ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

CD-Quality GoldenEye 007 Music Revisted
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: CD-Quality GoldenEye 007 Music Revisted Reply with quote Back to top

After making my original GoldenEye 007 recordings I started on Perfect Dark and it was impossible to finish at the time because of how many manual patches I had to make to the MIDI files and other things, which is why the Perfect Dark set has been sitting there stale. Plus I was not sure why certain problems were present (the flat orchestra hit that trillions of people have mentioned was because of a wrong sample, but there were other issues with the balances between instruments, panning, etc.)

I decided to expand and practice making these recordings on other games and then revisit GoldenEye 007 and Perfect Dark after I had both a proper pipeline in place and experience to help me solve these issues and produce better results.

My new GoldenEye 007 set blows the previous one away in all aspects. If you have the previous set around you will be able to very quickly hear how far I have come over the last 2 years. I have made over 1,000 recordings since then and it shows in this new set.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWsnao9n727PT17V5AzCkZYEQqeuVm01E

And now I have a bunch of other games also all recorded with the same quality:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists

So far there is:
Star Fox 64
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
Killer Instinct Gold
GoldenEye 007

Coming VERY soon (in this order):
Diddy Kong Racing ** DONE: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWsnao9n727OwZvkCbzk4zhHish0rt1DX
Mario Kart 64 ** DONE: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWsnao9n727N0kvUyaQ8bVsEw7PKIfZYi
Perfect Dark ** IN-PROGRESS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKK2LofGyFQ

Coming later:
Blast Corps ** DONE: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWsnao9n727P409h_v2pItgObGSMxdZ1A
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Waverace 64
Conker's Bad Fur Day (maybe)
Banjo-Kazooie ** DONE: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWsnao9n727OWhQxTNtrJFWvan9ENsowK
Pilotwings 64 (maybe—I have been unsuccessful in reaching out to Dan Hess so far)
More!

This is now a long-term project of mine to remake the OST's from many games in high quality. I plan on lots of games and may take requests at some point.
I also may do games from other systems later.

For now, enjoy!

L. Spiro

Last edited by L. Spiro on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:56 am; edited 3 times in total

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GoldenEye 007 can be downloaded in raw WAV format here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7jf2d5z3odqr7g/GoldenEye%20007.rar?dl=0

Songs.txt provides details on each file.

Currently on Banjo-Kazooie. Because of the number of songs to record I am putting some of them into the public playlist before the whole set is done.

L. Spiro

fredspider
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is fantastic! I've been listening to those songs in a Loop!

Thanks for sharing this new set.
Very Happy

ctrl_room57
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just OD'd on nostalgia! These are amazing, thank you!

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello. Great work you did there!
But could you somehow release that in FLAC?

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for the delayed answer; I had hoped to post the reply and a new Perfect Dark set together, but I have restarted Perfect Dark once again, with plans to finish this weekend.

The Perfect Dark set is in FLAC.

L. Spiro

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, thank you. The Quality is outstanding from these tracks.
For the first time this music sounds more "stereo". It always sound a little bit "Mono" to me before. Espesially "Dam". Incredible work. Smile
Could you maybe take by any chance a look at "Castlevania: Legacy Of Darkness" or "James Bond: The World is not Enough", both also on the Nintendo 64?
I would love to hear what you could bring out of that.

Edit:
Did you ever released the Blast Corps Set you did before?

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The previous Blast Corps set has been redone.
The current set is linked above. Neither set have been released in WAV or FLAC, as I do not have enough space to keep it online along with the GoldenEye 007.

I can, however, have the collections sent to people via yousendit etc. if I am given an e-mail.

Today I uploaded the first “source” recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJYZaL026Vk&index=66&list=PLWsnao9n727P409h_v2pItgObGSMxdZ1A

This means that it uses the actual source that was sampled to create the in-game sample for that song.

L. Spiro

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just to give an update, since progress on Perfect Dark appears to have stopped while new OST’s are being uploaded.
Perfect Dark is done recording (with over 110 songs to upload), but I have larger plans for the videos and some equipment is on its way.

I will be traveling abroad to undergo a significant life-altering surgery next week. I don’t have the equipment to make the Perfect Dark videos how I want them and instead of making a quick set to be replaced later I have decided to use this time to get in as many small and simple OST’s as I can.

So for the moment I may or may not upload another small OST, then 2 weeks of silence as I recover, followed by Perfect Dark and then business as usual. Note that GoldenEye 007 will actually be redone one final time (no other OST’s are currently slated to be redone).

L. Spiro

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great News.
I really hope that will survive that surgery. Smile
I always mixing for example the "Facility" Track with the "Facility X/Escape" Track.
Good that i waited cause you will release a new version.
Thanks for all.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wishing you the best sire Spiro!

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:41 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote Back to top

Surgery was fine but complications arose later, making it extremely dangerous to fly back to America (and which put me into a South Korean ER via ambulance).
I am almost recovered enough to get on a plane (though it waivers).

Thank you for the wishes (but I should point out that I am a woman).
I think a lot of people think the "L" in L. Spiro stands for "Lord," but "L. Spiro" actually means "Lost Breath," which ironically was why I was in the ER following surgery inside my throat (makes sense).

We have a plan to get me back to America safely, so no worries (aside from the wildfires in Northern California that are getting close to my home (sigh)).

I have decided to add Mario Kart 64 to the list to redo.
GoldenEye 007 will be redone because I found better settings while spending that extra time on Perfect Dark (hence why I restarted it so many times) and I want the same settings applied to GoldenEye 007 so that they can both be like a set that belong together.
Mario Kart 64 sounds muffled or something. I don't know what happened but I can do better.
I am even starting to consider I can do better with Banjo-Kazooie.

But currently GoldenEye 007 and Mario Kart 64 are confirmed slated to be redone, and Turok: Rage Wars will be finished (3 songs are missing).

Can I get an idea of what people would like next?
#1: Redo GoldenEye 007 to match Perfect Dark.
#2: Redo Mario Kart 64.
#3: Add The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (needs recording, will take about 3 weeks).

L. Spiro

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I´m glad you´re back.
Did you have breathing problem?

Please don´t be offended, but i´m now also surprised that
you are a woman. Smile
It´s just the natural thing that for such a project, nobody expects a woman doing this.
I find this very interesting to be honest.
No offense, even when the words come in a different way to you.

To your question regardles what you should do next, i´m happy for all as long as you could give me the files in the end. Wink (If that is not to much for you)
Is it somehow possible to upload the files without converting them to wav? Or is this the way they have to be from your Conversion?

Seeing as you also do Turok: Rage Wars, which is a good idea, i still hope that you will take a look at 007: TWINE and Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion, even when i already said that 1000 times to you.

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I took the name "L. Spiro" when I was around 12 or 13.
When I was 19 my left lung collapsed, causing destiny to be fulfilled.
Then I guess my right side wanted to really hammer in that destiny so it collapsed another 7 times, only stopping after having major intrusive surgery in Japan. They clipped out a spot they thought might be a cyst repeatedly popping and put glue inside my pleural cavity as a final safeguard. My sides are full of scars from chest tubes and surgeries.

Now I just underwent surgery inside my throat. Swelling and phlegm build-up contributed to a perfect storm that nearly suffocated me, and with poor oxygen I can't get on an airplane for obvious reasons. The swelling had to go down by a significant amount before I could get on a plane.

It's almost there and my plane leaves tomorrow. It should be safe by then. At its worst, simply typing a message into my phone at the hospital for the doctors caused me to lose my breath. It was extremely unclear if I could recover from that point to where I need to be for a plane in time for my plane.

"L. Spiro" really is me. Lost breath will always be my curse ("Spiro" is Latin for respirate).

Before leaving for this trip I quickly went over a ton of games to find the simplest tracks to do.
If a set looked complicated at all I quickly moved on.
Since I moved on quickly, I don't remember the details, but Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion looked like one of the most complex sets I have ever seen. Some crazy jump in complexity from the previous games.
Additionally I found new MIDI files from some of these games in a new format that I will have to update my tools to handle properly. I would have done Army Men: Air Combat before I left had it not been for this. Cruis'n USA and Mission Impossible had the same issue, and basically almost every other game I checked.

Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion will come, but it may be a while, and later there will be some down-time as I update my tools to handle the 2nd type of MIDI files.

The final product of this process is always a WAV file, which I convert to FLAC to send to people.
There are no intermediate formats that could be played back by any other means.

L. Spiro

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GoldenEye 007 redone: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWsnao9n727PT17V5AzCkZYEQqeuVm01E (same link as before).
It was re-recorded with the same settings as Perfect Dark so as to make them a consistent set.

The equipment I need for the Perfect Dark videos does not work and there will be no service until Monday.

The Mario Kart 64 set has been redone (link above is still valid).
While listening to all my songs during my 2-week trip to South Korea I couldn’t stand how muffled the Mario Kart 64 set was. I couldn’t tolerate listening to any of them, including Victory Lap, which is a very important song for me to enjoy—it’s one of the best in video-game history.

If I can’t stand my own recording of Victory Lap, there is a problem.

But as it turns out the Mario Kart 64 OST itself simply is muddy and muffled.

Enough of that crap. The world deserves better.

So the above (first post) Mario Kart 64 link will take you to my redone set.
Compare it to the game, CD release, or any other recording from the actual Mario Kart 64 OST and you will find a lack of mud and muffle, instead replaced with crispness, clarity, and brightness.

Enjoy that Rainbow Road and Victory Lap, for the first time ever this crisp, clear, and bright.

This was all done in a 33-hour marathon after returning back to America.
Time for sleep.

L. Spiro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: