ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Does This Improve Lighting?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject: Does This Improve Lighting? Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering if this Goldenye X patch improves the lighting on the old dark maps of Goldeneye multiplayer maps like Statue, Caves, Depot, Streets, and Caverns? I thought it did but wasn’t sure. Like it increases visibility on those maps where it is hard to see?

And why not add the Duel Map from Cradle as a playable map? Would be hilarious.

oldyz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i dont think they included lighting on those maps

you can open the levels in the editor and place some lights or lamps in places that you feel need lighting,
the easiest way is to open 2 editors one with a level that features lights like the sunken Cetan ship level or PD's 1st level and just copy paste them to the other editor where your multiplayer maps will be -
if you want to use lights that do seem to work in multi-
open the skedar multi level in one editor and analyse the level to see where the lights are, once you see them copy and paste them.
but don't expect to see the coronas in 2 player or 4 player multi, they don't show and i never figured out how to make them show up

also there is the issue that some emulator plugins don't allow you to see the coronas

there is probably a gameshark code nowdays that can enable them, but at the time i searched there was none

edit: maybe it will no be as simple as just copy pasting the light object on to the edited level, because it might be necessary to do some UV painting on the rooms that are supposed to turn completely dark when the lights are damaged - you will have to analyse the levels that feature lights and see what you have to do on your edits.

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know anything on PD but maybe you can lighten up the "rooms" in the editor by selecting a tile in the offending room and press H / Shift H to change the amount of darkness. I think it is H.

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

H / Shift+H is Hide/UnHide.

Also, GEX is a direct port from GE, No BG should change except for the addition of Coronas on light sources (with new Light sources where the BG was clearly meant to have one as indicated by shading or texture)

BG Brightness will not change.

Trev

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On vacation in the Gulf and no access to a computer. I thought I may have they wrong Key but hopeful I was correct. D'oh!

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hope Caves gets made brighter in the next patch.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can still tweak it for you own convenience.
For example, I like to totally get rid of the fog in facility. No more green in the background. It hurts the framerate a bit tho but it's very playable.
I do so by making the fog appear further (I checked bunker to get the number).

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really plan on altering the brightness of levels, such as Caves. I have added sources of light to some missions, since the PD engine allows for rooms being darkened if lights are broken. But I have not adjusted much of anything when it comes to overall brightness.

I'd suggest checking out Perfect Dark Plus and try out my modified Caves multi level, if you have not already. It uses a more snowy / ice look, which is far easier to see in. There are also some railing posts and chained up lights to add details and helpful barricades.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On Project 64 and some crt TVs, the caves look lit up like a Christmas tree. I always enjoyed playing Caves in those conditions. You can really see well. Also, on my android emulator, the caves look amazing. All about setting I guess. On some CRTs, even if you turn up the brightness, the caves would look washed out and not look as good as Project 64.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright Wreck noted. I need to buy another flash cart.

Is there any televisions or monitors I can buy that are new and that displaay n64 very well? HDTV looks like crap with an N64.

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sony Trinitron CRTs are the best consumer grade TVs you can find these days. You may find them for free, or $100 depending on the model. I got mine for $15 and it looks gorgeous with S-Video.
Any LCD HDTV or similar will show the N64 like hell because of the upscaling, and also add tons of input lag.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Graslu00
Discord: https://discord.gg/tksttVC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: