ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Diddy Kong Racing Discord (N64 Vault Discord now)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Diddy Kong Racing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sixty four
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject: Diddy Kong Racing Discord (N64 Vault Discord now) Reply with quote Back to top

I have made a discord for Diddy Kong Racing last night I didn't notice one for it yet. Thought I would share it here since there seems to be some action for it. I have made a editing section for it also. I have fooled around with the editor some and I played all the levels made for it on the goldeneyevault. Feel free to join, it is also for general Diddy Kong Racing fans. You could suggest things and help mold it since it is new right now.

Nice to see things worked on for this game. I'm a pretty big DKR fan Razz

https://discord.gg/Ha6Us26

Last edited by sixty four on Tue May 14, 2019 3:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

sixty four
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While this discord is still heavily based on DKR. It has self rounded itself to support all of the games the setup editor supports. Diddy Kong Racing, Mickey's Speedway USA, Super Smash Bros, Jetforce Gemini, GE-PD, and Pokemon Snap.

JFG and Snap don't get much action but there's at least people interested in them there.

There's sections for each.

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey nice!!! I was thinking of ripping one of the Beetle Racing maps for the game actually, and also wondering if it could be modified to behave like Sonic Racing Transformed Very Happy

Also, I didn't know that much headway had been made into Super Smash Bros?

sixty four
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
Hey nice!!! I was thinking of ripping one of the Beetle Racing maps for the game actually, and also wondering if it could be modified to behave like Sonic Racing Transformed Very Happy

Also, I didn't know that much headway had been made into Super Smash Bros?

That's funny you're the second person who brought up Beetle racing in DKR lol. I could try to help I'm not that familiar with the game myself. Some of the tracks look a lot more realistic compared to DKR style. But it should be do able. Modifying the behavior isn't going to be an editor thing. That's going to involve very tough asm hacking hunting.

Super Smash is going decently I gotta say and its brought a lot more members and interest into the discord.

MRKane

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually given the "ground only" nature of Beetle it probably wouldn't work that well if players can select aircraft - but it is a truly fantastic game.

Pertaining to Smash: I had a little tinker with it about a year ago but was unable to find an entry point for anything besides tweaking character stats. The game looked like a true mess of blues with its setup which does make things rather difficult! I'll be keen to keep a finger on the pulse (or so to speak) Very Happy

Out of interest - what is the editor that's used for SSB? I'd love to check it out!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I made a quick tutorial for SSB, hopefully over time it improves, but it should be enough to get started.

http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=486

sixty four
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This Discord has changed even more and not heavily based on solely DKR. I've removed general dkr topics and just made a global general board. And then there is boards for each game the editor supports in there respective orders. The discord is now named N64 Vault.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Diddy Kong Racing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: