ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

https://ko-fi.com/ pls

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've made the decision to carry over SoX convert for other games. At the moment GE and DKR sound editors have been completed and tested. I still have the other 5 games to support. I've added the ability to toggle adaptive EQ for SoX, however I recommend keeping it on as it restores the loss of high end from the N64 output/resampling.

And I have updated the beta grabber to restart the editor when launched from within the editor. You'll need to redownload V4 full install to get the new version.

As for donations - I don't feel comfortable accepting as it isn't my work to begin with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's your work now.

I think it's perfectly fine to take donations and go in whatever direction you feel is right. You're the one putting your time and effort into this thing so it's okay to take a bit of thanks from the community now and then.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MICKEY/JFG/SNAP sound editors has been updated. The interface is using the same from GE and now has the ability to set sample rate. I have also carried over SoX convert from GE, but I had to disable raw audio buttons.

For some wondering why raw audio was removed from some games - it's a uncommon format which is only supported by GE/DKR. For the other games you can only use VADPCM audio.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Apologies for the less frequent updates for this month, I'm currently away on business until December.

All sound editors have been finished. SoX convert now has the ability to set between 3 different frequencies for convert and import. I suggest staying with the default 16 kHz as it's least likely to cause audio drop outs.

Pokemon Snap appears to have hardcoded the sfx instrument bank to always playback at 32 kHz, so I've removed setting frequency for this game. Super Smash Bros has an internal microcode that is used to lookup the sfx instrument bank settings, which requires reverse engineering. Until I figured it out, it will be locked.

Here is the roadmap for 4.0
Code:
* Sound Editor: Fix GE crashing when adding large audio files
* Action Editor: Use 21990 sound editor to play previews (if user opened level via 21990)
* Weapon Microcode: Add sfx preview
* GE/PD: Increase ROM size support up to 64MB
* Update all ROM save/load to use multiple ROM extensions
* Visual Editor: Add filters to paintbrush dialog
* GE 21990: Readd 480p buttons
* Image Editor: Add bulk texture import
* Reverse SSB internal audio table
* Extend GE animation table to support more slots
* Visual Editor: Create sane presets for all door types
* Model Editor: Add environmental mapping to PD's preview window
* Visual Editor: Add a interactive tutorial for GE/PD

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Apologies for the less frequent updates for this month, I'm currently away on business until December.

That's all right, no rush.
Good luck!

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

when editing a model in visual window in DKR mode the editor crashes. Is this a known bug?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm unable to recreate this. Does it crash when you load any model?

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, occurs on a stock rom.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is your ROM 'Diddy Kong Racing (U) (M2) (V1.0) [!]'?

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess not

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Diddy Kong Racing (U) (M2) (V1.0) [!].z64

The third Google result gets you it lamottjackson

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I want to put forward a quick update note Smile Don't worry - it's all good!

So the problem I was experiencing importing paths from obj appears to be rectified in the latest beta. Not only are they importing without flipping but I cannot cause the lockup I kept experiencing previously. Thank you so much for addressing that! I'll have to push forward with this mod now and put my money where my mouth is!!!

Also, in typical fashion I can't seem to get any vertex alphas working now, but I'm not sure if it's my end or something else Sad

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

For PD you must set the texture to 'transparent' for importing. You can do this by adding the word transparent to the texture filename and reference that within your model/texture.txt file. This will tell the editor to use a vertex alpha combiner on import. If that fails try right clicking in room position mode and clicking triangle tools>reordering all triangles. If this still does not work I can look into it next month [sorry]

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've had a look at it and I can paint on Alphas in the editor, also had a bit of a play with the triangle options, and verified that the model was correct using Unity. I know this is a crazy edge-case thing that nobody else seems to be using and there are much more important things to be working on!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 49 of 107

Jump to: