ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Animated Terrain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oops, sorry, I abruptly left to visit family for a few days!

MRKane wrote:
Sorry! Damn late night posts!
"First pad of the path" is what I intended to write.

Now suppose I make a path, then make a hover vehicle on the first pad, then attach a script to the hover vehicle to make it follow that path. This won't work - and if I look at the pads in the pad editor there's an object on that pad (as I intended) but also the action script attached to that pad (seems weird...) then if I delete the vehicle, the action script remains attached.

Ahh, I see now! The Action Block isn't attached to the pad, it's just the Pad Editor reporting that the pad is in use by an Action Block. I'm betting that an action in your Action Block specifically refers to that pad, most likely you using some kind of "move 16-object to pad?" Even if you never attached anything to the script in the first place, the Pad Editor would still say a pad is in use by an Action Block. That's all it is, just the pad being used by an action.

MRKane

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Possibly it's just a bug. Still, it's working. I'll have to grab a copy of 3Ds or Maya and try making an animation that I apply to the object (which would reduce the number of repetitive blocks I need to have) - hopefully the free version will do the trick as the FBX animation export seems too weird to read with anything else.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
Possibly it's just a bug. Still, it's working. I'll have to grab a copy of 3Ds or Maya and try making an animation that I apply to the object (which would reduce the number of repetitive blocks I need to have) - hopefully the free version will do the trick as the FBX animation export seems too weird to read with anything else.

FBX works in my expeirence with 3DS max and XSI, the 3ds student version works fine in my experience

MRKane

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CrashOveride wrote:

FBX works in my expeirence with 3DS max and XSI, the 3ds student version works fine in my experience

Fantastic Very Happy I'll grab the student version and see if I can make sense of the object animations. I was planning on making cutscene animations at some stage also to really try and do a good job with this mod, and a couple of new weapons. In saying that, most of it is told like Blood 2 (with minimal animation) as I'm not stupid either!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: