ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Custom Levels in Hi-res?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lukas01
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Custom Levels in Hi-res? Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone!
So SubDrag and Trevor I believe raised the bar by creating the hi-res Goldeneye to play on the N64 and of course it looks amazing, only recently I came across the post by pavarini on his hi-res version using Zoinkity's 8MB patch, which runs very well on the orginal hardware, and again many thanks guys for the great work.
But i wanted to ask if you could to play these awesome custom levels at a higher resolution? It didnt seem i could do anything through tools or game configuation to make this a possibilty, but this would make and look sooo much better to play!
Cool

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carn's fork of the editor should have a "Make hires" button in game config if using the 8MB patch

Lukas01
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the reply, oh i see, Im a bit stuck though.. so do i firstly (if at all) apply the hi res IPS to the custom level to create the rom then upload it with the game config?..i noticed by doing this i didnt see a 'Make hires' button option.
I also using the beta edition as well..not sure what carn's fork actually is lol sorry editor novice here. Cool

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

https://github.com/carnivoroussociety/GoldEditor Install this
First the 8MB patch must be applied if it's not: http://n64vault.com/ge-misc:8-meg-goldeneye
Then open game config:
"Make Rom Hires 240p" should be at the bottom:
click it once then click

Lukas01
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Crashoveride! your a legend thankyou! I was obvously using a older/another editor so it wouldnt been possible to make this a possibilty, i tried all sorts of ideas for hours lol thank you mate!
looks amazing on a framemeister!

Lukas01
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Japanese Temple is a great level by Coockie and pleased to say this is the mod i really wanted to play in Hi-Res so thanks again!
There has been a few problems with Mountain base and a few others (screen jolting heavily or not starting) but if you know any solutions please let us know. cheers
Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: