what if you can not only make use of RAM, but also be able to modify ROM values directly?

When it comes to modifying ROM values, there is this thing called the NMthing, it is an executable file that you run when playing the WWF no mercy N64 game, it seems to allow you to modify the ROM values of character's movesets, and allows for the replacement of music tracks from external mp3 files. Basically it looks like it makes the ROM editable (so far only the moveset and AI portions of the ROM), and creates .DAT a file that allows windows and the emulator to call on it to make the ROM different.
I believe that it could also be expanded to even externally replace sound banks, and if further developed , even allow you to use "polygon" packs much like the use of texturepacks. (external folders holding new polygon & texture data to be used by an enhanced emulator to improve the 3d models of any n64 game)

if A version of this tool could make the ROM editable on the fly, allowing for net64 not only to use expanded RAM, but also access ROM values directly, to what purpose, i can't think of any right now, but im sure it would be of tremendous usefulness.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just don't get Nintendo. They take down a project like this, yet they seemingly have no problem with the countless counterfeit multi-carts that are polluting ebay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: