ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would rather them be kept, big fan of the "old" theme. sucks i can't use it for everything.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any way to make these level slots work, they all have "Invalid Will Crash" in the text file slot but you are unable to change it, if you could and you added a new text file for that slot would it then work or is there more involved?

level slots: 14,16,18,1B,1D,1F,20,21,23,24,25

oh and the themes are very cool but if its problematic, it wouldn't bother me to much if it went.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I liked how the themes looked, but I ended up going back to the default style. Not sure if it was performance related or why exactly, though I made the decision to lose them for a reason.

00action: You will also be missing memory allocations for those level IDs. There is only one extra that isn't used by the game under normal means, and that is Citadel. You could steal a few from multiplayer, but then those ones could end up crashing, or having blackouts and other rendering / texture issues.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's a shame and I never realized that allocation affected other levels. probably why I've had issues in the past.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Coockie1173
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Would it be possible to add a button that applies the footsteps patch? It would be a lot easier for me, because I often just forget to pick the patches rom.

------------------------------
Contact me:
discord: Coockie1173#8187

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On msstyles support: I will keep the feature - but there will be one msstyle skin for the entire editor instead of per game. This is to ensure consistency between all game windows [not to mention, most were unfinished or ugly]. The default will be a slightly modified version of the current GE skin as it's the easiest on the eyes

Coockie: It's more complicated than applying some code changes, there are some files that have been changed too. It would need to be in a form of a automatic xdelta patch applied - I would first need to ask permission from Zoinkity and others if I am to include it

Coockie1173
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this happens from time to time when in the visual editor. I have no clue what causes it, but it makes my display freeze up for X amount of seconds

Contact me:

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's never happened to me so I can't debug it - sorry

Coockie1173
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
It's never happened to me so I can't debug it - sorry

no worries, it fixes itself after a couple seconds, just thought I'd let you know it happens

Contact me:

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just want to say Carnivorous, if you ever need any help with small stuff here and there feel free to reach out to me.

The GESetupEditor is a huge project and I know you already have several projects you're responsible for, so taking over this one was no doubt a large sacrifice for the community. I'd say we all owe it to you to chip in where we can! Of course it would make things easier if Subby Wubby would just open source the editor so we could do pull requests but what can you do.

Outside of that, it's okay to keep a bug tracker and just handle problems when you have time. I maybe came off as kind of demanding with my UI overhaul request, and I'm sorry if that was the case. There's no deadlines with a project like this so if you have other stuff you have to take care of it's okay to save the large stuff for much later down the road. I'm just happy that this program continues to be worked on, so please do whatever it takes to keep your sanity and avoid getting burned out. It's a big complicated project, and everyone wants it to be better. However, I know I speak for most people when I say we don't mind if we have to wait a long time for those improvements. Feel free to take as much time as you need, this stuff is supposed to be fun to work on, not stressful.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've restructured the editor directory. It's gone from 608 items to 50 items. And now when tagging objects, it checks if the object is already tagged. If so, it'll show this dialog window. I've also fixed windows skinning issues with SNAP/SSB.

And just to be clear, V3 is feature locked and finished. You'll have to wait for V4 for these new features.

Quote:
I maybe came off as kind of demanding with my UI overhaul request, and I'm sorry if that was the case.

The UI is awful and it needs to be overhauled. I've always said that the worst aspect of the editor is the interface, and it absolutely needs to be rewritten from the ground up.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

About that duplicate tagged object thing... That only applies for the GE side, right? PD's tagged objects can be re-mapped, so objects with multiple tags are necessary. For example, dD Investigation's tagged objects 07 and 0F are linked to the same object, but get re-assigned in Action Block 100C for the experiments objective.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the heads up - I've removed it for PD

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In the PD model editor it will crash when editing the shotgun in visual. This occurs on a stock rom.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

4.0 beta will be uploaded next week/the week after. It won't have the planned UI rework or tutorial mode - just many bug fixes related to file operations.
Quote:
In the PD model editor it will crash when editing the shotgun in visual. This occurs on a stock rom.

It appears that this has been the case since 2017 builds. I'll look into this now, thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 46 of 107

Jump to: