ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:
some things that I see as possible:
- ability to modify jump height by pressing R to skid.
- that among the items that can touch you randomly in GP mode it is possible that you can touch the triple items that are in the menu cheats (but without the game can consider that a triple cheat item has been activated).

It might be easier to use a gameshark code or alter the MIPS as a patch

SATURN_81 wrote:
some things that I find difficult to apply:
- the ability to be able to fight in GP mode against a CPU that handles the characters, the 3 nephews and the Professor.
- in GP mode for 1 player, to be able to extend the number of runners in the race to more than 6 runners.
- in GP mode for 2 players, the power to make them participate at least as a minimum of 6 characters (including between them player 1 and 2), since the current way in which this in the game is a simple VS mode, the GP mode for 2 players should look like Mario Kart 64.

I don't know how well the engine will deal with more characters, or if there is enough memory. It's unlikely that this will be added to the editor

SATURN_81 wrote:
in the option "Unlock all Levels and Characters", if you have a saved game with the character Professor Von Drake unlocked, this will be replaced by the character Huey (the nephew of the red cap), this makes it impossible to have all the characters unlocked. (I have come to think that perhaps MSU was not prepared to keep all the characters on the selection screen, but I do not know if this is true).

The unlock all characters appears to be lacking Von Drake, I'll add this to the unlock cheat soon. Thanks for the feedback

SATURN_81 wrote:
before requesting the extension of the list of sounds, it seemed that the list of sounds was smaller and had little to choose. since you told me the number 109E, I think I see now the list much wider and with more sounds than before. thank you for having increased it.

The sound list was not changed, perhaps you had selected one of the many midi instrument banks which have their own sub-set of samples. Instrument bank 0 contains all in-game sound effects [as with all supported games]

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

- the ability to fight in GP mode against a CPU that handles the characters, the 3 nephews and the Professor. by this I mean to be able to fight against a CPU that handles these special characters to make the game a little more difficult, because always in the normal game you only play against a CPU that handles Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, and Pete, because of this the difficulty does not increase because they are normal characters not secret. whenever you choose a character the CPU always chooses the same characters, this makes that if I choose Dewey as a character in any race I will be put as a competitor to Pete (even in different trophies). therefore I would also like to suggest that you add something to the editor so that the rom has the behavior for each race or trophy to choose the characters of the CPU at random.

- It seems that in any emulator, nor with any plugin I can get you to see the numbers of the "digital velocimeter" when I activate this cheat.I've always wanted to use this, but I've never been able to do it.

- taking into account the above, I know where are the textures or sprites of the analog velocimeter. can you add an analog velocimeter that has the numbers to mark the speed?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
- the ability to fight in GP mode against a CPU that handles the characters, the 3 nephews and the Professor. by this I mean to be able to fight against a CPU that handles these special characters to make the game a little more difficult, because always in the normal game you only play against a CPU that handles Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, and Pete, because of this the difficulty does not increase because they are normal characters not secret. whenever you choose a character the CPU always chooses the same characters, this makes that if I choose Dewey as a character in any race I will be put as a competitor to Pete (even in different trophies). therefore I would also like to suggest that you add something to the editor so that the rom has the behavior for each race or trophy to choose the characters of the CPU at random.

I'll consider it for the future
Quote:
- It seems that in any emulator, nor with any plugin I can get you to see the numbers of the "digital velocimeter" when I activate this cheat.I've always wanted to use this, but I've never been able to do it.

I can confirm that it does work using the unlock all feature for the editor. Press C-right to toggle between mini-map and speedometer
Quote:
- taking into account the above, I know where are the textures or sprites of the analog velocimeter. can you add an analog velocimeter that has the numbers to mark the speed?

The speedometer is coded in a way which can only display the analog speedometer or digital, not at the same time. The digital speedometer will truncate the player's speed down to integer from float. You can see this in action @ 803BE330 in-game. I don't know the engine enough to implement this feature so I will have to decline

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thank you for looking at unlocking all the characters, but the same problem happens again, but now with a different character, ie a character like Professor von Drake replaces another, now replaces Huey, which makes Huey can not be chosen. i think the select character screen was purposely programmed to keep up to a maximum of 9 characters (so there's always one to show that's not shown), i think this was purposely programmed for the player to be forced to buy an addictional GameBoy accessory to unlock your Huey character. if you could keep all 10 characters on the selection screen would be ideal.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The character selection screen can show 10 characters - I need to patch additional code to show all characters. I'll fix this soon

Edit - done. SSB now has an unlock all button. Thanks to SubDrag for providing the codes

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hello, thank you for the quick change to allow the 10 characters to be selectable in MSU, I really didn't expect it to be that fast.

I have some suggestions for DKR and MSU. I don't think there are too many suggestions in MSU as it is limited in the number of vehicles and game modes (GP,Time Trials,VS and Battle). DKR however despite having only the Aventure modes, Time Trials, the 5 bosses and the 4 levels of Battle, is more diverse in other aspects and driving several vehicles gives more freedom.

Suggestions for DKR:

- be able to get the Car vehicle to jump like the Hovercraft vehicle does by pressing the R button.
- ability to increase in the Editor the distance that a vehicle travels when it has stepped on the item "puddle of oil", to allow you to lose control of the vehicle and that it gets off the road. (currently when you step on a puddle of oil the vehicle does not travel too far and is practically braked where you stepped on the puddle)
- a CPU-controlled player or character falls at a slightly different distance when it flips in the air as a result of being hit by a missile-type item (this is what happens in MK64 when a character is hit). currently in both DKR and MSU the hit character falls almost in the same place where it was hit.

suggestions for MSU:

- ability to increase in the Editor the distance a vehicle travels when it has stepped on the item "puddle of oil", to allow it to lose control of the vehicle and that it gets off the road. (currently when you step in a puddle of oil the vehicle does not travel too far and is practically braked where you stepped on the puddle).
-increase the limit of coins you can collect and win a retry when you have collected 30, 40 or 50 coins (something similar to Mario Kart de Snes).
- The ability to decide in the editor what kind of damage you want each item to do, for example if you want the player to turn on himself or from somersaults in the air when hit by a remote-controlled car or remote-controlled plane.
- the remote-controlled car and remote-controlled plane items are weapons that don't have much difference between them. i wonder if it's possible to make the remote-controlled plane item behave like an MK64 Blue Shell by hitting everyone in its path until it hits the first player? another suggestion about this is to see if you can change the objective of this item so that it looks for and addresses the player who is in the first position.
- a CPU-controlled player or character falls at a slightly different distance when it flips in the air as a result of being hit by a missile-type item (this is what happens in MK64 when a character is hit). currently in both DKR and MSU the hit character falls almost in the same place where it was hit.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just finished the last level of my multiplayer compilation with Editor v3. Then decided to give v4 a try in order to make some vertex alpha gradients. I updated to last beta and ran the runwaysetupeditor.exe

I was editing directly from the rom through 'Game Configuration' -> 'Stage Options' -> 'Edit Level in Visual'. I followed the steps mentioned in the previous messages and the alpha gradients looked right in Visual Editor. But when I do 'Import Setup/Level from Visual' the alpha gradients are missing in Visual Editor and the seconday tris aren't showing on emulator and there's some wireframe garbage on console.
I realized that 'Apply Alpha to Vertex' and 'Apply to Env Color' are check again after importing and that Cycle 2 preset in Combiner changes to Normal Texture VertexAlpha 2. It happens everytime when importing.

At first I tried with 'Top Flag' on but then realized that in this image it was off. So I tried again with no luck.
Is vertex alpha gradient supported for GoldenEye or is it just for Perfect Dark? If it's available then, what I'm doing wrong?

The texture is a 32x32 4 bit color, type 460A. It mipmaps correctly on console.
Here are my texture settings
How it should look if done right
Secondary geometry
Primary triangles

Thanks in advance.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi. I finally got around to installing the editor and ran into a couple oddities. When the menu for the file association icon chooser popped up, it appeared too small and required me to press tab to scroll down to the Next and Exit buttons. The window clearly fits the size of my monitor, so it can't be because my resolution is too low, right (1440x900)? A quick fix would be to make the icon chooser window resizable.

Also, it says to select the following option to launch the program after the installer is exited, but there is no option following. Kind of silly!

That is all. It appears to have installed correctly. Have a nice day!

Edit: Oh, your Beta Grabber Tool (Nov. 3) can't find any betas to download. Is this normal for now?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:
Suggestions for DKR:

- be able to get the Car vehicle to jump like the Hovercraft vehicle does by pressing the R button.
- ability to increase in the Editor the distance that a vehicle travels when it has stepped on the item "puddle of oil", to allow you to lose control of the vehicle and that it gets off the road. (currently when you step on a puddle of oil the vehicle does not travel too far and is practically braked where you stepped on the puddle)

suggestions for MSU:

- ability to increase in the Editor the distance a vehicle travels when it has stepped on the item "puddle of oil", to allow it to lose control of the vehicle and that it gets off the road. (currently when you step in a puddle of oil the vehicle does not travel too far and is practically braked where you stepped on the puddle).
-increase the limit of coins you can collect and win a retry when you have collected 30, 40 or 50 coins (something similar to Mario Kart de Snes).
- The ability to decide in the editor what kind of damage you want each item to do, for example if you want the player to turn on himself or from somersaults in the air when hit by a remote-controlled car or remote-controlled plane.
- the remote-controlled car and remote-controlled plane items are weapons that don't have much difference between them. i wonder if it's possible to make the remote-controlled plane item behave like an MK64 Blue Shell by hitting everyone in its path until it hits the first player? another suggestion about this is to see if you can change the objective of this item so that it looks for and addresses the player who is in the first position.

Many of those features would be better to implement as a ROM hack rather than adding it into the editor. I also don't know anything about DKR/MSU engine so I would need to reverse a lot of the core mechanics in order to implement such features. Maybe I'll get around to adding them in the future when I am not so focused on GE/PD, but for now I have to decline.
Sogun wrote:
I just finished the last level of my multiplayer compilation with Editor v3. Then decided to give v4 a try in order to make some vertex alpha gradients. I updated to last beta and ran the runwaysetupeditor.exe

I was editing directly from the rom through 'Game Configuration' -> 'Stage Options' -> 'Edit Level in Visual'. I followed the steps mentioned in the previous messages and the alpha gradients looked right in Visual Editor. But when I do 'Import Setup/Level from Visual' the alpha gradients are missing in Visual Editor and the seconday tris aren't showing on emulator and there's some wireframe garbage on console.
I realized that 'Apply Alpha to Vertex' and 'Apply to Env Color' are check again after importing and that Cycle 2 preset in Combiner changes to Normal Texture VertexAlpha 2. It happens everytime when importing.

At first I tried with 'Top Flag' on but then realized that in this image it was off. So I tried again with no luck.
Is vertex alpha gradient supported for GoldenEye or is it just for Perfect Dark? If it's available then, what I'm doing wrong?

The texture is a 32x32 4 bit color, type 460A. It mipmaps correctly on console.
Here are my texture settings
How it should look if done right
Secondary geometry
Primary triangles

Thanks in advance.

Vertex alpha is only supported for PD. GE will break fogging and isn't supported, but if you still want to do it match these settings within the replace texture dialog. Otherwise you're better off using alpha within the texture to do gradient effects.

Lazlo52 wrote:
Hi. I finally got around to installing the editor and ran into a couple oddities. When the menu for the file association icon chooser popped up, it appeared too small and required me to press tab to scroll down to the Next and Exit buttons. The window clearly fits the size of my monitor, so it can't be because my resolution is too low, right (1440x900)? A quick fix would be to make the icon chooser window resizable.

Also, it says to select the following option to launch the program after the installer is exited, but there is no option following. Kind of silly!

That is all. It appears to have installed correctly. Have a nice day!

Edit: Oh, your Beta Grabber Tool (Nov. 3) can't find any betas to download. Is this normal for now?

The beta updater should look like this. If it isn't then the beta updater/github.com is being blocked. I've passed on the file association icon chooser issue to trevor, and I've replaced the ending text for the installer, thank you.

Last edited by Carnivorous on Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lazlo52 wrote:
When the menu for the file association icon chooser popped up, it appeared too small and required me to press tab to scroll down to the Next and Exit buttons. The window clearly fits the size of my monitor, so it can't be because my resolution is too low, right (1440x900)? A quick fix would be to make the icon chooser window resizable.

Can I ask you, what OS are you running, what DPI is your monitor set to? (If win 10, its usually 150% so try setting it to 100%)
I deliberately didn't make the chooser resizable since the installer isn't either. However my alternative is to ignore dpi and enforce 100% (96dpi)

In fact... yes, I can pretty much guess you are running at least 200% which on a 640x480 window = 1280x960 which overflows your screen by 60px.

Lazlo52 wrote:

where is this?

Latest beta is 8th Dec
Latest Installer is 20th Oct
You should have a beta available

Trev

Sogun, As Carn has said, you need to disable fog for alpha gradient to work in GE (both places, rendermode and geometrymode)
The reason is FOG - that is RSP fog - is calculated and placed on each vertex alpha channel with 255 = full fog, 0 = no fog.
If you use vertex alpha you will see the geometry vanish as you get closer.

PD supports vertex alpha because it doesn't use FOG, rather its room based (as opposed to vertex based) and updates gDPSetFogColour() itself per room.
Objects in both GE and PD use the same technique.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lazlo52 wrote:

Github had an upload issue for the last beta, it's fixed now - thanks

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
Can I ask you, what OS are you running, what DPI is your monitor set to? (If win 10, its usually 150% so try setting it to 100%)
I deliberately didn't make the chooser resizable since the installer isn't either. However my alternative is to ignore dpi and enforce 100% (96dpi)

I'm on Windows 8.0 and my "size of all items" is at 100%. I think that's what you mean. I do admit, the text for the icon chooser seemed rather big, but everything in general on this monitor is smaller than I'm used to. I haven't changed any of the text size settings, so that should all be default.

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Stray thought: Is there any way to know the lengths of paths in the editor? Smile

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
Stray thought: Is there any way to know the lengths of paths in the editor? :)

Open the preset editor and use trig to calculate distance on X/Z plane

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lazlo, have you tried latest installer?

I don't beleve your monitor was set to 100% (which = 96dpi) because that would mean the installer window would be only 640x480 and you said your monitor was 1440x900 which is more than enough room.
Perhaps you have 2 monitors and are currently using the "secondary" monitor?

Anyway, regardless the installer now forces 96dpi, however at this time PG cannot force 96dpi so you may still see cut-off dialogs overflowing your monitor.

[for those inclined to know, this is an abstract of the original dpi checker which is now forced 96 (12px font instead of 8pt (pt scales with dpi))]
Code:

'100% = 96, 125% = 120, 150% = 144, 175% = 168, 200% = 192
'AppliedDPI is set on logoff, if user change - must logoff to effect
AppDPI = objShell.RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics\" & "AppliedDPI")
width_pixels  = DESIGN_WIDTH / DESIGN_DPI * AppDPI
height_pixels = DESIGH_HEIGHT / DESIGN_DPI * AppDPI
if height_pixels => (screen.height) then height_pixels = (screen.height)
Window.ResizeTo width_pixels, height_pixels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 51 of 107

Jump to: