ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Vault is now closed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry Wreck, I still believe in you. GoldenEye: X is a very ambitious project so it's understandable that it's time consuming and you don't want to work on it 24/7. It's your project and you can complete it on your own timetables.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Entropy Soldier wrote:
Don't worry Wreck, I still believe in you. GoldenEye: X is a very ambitious project so it's understandable that it's time consuming and you don't want to work on it 24/7. It's your project and you can complete it on your own timetables.

Well said ES.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GoldenEye X progress will resume shortly after I have completed the first version of the Compilation Pack. That is discussed in another thread in the Q-Lab forum.

I appreciate the comments coming from people who do still have faith in me and this project.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

smh...I don't even know why I even bother sometimes.

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What's with all the salt... nobody is entitled to anything. People work on this project in their spare time.

Anyway, I'd love to see GoldenEye X progressing, especially the single player. It would be really cool to see GoldenEye being improved in the Perfect Dark engine.

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd also love to see Wreck injecting a bit more brilliance into the game - you know, following his own vibes in it, tweaking the missions (or even flat out replacing them if he feels like it), doing things with a lot more flair and freedom. I actually find it odd the people keep pushing for a carbon copy of GE inside PD...why not just play GE if that's the case?

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What Kane said.

The more I learn about modding (which isnt much) the more I truly appreciate the work that is involved. It would be easier to write a new engine from scratch than what the community has been doing the past decade or so.

Due to work/family/life I have very little time devoted to this but it brings me some kind of joy and feeling of accomplishment and I am sure others feel the same. No one is making any money of this. It wouldn't take much for haters to ruin a good thing.

Waste of energy and time is all complaining is good for. Channel it into something positive.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yo Thundera, Wreck is like the most active community member here. And he took a break to work on another massive compilation project. I admit I thought he was missing for awhile but it turns out his current project is just as good. And he gets stuff done when 99% of people would quit. He finished Goldfinger for instance. We owe him a debt of gratitude.

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's hard to convey the tone in text so I hope I am not coming off harsh. Everyone stay cool and not lets not pressure others If this gets to be too much like work then I am afraid people will up and quit.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Goldfinger 64 was SubDrag's project, after he took the reigns from Monkeyface. He and a few others were the main team behind it. I did help, of course. The majority of text, briefings, and dialogue was written by myself, a few custom props and character bodies, the watch update, and I put in a ton of testing during the final month or so (daily). But it's Sub and the others who deserve more praise for getting it into a form worthy of seeing a public release. I was just happy to be along for the ride. Smile

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Love Goldfinger 64!!!

You know I still haven't completed it? I'm leaving the last mission unplayed, and that way it never truly ends for me Wink

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So are these forums going away? I didn’t understand that part.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't heard anything from GE Master to indicate any plans on losing these forums. We should all be very thankful that he's kept a place for us to come to and discuss GE / PD. It has been running for quite a few years now, and has a lot of great information and projects shared. Hopefully it will remain open well into the future.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="CrashOveride"]
Thundera8589 wrote:
Hey is there anyway we can have someone better to lead the project?

Thundera8589 wrote:
Well thanks for admitting you're willing to abort (if you haven't abandoned it already) the project and let someone more willing take over the reigns.

If it hadn't been for Wreck's vision (as well as others), we wouldn't have what we have. They're doing this for no monotary gain so I'm grateful for all they've done. If they want to take a break they're entitled to it. I can't think of anyone more qualified to handle GE:X than Wreck and his team.

Edit:
Oh, another thing, I'm sure many people would be aggravated if you cause Wreck to get frustrated and abandon the project (which I'm sure he's more mature than that)

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@Killedbyurmom

Okay I understand that they're doing it on their own accord. However, being someone who created the idea the project at the same time he grew a fanbase that caters to this specific project. Being the project go to guy and leader don't you think it's his responsibliity to inform his fan base what is going on with the project? When you have others wondering what's going on if the project is still going on or not and nobody here and I mean ABSOLUTELY NOBODY here address anything news or info on the project. That shows bad leadership to me. I mean come on two years is a long drought to wait. All the other patches came out a lot sooner than this. Why is this one so different all of a sudden? Does it mean future patches we'll have to wait 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 years for an update? Anybody not just me, anybody who is a big fan of GE-X would argue the same and think the project is abandoned. I actually at this point REALLY thought it was abandoned cause nobody bothered to say anything until now!

Look, all I ask for is a little consideration towards fans of the game by at least letting us know what's going on. Even if it means we have to wait a while longer just let us know that the project is still moving forward and no signs of it being dropped is the case. That's all I ask for and I also speak for any Goldeneye X fans out there who have the same exact setiments as I do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: