ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Had a thought today. Is there any benefit to splitting GE:X down the middle to where we'd have one patch devoted to Singleplayer, COOP, and Counter-OP and the other for Virtual Reality/Multiplayer? I'm no expert on this subject but if we were to do this would that allow for more content to be put into each patch such as maps, heads, bodies, weapons, etc? We'd remove everything that doesn't involve MP in the SP patch except for the things they both share and vice versa for the SP patch with MP stuff in it.

That way each patch gets focused on individually instead of cramming both SP and MP into one patch and having to worry about working on both at the same time.

Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think Wreck wasn't keen if it was possible to keep it together. I suspect that once the game has been split then making the same tweaks on both will probably get a bit complicated. That being said, this is more or less exactly what I envisaged Golden Dark being - a multiplayer game with the best of both games but with no real single player.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Reyn wrote:
I think Wreck wasn't keen if it was possible to keep it together. I suspect that once the game has been split then making the same tweaks on both will probably get a bit complicated. That being said, this is more or less exactly what I envisaged Golden Dark being - a multiplayer game with the best of both games but with no real single player.

Not exactly, the main thing both would share are the character selections and the weapons which only applies to those in the campaign.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, but changes done "under the hood" would need to be applied to both separated ROMs. Weapons have a lot going on, and having to edit the same thing into both every time would be incredibly frustrating. Animations, fire / reload microcodes, sounds, etc. It would be better to focus on the project as a whole, and then start expanding on a multi specific version after.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fair enough, just worried about hitting the limit is all. I was thinking it would be cool to get a couple weapons, maps, and even some villains from a few well known Bond games but we're pretty tight on space as is. I'd love to think of GE:X as the ultimate James Bond experience with what I mentioned above and the already awesome Multi play we have right now but then there's always the issue of running out of space that is constantly looming over the project. Sucks we don't have the source code.

I'll say this though some people won't agree with me, if we ever have space issues I think the Christmas stuff like the Rudolph, Santa head + suit, and the map should go first. Not that they'd be gone entirely, I'd much rather have a holiday themed patch with those three things and more instead of just an update with a few holiday themed items.

I do have to say, if you (Wreck) are planning on releasing your work on GE:X + the documentation once the project is done it would be awesome to have a special GoldenEye X Solo and Multi section on the Vault. Would be phenomenal to play all of my favorite Solo and Multi levels from GE on the improved GE:X given the original authors take the time to import them. I'd love to see projects like Goldfinger 64 ported to GE:X with all new reloads and everything!

Dylan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey! Just here to check in on how things are going. I figure not terribly much has been done but I just thought I'd swing by to ask. Hope all is well!

MJ Bond
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I check this forum from time to time. How's the project going? I'll be checking out 5e pretty soon. Hope all is well!

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Everything's fine, Wreck is still alive.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, the old ticker is still ticking. I plan to return to GE-X after I have released the first Compilation Pack patch, and finish up a map for Perfect Dark Plus that has been shelved for too long. I have already done the majority of work on that, so hopefully it won't take long to finish up.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been learning allot about action blocks in the last few weeks and I'm really enjoying them, I could try and help with mission setups if you like?
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anything happening on Goldeneye X lately? Also, is Wreck ok? Haven't seen him in bit.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

killedbyurmom wrote:
Anything happening on Goldeneye X lately? Also, is Wreck ok? Haven't seen him in bit.

Yes, he's just finishing up a personal project he's been working on.

xbasedexe
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ayee, what's up, been a long time since I last time visited the forums. But, I hope the future project for Goldeneye X would work out great though. Been 2 years since this has been released. Jeez, talking about time flying by fast.

*sniff*
wadiyatalkinabeet?

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Renegadist wrote:
killedbyurmom wrote:

Yes, he's just finishing up a personal project he's been working on.

Thanks for letting me know Smile

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone know of a mini patch to be released? I remember that they did get the platinum gun working in multi...also the watch laser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 52 of 64

Jump to: