ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Gadgets Not Activating...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: Gadgets Not Activating... Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, so I was testing out the updated Safe Cracker for the Garden mission (by Entropy Soldier), and ran into something. When I used the actual Safe Cracker ID (2D), I could not "activate" the safe door with it. However, if I changed the gadget to 27 Bomb Defuser, it worked just fine. No other edits to the action block. I tried again using the beta Bungee 25, and found failure once more. I can't see anything specific in the weapon stats menu. A lot of these gadgets share the same data, and are set as Key function types. Any known reason why only certain ones seem to activate? (If 16-object activated, test to see what weapon ID is currently equipped)

These are ones I am pretty sure do work...
26 Door Decoder
27 Bomb Defuser
32 Floppy Disc
37 Datathief
49 DAT Tape

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps they are coded to not activate anything? Using a rename object over a bomb defuse might work best.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doesn't GE have an action specifically for gadget activating? I remember because PD did away with it for only regular activations.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

do you mean this one:

5D0000 Go Into Return Value Loop If Gadget Used On 16 Object # (Invalid 16-Object)
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. You use that one to test if you've used a gadget on a 16-tagged object (such as a door or mainframe), and follow it up by testing which weapon ID you are currently equipped with. However, it seems only certain weapon IDs are considered to be gadgets. Using either 25 Bungee or 2D Safe Cracker does not "activate" that object, so it doesn't proceed to the next part of the block.

Either certain weapon IDs are hardcoded to work with that action, or maybe there is a table for the weapons that sets whether or not each can function as a gadget. This is usually the part where I request that SubDrag look into it.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I found this in my notes - thought I had sent to you a while ago. It's probably time for someone else to become the ASM expert though, if it's not in Zoinkity's notes, and not in mine now hah. If only mine were as nice as Zoinkity's, it's just a huge txt file of random blurbs. The editor really was my notes.

Gadgets that use Z to activate (it's part of the action to check if gadget activated)
27, 37, 26, 32, 49
at
7F066D4C
7F066D6C

Then followed by list
33, 34, 3A, 3B, 51, 52, 53, 2D, 29, 2A, 35, 36, 25

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is certainly generous to call my notes "nice".
Half of them are just straight disassemblies.

If there's unused flags in the weapon attribute table or something else relevant the test could be rewritten to see if your current doodle has the flag set. More conducive to (extensive) modding yet backward compatible. Not sure how vital a concern this is though.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info. Guess I already figured out which gadgets do function, based on which are used that way in missions. I will be running a test sometime tonight, using Pavarini's suggestion. I plan to customize something as a new Safe Cracker image, since GE's beta gadget was just a leather briefcase.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, so I ran the test...

I added a 08 Weapon type, attached to a guard, using the weapon ID of 27 Bomb Defuser. I set him to give it to player at the start of the level. I also made a specific 25 Rename for that item, and made it use the 2D Safe Cracker inventory image. All that did work, but it also made a "pick up" sound effect, which I didn't really enjoy. I checked the inventory, and it did appear as intended. However, it would not activate on the safe. My guess is that it is being identified as the Rename weapon ID now, instead of the original pickup ID. So, at least that particular test resulted in failure.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Set to object (03), flag as 00060000 00000000. Set rename object's inventory image to safe cracker.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

But how will the game know which weapon ID to use as a 03 Standard type? Would it not end up defaulting to whatever you set in the rename? That appears to be how things like the DAT in Aztec are setup. If I set it to be 2D Safe Cracker, than it won't function as a gadget.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

object settings
block settings
video in action

I also replaced the watch model used for the data thief as I don't use it

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't seem to get the video to work, but it seems you are already using a valid gadget: 37 Datathief. That will function normally, even without a Rename object attached to it. Have you tried an invalid gadget ID, such as 25 or 2D? It seems renaming also assigns a new weapon ID to the item. If I need to use 26, 27, 32, 37 or 49, than I am stuck using whatever might be there to begin with (or modified for the compilation).

And to be sure everyone is on the same page...

When I am talking about activating with a gadget, I mean when you press the trigger button (action 5D). You can do it using the reload / action button (action 5C), but not with the trigger. The trigger gadgets are only those listed by SubDrag and myself.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trigger is what I used in the above video. You will have to use the listed items above, or modify the asm to include more IDs.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's what I was thinking, yeah. The compilation already makes use of four of those, that I can recall. I suppose I can modify the Door Decoder, but if eventually another mission is added that uses it, I will need to try and add more ID's to the list.

Any ideas on what the list of ID's that follows the triggered gadgets is for? The only items in it that are even used by any GE mission are the three keys (51, 52, 53). The rest are beta gadgets.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: