ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Custom Mission Compilation...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really looking forward to this Mission Pack, I'm interested in the "Instant Death" cheat, combined with DLTK could be fun! Smile
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It could take LTK/DLTK to the next level, as any gunshot will kill the player, and damage from drone guns and explosions will also now be lethal.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I express concern over these neat features being added to a custom mission compilation. Custom missions are cool, really! And, doing this with a compilation is actually pretty genius, now that I think about it... But, still! At some point in time, will you help these features find their way into the base game?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Once we can get the cheat menu extended to use (I am striving for) 28 cheats instead of only 24, I will very likely release a patch that adds more of GE's unused cheats (such as Line Mode and Debug Position Display), as well as some new ones (Bond Phase and Instant Death). That way players can use them on the original GE missions, too.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good news, everyone!...

After much tinkering, and a little help from SubDrag, we've got the cheat menu extension working. It now (barely) fits in 28 total cheats. I've already created a fun patch for regular GoldenEye that adds in 5 cheats to the original 23. These include some of those made for the Compilation Pack. I'll also be extending the cheat menu for that mod, as well. We'll see what other goodies may be in store for that one.

Also, I decided to give "Instant Death" a more fitting name: Expect to Die. Wink

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Extended Cheat Menu, very cool. Looking forward to seeing this. Is there going to be an option in the GE editor to enable the extra slots in the cheat menu?

I expect you to die... haha Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cheat Menu Extension patch is up...
http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=481

I mentioned to SubDrag about possibly supporting the cheat extension in the Editor via a special button. That way people can just set other cheats (like Extra Weapons, Line Mode, Debug Position Display, etc.) to be unlockable. Hopefully we'll see it supported sometime soon.

Hehe, Mr. Goldfinger was most certainly the inspiration behind the new cheat name. Sounds like a sinister difficulty level, I'd say.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cheat Menu is great, can i make a small suggestion. Change the All Guns Cheat to work in Multi player too, its easy to do and i think it would be fun to have this option. Imagine having All Guns, Infinite Ammo and Bond Phase on so your able to go into the back zone of Facility or Archives and front zone of Caverns with the all players having the complete weapon arsenal to battle with And the great thing about it being a cheat is it can be turned off when you want to go back to selecting the weapon sets again.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hadn't really thought about that, but it certainly isn't a bad idea.

There's an updated zip file I sent off to SubDrag that goes even further and has 30 cheats. This required that I physically modify parts of the mission folders, as the text would have gone too high and onto the background texture. It looks fine, but I did keep the initial 28 cheat patch, in case there is anyone who dislikes the changes. The additional cheats are Position Display (unused debug cheat), and the all-new super cheat... 2x Klobb! Razz

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

30! looking forward to it, 2x Klobb i love it Smile and if i was you Id'e find something better to replace the single laser cheat, i always thought it was strange that you had a single and 2x cheat for laser so i would be happy to see that go.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Small updates...

I did adjust the All Guns cheat to work in multiplayer, as suggested by 00action. Seems to work well, and respawning players do continue to have their full collection of weapons.

I also messed around with the folders (PwalletbondZ), and removed all the mission level slots that are currently unused. It will be a slight pain to keep updating this as more missions are included, but I do prefer it over just empty black slots.

I'd noticed a minor issue with my mission naming method, which affected the file folders at the start of the game. It would always say "Mission ." on them. I figured out a way to fix that, so now it says "Level #" instead.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to GE Master, I can now upload images once again! So, without further delay, here are just a few...

Two previews of how Tiny Characters cheat will appear...

Another cheat, Sniper / Rocket, ported from the JPN version...

All Bonds, complete with brand new select images...

Block Fort, with a brand new sky box...

Newly converted mission to multi, this is Storage Facility...

Finally, something you will be seeking out on 007 Mode...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm making this project my main priority. I'll be picking at each mission until I am happy with the results. I spent some time on Island last night, and was able to fix a few things and add some additional details. I'm really not "changing" the original missions. At their core, they are the same. It's mostly technical, under-the-hood, related data adjustments and text edits. Much of it will probably go unnoticed, and that is kind of the point. It's not my place to drastically alter the authors vision, which was already great to begin with. My goal is just to add some polish to it.

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Feel free to modify Garden however you need to. Everyone knows that one bridge is super dinky and lots of people struggled with the timed mine safe thing since it breaks convention a bit.

Good luck finishing this project!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some updates...

I have reached a point where Island, Storage Facility, Cliffbase and Grid are pretty close to finalized. My Complex only needs the chemist navigation updated a little, and that should also be good. A few other missions need only few edits, that I currently have noted down. I might think of more as I test them.

E-S, I will definitely consider altering the safe. I already have a new concept for it, which won't have any drastic affect on your original mission. I don't want to alter much of the authors original designs, unless there is a very good reason behind it. Such as the vent shortcut in Cliffbase, which you guys will see once it's been released, or a video uploaded to demonstrate it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: