ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Post read indicator issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:46 am    Post subject: Post read indicator issues Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know what thread to post this on so I'll just post one of it's own.

For a few months now possibly since the new server move, the post read indicator icons are glitchy. I have gone to parts of the forum where I have read new posts on all the threads in a section of the forum but it still shows the red indicator as if there are still new posts even after I leave that section of the forum. It remains as "new post" even after reading it. I don't know if anybody else is experiencing this problem but I have been at least since after the server move.

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I might have ran into this issue a couple of times, but not anytime recently and I'm not even sure if I have encountered this before.

I might have encountered this when hitting back after reading a thread, but again I don't entirely know if I got this.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It has happened rarely to me. Not very recently, though. Even after clicking on a thread and reading it, once back out of it, it remains "unread". Not sure why it happens, but it has been on so few occasions that it hasn't been a real issue, at least not for myself. Clicking the back button is more likely to have it happen. I tend to click on the forum name so it reloads it fresh.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's happened to me forever, so I thought it was just a quirk of the forums. For me at least, everything becomes properly unread by the next day, further why I never worried about it.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't use the back button to go back to the main forum page when I'm done reading a post. I usually click the sub forum link or the shootersforever.com forum index link. However, when I log off and then log on back again the red indicators for posts are gone and change to "no new posts" as indicated on the bottom of the main forum.

Before the server move I had no problems with this. Once I was done reading a new post and exited the topic it would no longer be shown red. it would be shown as "no new posts" as I had already read said post. This was without logging off and logging back on again. Maybe this can be fixed to how it was before the server move?

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Loggin off is carin Rolling Eyes

Must be random because me too the site would not clear the unread notifies yet, and that ironed itself out eons ago for me Idea

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I completely have no clue what you just said.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I no longer have this issue. I had to do a factory reset recently and now it seems whatever cache files or cookies I was using were probably outdated before the server changes. So if anyone else was experiencing this issue you may want to delete either the cookies file for shootersforever and/or delete your cache files as well for your web browser.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: