ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corfix
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can we still use the BetaGrabberTool or do we need to download the latest beta at github. If so how do you add the beta to the editor

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you are using SubDrag's last build then it will be checking the beta hosted on GoldenEyeVault.com which is dated Sept 14 - if you download from github it should be the final 3V dated 6 Oct. If you want to update to final 3V you can use the installer or extract the exes from the zip archive. You will also need to extract SkinFramework1850vc120.dll and ChartPro1850vc120.dll for the new version

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So I've finally got the opportunity to use the new editor and can I first of say that things seem to go a lot faster! I look forward to digging further into it.

Naturally I've hit an issue Wink It'd seem that adding new textures to Perfect Dark in the beta version of the editor is fine, but upon writing a new Rom with changes the editor crashes. Now I've been adding 15 colour bitmaps and setting transparency inside the editor to each, but it seems to still crash regardless of setting transparency. This issue doesn't appear to happen on the standard editor in your present build.

Another little question: Is it possible to import vertex alpha as part of the FBX? I don't seem to be able to get it to work, but there's every possibility that it's not exporting correctly on my end.

Last edited by MRKane on Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CrashOveride wrote:
In the PD model editor it will crash when editing the shotgun in visual. This occurs on a stock rom.

Fixed - was crashing because some models will reuse DL commands between primary\secondary draws.
MRKane wrote:
Naturally I've hit an issue ;) It'd seem that adding new textures to Perfect Dark in the beta version of the editor is fine, but upon writing a new Rom with changes the editor crashes. Now I've been adding 15 colour bitmaps and setting transparency inside the editor to each, but it seems to still crash regardless of setting transparency.

Thanks, I've fixed this in V4. You'll have to use SubDrag's build for now - sorry!
MRKane wrote:
Another little question: Is it possible to import vertex alpha as part of the FBX? I don't seem to be able to get it to work, but there's every possibility that it's not exporting correctly on my end.

FBX import supports vertex alpha

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok - I think that vertex alpha question was an issue on my end, because naturally Blender doesn't support vertex alphas, and the closest I can get is less than optimal. As a suggestion would it be possible to make it so that the "Vertice Coloring Dlg" has a few extra options to ease use? I'd suggest layers such as:
-Operate on All/Primary/Secondary/Specific Texture

I know it's a pretty hefty ask but figured that while I thought about it, it might be worth bringing up Smile

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll see if it can be added, I haven't look at that portion of the code base yet

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No problem Smile I'll continue to try and drill down into what I suspect could be a glitch with the path importing and flick a message through when I've finally got a finger on it.

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ran into another one today - the current build of the Perfect Dark editor cannot seem to import FBX files as level geometry, and junks out with a complaint pertaining to ObjToAn8, is there a way I can get more information to provide to you about this? The editor could really do with a debug.log to assist with these sort of things to come to think of it.

Making this extra-amusing the old builds of the editor seem to have no issue importing FBX as geometry, and I can confirm that the editor correctly handles vertex colour alphas Smile

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tested this and confirmed V4 works with 'Convert Model File to Level and export (if already added textures)', including importing decals with 50% alpha. Unfortunately you'll have to continue using the old version until V4 beta is released. And just to note, the included Obj2An8 is not FBX supported due to legal requirements for the FBX SDK. You will need to replace it with the one from the github readme

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not to worry, I'll work across the different editors Smile Glad to hear that you're so on top of things here and haven't grown sick of all the chatter yet!

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok. I finally managed to put a finger on things. It'd appear that the editor doesn't import vertex alpha in FBX in the correct order, resulting in intended transparencies shifting position around faces. I've been able to confirm this with examples exported to Unity where vertex alphas appear to be as intended.

Given that the editor is using the FBX SDK I really wouldn't know how to advise progressing in this situation short of recommending that I change my workflow because nobody else is using functionality like this Wink

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I figured I would post all the changes I've made since V3. The first thing I did was restructured the editor directory. This was more work than expected, as the editor assumes most files are located within the main directory. I also had to test every feature to check for any missed files. I also came across some file operation bugs such as JFG text editing, which I've fixed. File extensions are used by default, and fixed many cases when saving\loading did not use the correct extensions. I've fixed midi playback where instruments would not properly reset between songs. LightSources.txt importing has been fixed for project mode [when dragging the project file over the editor]. SNAP randomly crashing has also been fixed by increasing heap allocations. Tagged text has been improved - it's less thick on the z-axis and the size scales with the map. I've also change the color to orange for readability [example 1 - example 2]

And as mentioned before, loading PD's shotgun with the model editor has been fixed. This was caused by the model issuing a F3D command then switching to secondary draw. It's supposed to carry over the command state but the editor ignores commands between primary/secondary draws. This has been fixed with the help of SubDrag [thank you!].

Visual Window text is now set to draw with anti-aliasing [comparison - 2x scale]

V4 beta might take longer than expected [early next month]. I have some stuff that need to be fixed before releasing

MRKane wrote:
Ok. I finally managed to put a finger on things. It'd appear that the editor doesn't import vertex alpha in FBX in the correct order, resulting in intended transparencies shifting position around faces. I've been able to confirm this with examples exported to Unity where vertex alphas appear to be as intended.

Given that the editor is using the FBX SDK I really wouldn't know how to advise progressing in this situation short of recommending that I change my workflow because nobody else is using functionality like this ;)

If this is a bug regarding Obj2An8 then I cannot fix it, but I would need to test further to be sure where in the chain it is breaking. From my own experience using XSI to FBX, I can confirm that it does work. But there might be a weird edge case where it does break.

Last edited by Carnivorous on Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I realise I was terribly imprecise with my description! As a programmer myself I should be ashamed!

Ok, replication pathway is:
Room primaries
Alpha painted room secondaries with vertex colours containing alphas

Expected results:
Editor imports with alphas as painted inside blender. Cross-checked with Unity and assumed FBX export is correct as have the same results inside Unity as I do in the editor.

Checks/Considerations:
This is an experimental plugin making up for a missing aspect of Blender so there's every possibility the spanner is in the works there.
Have tried painting objects with test patterns and found that the colours themselves assign correctly, but the alphas do not.

Would a few test-exports help? Smile

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes tests files would help. A single room would be good to check with

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, this is one room that I've been having issues with (actually I've been having issues with all secondaries that have been painted). I've included the textures used in this as the editor doesn't seem happy without them (but you kind of need the modified rom to see it displayed correctly). The textures file to use is textureModification.txt, and I've also included an image of how the alphas should appear based off of how they're painted in Blender.

There's also every possibility that you won't have this issue with the present version of the editor and if that's the case then it's all good and I'll wait Smile

https://we.tl/t-X1UeCdw49x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 47 of 107

Jump to: