ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Need help troubleshooting my attempt at importing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Wreck. I worked on the UV's again today and things are looking spiffy.

[/img]

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Meanwhile started on this one:

Clinker's Cavern

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a start point, I suspect, that is causing the map to not load. If I choose the option to go to start in objects mode I am placed out side of the rooms. I don't see the preset anywhere in the vicinity and therefore I cannot select and delete it.

I was populating my map with multiplayer start points, mp weapons and a few objects. At first I thought it was one if the objects, so I worked backwards and systematically deleted them a few at a time. When I got to where only start points were left I went to each location. Only the one was outside the rooms.

Since I couldn't delet it, I started over with myobj, exported portal and clipping. I dropped a few mp start points and it was fine.

So question, how do I go about deleting this rogue preset? I still have my other work, so if this is the problem I could get rid of it and use that project instead of redoing all the object placements.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's the Edit Preset and Edit Intro Block. Edit Intro Block you can manually edit start points and other things, and edit preset is the manual spot to do presets.

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you.

The only other time I had this happen is when I tried to scale the map a few weeks ago from within object mode. I mistook that it scaled everything together.

Maybe I can have this map released this weekend.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would be great if we could have access to the same effect that Banjo had with textures. I mean in BK two textures can blend in each other. The effect is great for natural grounds.

Beside this, good job on that map. It's promising for the futur.

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doing in initial test after putting all the presets in and wouldn't you know it, I have a room that doesn't show up in game play. In the editor it shows up, but not when I select one room view.

Easy fix maybe?

Also, since I placed nearly all my presets down, will the "Exportresets was an OBJ" save my presets AND their settings so if I were to start a new project I could just import background, portals, clipping, and preset obj and have everything back including the room that went screwy?

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It looks like that room has wrong #ID, like background is RoomXX and clipping is RoomYY. Portals might be off too.

Ingame, a room geometry will only load if standing on its clipping or by looking at it through a portal. So if your clipping ID doesn't match the background ID, geometry will disappear as soon as you stand on it.
You are able to see the room in editor with 'Display Full Level' because the geometry probably shares #ID with another room and when you select the real #ID it only shows the clipping since its the only thing asigned to that RoomID.

You can change the background Room ID by selecting the tris in Rooms Position Mode, righclicking and doing 'Move Triangle to Room'.
Or you can change the clipping Room# by selecting the tiles in Clippping Mode, rightclicking and doing 'Change Room ID'.
You should check the portals too.

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Selecting the room's tris and moving to to room number appears to have done the trick.

They map was fine before. I must remember to hit 'H' when editing inside GSE. I am sure that I accidently moved something.

I *may* do some Vertex coloring to affect shadows. Stay tuned !

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It looks like I need to remove things from the map. If you play four players, portals and rooms are unpredictable. Each time you play the rooms or pietals that act up ( the void ) is random. Two players seems to be more stable.

I done think I had too many object the level but I will try and reduce those first.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds more like you need to increase your memory allocations. In the Game Configurations menu, under Stage Options, select the level that this map is replacing, and check the memory allocations on the left side of the menu. The value set for "-ma" will help to show the rooms better for 3-4 players. A level like Library only uses 100, but you could try increasing it to 150 or 200 and see how that works out for you.

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck, thank you do much.

Wow, that seems to have fixed it. I don't know how many hours I spent recliping, redoing portals, swapping portal values. I was ready to give up. This explains a lot.

Last thing to do is go to all the rooms that have a seconadry room and add top flag. That should be enough for a beta testing release. The final future release will be lighting/shadows. No capture the flag as I never really played that too much. As is, I feel it us a solid map with some personal touches.

It maintains aspects of the original stacks level with a few elements to make it fresh aside even from the tweaks Rare had made. If all goes well I can release it Sunday.

Part of lengthy time to do this deals with the amount of time I can devote in a single day. Today I was fortunate to be able to put a few hours into it. But I am lucky to get an hour in. Life and family takes precedence.

Again,. After the trouble I had today I was ready to throw the towel in. The only thing that made sense was that sometimes they map was okay and other times not so much.

Then I recalled Rare made some maps only 2 player. Testing it like between 2 and 4 was the revelation I guess that I needed. Wreck to the rescue though. 4 player appears to run fine now. A map this large is too big for just 2 players. I feel it will make an excellent solo mission at some point.

Going to hit the hay now.

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here is a patch for testing. Finally! 😁

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xk7mi9vtec9tfn/Ordinance_Storage_Beta_1.zip?dl=0

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It plays really well, nice job! Hah, I'm just as confused/lost as when I played in Tooie. The doors are interesting, because Tooie didn't have them.

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, the doors are there because Stacks had them. I put them more or less in the same location. Others were added in a few locations to help preserve the layout by calling of tunnel entrances that did not exist in the Stack map. Being that they are doors though players still can pass through.

I also thought it would make for a nice solo mission. There's the cell down stairs, a make shift office, a locker room and path to an elevator.

So I finally decided to view the Stack map in the editor to see how Rare did their rooms, portals etc..

I thought I had a lot of rooms and portals (trying to play it safe and subdivide the Banjo Tooie map as much as I could), but Rare easily has twice as many. This doesn't include the Basement portion either.

Hallways and Rooms are subdivided into smaller areas which I found interesting to see.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: