ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye: Tower
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: GoldenEye: Tower Reply with quote Back to top

GoldenEye: Tower
A collaborative singleplayer mod for GoldenEye 007

About
After playing mods Duke Hard and TWHL Tower I thought about doing the same thing for GoldenEye. I made a template map with a playable space area 2500 x 2500 x 400 units (25m x 25m x 4m). Every floor of this tower will be made by a different person as a different mission. The floors would be separated by a stairwell, the door accessing the next floor will be locked and the key is somewhere on that floor.

Template Download
https://files.catbox.moe/1dge9h.7z
Patch 'GoldenEye Tower.xdelta' with a unflipped GoldenEye ROM. Bunker I contains the template level to start using. Use Bunker I as your base level to avoid complications when submitting your level

Participants
Coockie1173
Sogun
sixty four
Uufje
Trevor
MRKane
Garabuyo

Rules (shamelessly stolen from TWHL)
1. Every member must work from the base background template
2. The stairwell can be modified, but only adjusting the doorway or adding decals
3. Aside from the stairwell, the player should only be able to move within the 2500 x 2500 x 400 unit space provided. The challenge is to use the limited space to make something interesting / enjoyable
4. Level scale value must be always set to 1.0
5. You can add windows on the external wall, however this area should not be accessible by the player. It must also fit the tower theme
6. You can cut into the floor and ceiling for detailing purposes but within reason. Bottomless pits wouldn't really work
7. The goal of each floor is to open up the access door to the next floor. This can be a simple button, a key puzzle, or something more elaborate
8. As this mod is based on the footsteps patch, any use of sub-action 2B that affects gameplay for other missions are not allowed
9. Your level setup must use the footsteps action block. It has been included with the setup for Bunker I with block ID 10FF
10. You can only submit one level
11. Deadline for submissions is 30th of June, 2019

Asset Rules
1. If you use third party content, you MUST include the credits to the author in your submission. Any textures / model / sound credits not accounted for WILL be removed or replaced
2. The maximum amount of custom assets per submission are:
- 5 sound effects
- 20 textures
- 2 custom models
- 1 custom song
3. The assets must run on hardware without crashing to be accepted
4. The asset content cannot be offensive / explicit (18+)

Last edited by Carnivorous on Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:34 pm; edited 16 times in total

Coockie1173
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Count me in!

------------------------------
Contact me:
discord: Coockie1173#8187

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks very interesting.

This is the perfect excuse to learn about action blocks. I'll try to make something before the deadline.

sixty four
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to give this a shot. I already looked at the template here, its a good idea. I think I could come up with something for this.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a cool idea! But, I'm no good at modeling...and I don't have the creativity for a "here's an empty room, make something out of it" type of deal.

I guess I could be an emulator-using beta tester at the least.

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a brilliant idea! I'll be sure to have a look when I'm back at work (don't pen me in for anything yet) but there's a lot that can be done with a space like that - and if my different courses have taught me anything it's that everybody has a totally different and crazy idea!

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet! I've recently gotten back into modding and modeling for GE and PD, so I'm interested. Count me in!

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just dont understand what that project is about.

There is a tower, and in every single floor there is a level based on a level from goldeneye? so floor 1 is dam, then upstairs there is floor 2 etc. ?
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Carnivorous
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Every floor will be a separate mission created by a different participant. Upon project completion, all levels will be combined into a ROM with a lobby and rooftop missions. As the base map has the same stairwell, it will be like if the player is climbing the building for every mission.

The floor itself can be anything you want, so long as it fits within the tower theme. If you are unsure try out the referenced mods in the OP

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

interesing project, i like that level

NEW GAME, NEW HISTORY, NEW VILLIAINS, enjoy

Ginez Silvo: The Adventures Continues

Ginez Silvo Return!

K.I.L.L.E.R. vs Vendetta: Expanded Edition

An Ultimate Edition of my first mod but now remastered

''You Pretty Good''

''Rusty but Trusty''

"Silvo for Silver"

Never Gonna Give You Up

Here's Johnny!

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know what - count me in. I'm gonna make it work around everything else that I've got to do.

Quick question to everyone: Is there a theme for this overall mod? I was thinking a "Bond theme" for overall consistency, or does it not matter at all? Smile

Carnivorous
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It can be any theme, so long as it fits with the tower setting. The playable character will still be Bond

Garabuyo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HI. I want to join to this project.

Thanks.

http://bf4stats.com:8601/ps4/Garabuyo

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finally back at work, and a quick request: Is there any vertex lighting on the fbx template? Blender can only import binary fbx files not ASCII so I'm mainly being sure Very Happy

Carnivorous
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes there is vertex lighting used. As far as I know E-S's blender importer for GEOBJs is the only way to keep lighting for blender

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: