ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Special GoldenEye Level Id Hardcoding
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I found three more level hardcodes, and compiled the rest of the known ones together into a list. I edited them into the first post, so it will be easier to find them and keep track.

Newest ones...

Cradle...
4688F: If beat mission number - Multiplayer Characters (Mission 0x11)
4B3EF: If beat mission number - Load Credits ID (Mission 0x11)

Cuba...
4B413: Credits Level Loaded after Cradle (ID 0x36)

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Found another Cradle related one...

4DDF7: Level Highlighted After Credits (Mission 0x11)

So if you change which level plays the credits, you should probably also update this to match, otherwise your crosshairs will be hovering over the Cradle slot once you return to the menu. That had been bugging me for a little while.

For the Editor, I would simply suggest that the "Load Credits" hardcode option also affects this spot.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah ok, I updated that combo box to do both. Hadn't messed with it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know there are some more hardcodes hidden around someplace. At the least, I know Control seems to use one. In one of Johnny Thunders mods, putting Egypt over it will cause it to crash at a certain area. Perhaps, like with Dam, it does something with portals / visibility. Guess we'd just need to determine if it is by level ID, slot # or mission number. We may not know what exactly it does, but it might help custom campaigns if they are running into these sorts of crashing issues.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was aware of Control, but I couldn't find any level ids or stage ids, so I'm not quite sure what's going on. Coockie1173 had an issue with clipping, and it was because he used Control - it was fine in another level. That said...as far as I know this was not an issue in GF64.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So another apparent hardcode struck again, this time to a level in the The Spy Who Loved Me mod. Their submarine mission was occupying the place of Jungle. I ran some tests to get it working on console, as it would crash immediately (they have said that without any portals at all the stage did load, however). I decided first to switch the level slot (not ID or mission number), and that got it working. The slot would be 0x11 (as Dam is 0x0D and Cradle is 0x15). Now, I don't understand ASM, so I can't really go hunting for this in any depth. I did try to change any 24XX0011 that I could find, but had zero luck getting it to load by editing that to another value.

Control I should really look back at, as it's affected multiple levels now. At least to determine if it is level ID, level slot or mission number related.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe there's per id some sort of allocation table. Like it's not a hardcoded id but a switch statement indexing into a table. That said I had never found it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: