ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

A new Timesplitters game is underway!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: A new Timesplitters game is underway!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Potentially brilliant news - the Timesplitters I.P. has been bought up by a company who might actually do something with it:

Quote: "Koch Media (who are now owned by THQ Nordic) have nabbed the rights and will have a TimeSplitters game made under their Deep Silver label"

For anyone unaware, the Timesplitters games are a trilogy of first person shooters (sadly not on the PC, the first was Playstation 2 only, and the two sequels are on the PS2, original XBox, and the Gamecube), and whilst the first one was an OK but not great release game for the PS2, the second and third games are superb, offering *lots* of really great content, such as great single player campaigns (that could be played in co-op if you choose), very definable multiplayer modes with lots of game types and options and good bots, a simple to use map maker where you could create single player or multiplayer maps that even the bots could work in correctly, various pre-set game challenges, *lots* of playable characters, and many, many un-lockables. The games were humorous, with some really amusing characters and dialogue (especially the third game, which at times was sort of like a more science fiction version of the PC game 'The Operative: No One Lives Forever'), and to me there's been no first person shooter released after Timesplitters: Futuer Perfect (aka Timesplitters III), on PC or console, that's as good as Timesplitters: Future Perfect. It really is that good.

And since Deep Silver produce cross platform PC and console games, then hopefully the new upcoming Timesplitters will be for both console and PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRCV4sZWZAs

I'm not a fan of remasters, but I really hope they release a remastered version of the trilogy, both for the PC, and also for current generation consoles, so that so many gamers who've never had a chance to play these classics can now do so. I'm also really eager to hear news of the new Timsplitters game, as long as they keep it true to the spirit, quality, and philosophy of the original games. I.e. set the levels across varying times and places in the world, ad weapons unique to each time period (as well as some modern and alien weapons available too, wherever you are), sprinkle the game with bits of humour and the odd easter egg referring other games or movies, add all sorts of playable characters and multiplayer modes, and no, repeat no, weapon carrying limit, no automatically recharging shield or health, no generic characters or story, no choosing realism over fun, and definitely nothing that will harm the replay value of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8skBGvxqcw

Oh, and Second Sight might be receiving a sequel too, according to that article. The original is a really good third person stealth/shooter game, where you control a character with physic powers (such as telekenetic, or mind-control, or remote viewing, etc), and is one of the few games with a good story(don't let anyone tell you anything about it before you play it). A sequel could be really good, and it will be interesting to see how they continue the story, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqjk6mwIGiI

You can read the news article at: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/08/15/new-timesplitters-game-from-deep-silver/

Edit: How do you get videos to display in a post?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: