ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Multiple rooms in one room

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corfix
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Multiple rooms in one room Reply with quote Back to top

Does it help performance in a map if you split a room into multiple rooms big and small ones. If it does how big should a room be if i would split a room into multiple rooms ?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's required for bigger levels. I try to only load 1500 triangles max at time, 3000 absolute worst. Perhaps no more than 600 triangles a room. No hard and fast rule, judge by lag.

Corfix
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok thanks

Garabuyo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
It's required for bigger levels. I try to only load 1500 triangles max at time, 3000 absolute worst. Perhaps no more than 600 triangles a room. No hard and fast rule, judge by lag.

Interestings references.

I think those references are for normal GE rom but for the 8 mb patch is nearly the double.

Regards.

http://bf4stats.com:8601/ps4/Garabuyo

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Stupid question time:

Does clipping affect the level in terms of triangle count? I would like to think no as it isn't rendered.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Expansion Pak mod should really only help to allow more textures and room models to be loaded at once, but shouldn't do much of anything to improve performance. Pretty sure that's more of a console issue, rather than the game. In fact, having larger levels with more going on can hurt framerate worse. It is a delicate balance.

Corfix
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok thanks for the advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: