ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye Setup Editor RELEASED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Added that to the todo list. Get to it hopefully sometime soon.

Also, I've posted videos of the levels, FINALLY got my setup working to console:
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/downloads.php?id=900
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/downloads.php?id=901
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/downloads.php?id=902
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/downloads.php?id=903

Are also available on youtube. Levels are much much cooler on console.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They perform a lot better on console, that's for sure. Well, atleast for me, because my computer emulates like crap. I should be grateful that I can even play GE & PD with PJ64, though. It could be worse.

Excellent videos, Sub.
Question: did the text for Hide and Seek not upload?
Suggestion: play the Bunker i Multi with somebody and record it. Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I forgot to enter the code of the activators for the text, and I only get a few uploads at a time before everything dies. My PCMCIA card gets warm like immediately, so that may be the issue. But still, looks very cool! It plays very well on console, no lag at all.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to have the gzip compressor as a separate, quick and easy to use utility? I tried just using gzip.exe, but that didnt work- doesnt come out as a 1172 block.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What do you mean? In the editor just do Tools -> Compress / Decompress. Decompression doesn't use gzip at all actually.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was just wondering if it could be separate and simpler, like a MSDOS program, simple drag and drop. Drag a file to the exe, out comes the compressed file. Instead of going>Start>Programs>GE Setup Editor>Tools>Compress every time you need to compress a block.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer GUIs, to me that whole command line thing is a pain, just find the files in the file dialog. Well you just need to open the editor once, then keep it open and do the Tools -> Decompress. If you want a generic ROM Inserter, that could be do-able. Just give it location and file, and will compress and pop it in.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A ROM Inserter would be a useful and convenient tool, go ahead if you want to do it.

Why, I love command line! Who can resist the beatiful array of colors! White ... and Black! Smile

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It has a rom inserter...

If you use Gzip the header will always be a gzip header. Why? Because you're using gzip.

There's a page in the editor help file that covers converting the output file. You could, in theory, pipe something into it and edit the output. The trouble with that is that it:
1. will only usually work on one platform
2. the compression will likely not be optimal. So in other words, there was no really good excuse to pipe it in the first place.
3. depending on the system the output may not be complete
4. depending on the system the output may be absolutely huge since it will honestly think an entire page of information was sent, not just that one, nice little binary.

In case you don't know, the rarepress program did pretty much that. It, by the way, sucks monkey butt.

SiberianSpecialForces
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

havnt been here for a while and this comes in in my absense.....sweet i have the holiday to fiddle with this Wink o ya what is a goodwebsite to dl the goldeneye rom (cuz my rom kinda sucks, no sky)

Ringodoggie
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can someone help me with uploading multi levels? I did everything correctly, entere codes and upload multi, but the level won't start, just a black screen with the level music playing. I am trying to play Frigate in multi. I altered the level menu to play it (level, text, and picture). I can only get uploaded solo levels working. Do I need more codes?

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ugh... wrong thread...

O GREAT ONES! is there work on a co-op patch?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There might be some kind of miscommunication between Zoinkity and myself over the BAADFOOD location for multiplayer. My code originally went to 800003F0 and his goes to 800003E0, so they might be incompatible. I was actually looking over it before you mentioned this. Unfortunately hold off on uploading multis right now, until we get it sorted. But you can work on it on emulator until the time is right!

Zoinkity posted a co-op patch earlier in this thread somewhere, impressive work there.

For fun can you try this multi patch instead of the other and choose "Upload Solo":
"Multiplayer Patch"
8005B231 006A
8105B232 756E
D002A8C3 0008
81047D16 B228
D002A8C3 0008
81047DBE B2E8
D002A8C3 000E
81047D16 B2E8
D002A8C3 000E
81047DBE B228
D002A8C3 000E
810003F2 F00D

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There have been some minor updates to the program, so please redownload the installer if you are interested [Beware installer overwrites all the default setup names]. The best addition is the ability to Quick Convert a level, by pressing F5 in the main menu. This quickens the testing significantly.

I've added presets in reverse order as a preference (BMW's request), and improved F5 Quick Convert so that it does indeed overwrite the filename in the preferences, and it's careful to warn you though if it's going to, the first time.

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/test/goldeneyesetupeditor.exe (just exe, replace other one)

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New update to the help file!
All object types are covered in this most recent edition, including doors. Want to know how to make a door, well, its there. Heck, want to make aircraft move, that's there too. Want to revive the *beta frigate takeoff* - well, you can if you read it all over carefully.

Also, two of the pages on co-op are now included. Instructions on faking all but one objective type are included, as well as something else that completely escapes me. Next edition should have some gameplay stuff in it, like how to force a player to draw a specific gadget in multiplayer.

A few more actions types are in this one as well. The types themselves aren't probably that interesting, but the examples were made spicy. One in particular shows off automating a door so it opens when you near it, just like a certain stage (*cough* - Area51) in another Rare game (*cough* - Perfect Dark)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: